Zip-Tied Fenders

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
Not exactly a thing one should have to do after paying a hunk of money, but after seeing some other's woes with the wheel well liners getting sucked into the tires I thought I'd do some preventative care. Where I live there can easily be 60-80mph gusts, not including the wind speed from driving.

First picture is the driver's side, where I looped it around the windshield washer bracket. The second is on the passenger side, where there is what appears to be an unused bracket I wrapped around. Works well and the fenders can't be pulled downward toward the tire anymore. Just used a drill bit that was the same size as the zip tie and marked two spots about 3 inches apart from each other.
IMG_0760.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG
Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Cool!

Reactions: RSK

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
I did the same thing on my JK a couple years ago because of flapping noise. Plan to do what you did on the JT tomorrow. Thanks for the pics!

OP
OP
Pion

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
@Pion still holding and working?
2000 miles. A 4x4 trip into the mountains with mud and rocks. Daily driving on the highway at 80mph with various winds. Power washing directly into the fender to remove caked-on mud and about three automated washes. No issues with fenders or zip ties.

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
2000 miles. A 4x4 trip into the mountains with mud and rocks. Daily driving on the highway at 80mph with various winds. Power washing directly into the fender to remove caked-on mud and about three automated washes. No issues with fenders or zip ties.
Did this for 4 years in my JKU. Good thing is when you rip one off on the trail - usually right front...you can just zip tie it back. Here is an example

a quick zip tie on the trail and all good. Of course now we have Leds so I’ll need spotters that are helping me protect my fenders.