7" led headlight shootout

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
LMAO, looks like the stock JL Led is the best all around. I'm going to just get stock led, with maybe a light bar or couple other lights off the a pillar hood mount for more high beam type situation.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JKU
LMAO, looks like the stock JL Led is the best all around. I'm going to just get stock led, with maybe a light bar or couple other lights off the a pillar hood mount for more high beam type situation.
I prefer the morimoto super7s or just a straight up retro with some OEM Osram bulbs!!! Dont get me wrong the stock LED is a good option but i love a nice crisp clean cut off. The OEMs seem to have some light bleed over the cut off

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
That is about what I was thinking.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
That is about what I was thinking.
i really like "factory", their stuff just seems to work better. Also then its done, the lights are installed, no flickering issues, no headaches.

Plus then you get every other LED light in the package. Seems like a no brainer to me if you're buying new. If you get a used JT or a pre-spec without em, then maybe do some other LED thing.

Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm going to start looking into buying something...was too cheap to shell out $995 for the LED option.

I'm running $99/pr Amazon LEDs on my old FJ40 and they are quite good. For years I ran Euro-Code high-wattage halogen bulb headlights on several other cars and those can be had for about $99 too (but halogens get hot).

The JW Speaker LED lights are $299/pr and everyone raves about this setup. Expensive but still a $600 savings.

And somewhere I read about someone figuring out the LED flickering issue on Wranglers.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I'm going to start looking into buying something...was too cheap to shell out $995 for the LED option.

I'm running $99/pr Amazon LEDs on my old FJ40 and they are quite good. For years I ran Euro-Code high-wattage halogen bulb headlights on several other cars and those can be had for about $99 too (but halogens get hot).

The JW Speaker LED lights are $299/pr and everyone raves about this setup. Expensive but still a $600 savings.

And somewhere I read about someone figuring out the LED flickering issue on Wranglers.
Keep in mind that the LED factory upgrade is more than just the headlights..it includes rear tail lights and front parking lights as well.

aus-jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Procomp's are amazing and very close in cutoff style etc. to the factory JK/JL LED's.
I have tried a few before getting these, and I am very happy :)

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
H
Procomp's are amazing and very close in cutoff style etc. to the factory JK/JL LED's.
I have tried a few before getting these, and I am very happy :)
Do you have any experience with procomp’s wheels? I really like a particular set of procomp wheels, they are also like 5 lbs lighter than the others I have been looking at. The thing is they are so cheap I am very hesitant about them.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Keep in mind that the LED factory upgrade is more than just the headlights..it includes rear tail lights and front parking lights as well.
Yes I know...but with the Active Safety package (one of my selected options) you automatically get:
  • Blind Spot and Cross-Path Detection
  • ParkSense® Rear Park-Assist System
  • LED Taillamps (Unavailable with some configurations)
And I could care less that parking lights are LED.

So it results in a $995 pair of LED headlights for me. No way it’s worth that much if I'm already getting Active Safety...

Last edited:

Sponsored

drace99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
Yes I know...but with tow package (one of my selected options) you automatically get rear LED taillights.

Could care less that parking lights are LED.

So it results in a $995 pair of LED headlights for me. No way it’s worth that much...

What tow package gives you LED tail lights? I only see LED tail lights with the LED package. I ordered a Rubicon with tow package.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
What tow package gives you LED tail lights? I only see LED tail lights with the LED package. I ordered a Rubicon with tow package.
Active Safety adds the LED tail lights.

2019-06-12 09_46_49-Build & Price a 2020 Jeep® Gladiator today! _ Jeep.jpg

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
So I found out if you want the trail camera you have to get the led package. Seems like a RIP off if you already got the active safety.

AZchip

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Cherokee 2003 Tundra
I bought the KC Gravity headlights for the JK. Very nice. Compared them to a JL with LEDs. Seems to be comparable.