• Total voters

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Damn! I made this post last night, and just got an email in my spam filter about stubby antennas for jeeps from amazon.

They're listening! shit. I mean... no they're not...
The one that freaks me out is my prime shipment boxes having advertisements based on stuff I'm researching...
Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
The one that freaks me out is my prime shipment boxes having advertisements based on stuff I'm researching...
My wife and I stopped by Victoria's Secret the other day to return a shirt she ordered that didn't fit, and now every other ad here is a VS ad...:headbang:

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Ralph-
'researching' doesn't mean finding out what happens when you press the 'buy now' button.
:LOL:

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Ralph-
'researching' doesn't mean finding out what happens when you press the 'buy now' button.
:LOL:
:angel:

lol no here's an example. Late last year I was looking at the chevy silverado a lot. Comparing prices, builds, searching inventory. For a good solid month every amazon prime box delivered to my house had the new Chevy silverado artwork all over it.

Too much of a coincidence...

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM

lol no here's an example. Late last year I was looking at the chevy silverado a lot. Comparing prices, builds, searching inventory. For a good solid month every amazon prime box delivered to my house had the new Chevy silverado artwork all over it.

That’s nuts.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
My wife and I stopped by Victoria's Secret the other day to return a shirt she ordered that didn't fit, and now every other ad here is a VS ad...:headbang:
and why is that a bad thing?

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Damn! I made this post last night, and just got an email in my spam filter about stubby antennas for jeeps from amazon.

They're listening! shit. I mean... no they're not...
Its the cookies that amazon sneaked in to you computer...... nyum nyum nyum....

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Avenger, Used to own 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

that is crazy.. I got another one:

Not long ago I was verbally telling a coworker (at office) about these awesome new sheets I found from Cariloha (seriously go look into those)... she had never seen/heard of said company before, or even looked them up. about 5 - 10 mins after our conversation, an advertisement for cariloha sheets came up on her work pc. Totally unrelated to her, totally unrelated to me, the pc somehow knew what we were verbally discussing and even pinpointed her out of the other 10 people in my office. (nobody else received the ads)

Its as if our phones picked up the conversation, and then somehow knew that she'd be at that specific IP address as opposed to her phone or whatever, and sent them to that IP based on typical location services data.

Big brother must have some siblings out there...

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
eat a snickers! You aren't yourself when you're hangry.

No such thing as a stupid question.
I do need to eat something and a Snickers would hit the spot. But my comment was directed at the 27% of reviewers who put this little joke of an antenna on their Jeep then cry about the radio reception. What did they expect? And you are correct about no such thing as a stupid question but I must now quote one of my favorite lines of all time, " there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people with questions!"

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Can you share the link for the antenna? How bad does it effect the signal if at all?
First day impression of the tiny antenna. I am actually pretty impressed by it. Of course I wasn’t expecting anything much but it held its ground. I was able to get my fav FM channels in HD. Caution, from time to time I’d loose about a sec of coverage due to passing a row of big trees. In short, similar experience with my XM service. Hope this helps. At $11 not too much to loose.

Sponsored

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Avenger, Used to own 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Here is Vlad!

844A2E0A-1A7A-4F02-9ECA-D64160DDBA3B.jpeg
Lookin good, so jealous the wait continues.

tell me more about this american flag graphic behind the grill, definitely interested in something similar.
Sponsored