Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Hahahahaha your being too nice!
Remember “Brenda” and the gang are getting paid to be bothered. I’d rather be engaged in conversation than just staring at my phone or screen ,stuck in some cubicle.
Funny thing is ... I had the same thought, hahahahaha :)
Fair, but today is the first day they're being painted. There is no chance I'm going to have it in the next two weeks so for me there is no point in bothering them. Plus, the status seems to jump around and even go backwards at different points in the process. Seems more frustrating than anything else. I might feel differently once I sell my current vehicle and I'm using my in-laws car to get to work every day.
Sponsored

Snatrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Archaeologist
How are you guys getting your VIN's? I submitted my order to my dealer the Saturday before the Sting Grays were released, and that's where it ended... Should he be getting information to me, or will FCA contact me on their own? I browsed thru the tracker but don't see anything that could be my SG JTR...
Oh, I just went to the FCA site =, started a chat, it gives you the option to put in a VON and a VIN or just one of them, I didnt have a VIN. I put in the VON and started the chat and the nice lady gave me my VIN and the current status of my SG order which like most of us was D.

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
Oh, I just went to the FCA site =, started a chat, it gives you the option to put in a VON and a VIN or just one of them, I didnt have a VIN. I put in the VON and started the chat and the nice lady gave me my VIN and the current status of my SG order which like most of us was D.
Thanks for the tip, went to the site and got my VIN !

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't received a VON yet either. Think they'll be able to research that as well? I only know my build and the dealership name... And that they have my deposit. :movember:

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
I haven't received a VON yet either. Think they'll be able to research that as well? I only know my build and the dealership name... And that they have my deposit. :movember:
The dealer should give you the VON. It’s created once the order is submitted.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I also got my VIN yesterday through chat.
How often are you guys checking? I wish there was an automated system in place so that I can check 10x a day and not bother anyone (Without them thinking I'm insane :lipssealed:)
There was one available when I ordered my JL, and only when it was on the train did I start bothering my dealer.

Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Just got my VIN today! Is this what happy feels like? Or is this just more anxiousness as I wait to receive it?

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Just got my VIN today! Is this what happy feels like? Or is this just more anxiousness as I wait to receive it?
I was relieved when I finally placed my order and now I'm just anxious. I'd at least like to enjoy some top down weather for a couple months this year.

ChipFernandez

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 97 Harley-Davidson Fatboy, 2019 Coleman BT200X
Put my deposit down on 6/14 and got my VIN# today for my Sting Grey Rubicon.In D status but my dealership said it had an estimated ship date of 7/08 when it would load the train...we'll see?
It's has:
Cold weather group
LED package
AUX outlets
Spray in bed liner
Tonneau cover
Tow package
Dual tops
Hardtop headliner
Fwd facing trail cam
Slush mats
8.4" Entertainment package
Bluetooth Wireless speaker
Cargo mgmt system with Trail rail
2" Mopar suspension lift kit
35" x 12.50" x 17" NITTO Trail Grappler MT
Winch capable Steel front bumper (purchased through parts)

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Put my deposit down on 6/14 and got my VIN# today for my Sting Grey Rubicon.In D status but my dealership said it had an estimated ship date of 7/08 when it would load the train...we'll see?
It's has:
Cold weather group
LED package
AUX outlets
Spray in bed liner
Tonneau cover
Tow package
Dual tops
Hardtop headliner
Fwd facing trail cam
Slush mats
8.4" Entertainment package
Bluetooth Wireless speaker
Cargo mgmt system with Trail rail
2" Mopar suspension lift kit
35" x 12.50" x 17" NITTO Trail Grappler MT
Winch capable Steel front bumper (purchased through parts)
That would be amazingly fast compared to every other order reported on the forum. Especially if the build hasn’t started yet (i.e. E status), with the holiday next week. Hopefully it really does ship that fast.

Last edited:

ChipFernandez

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would be amazingly fast compared to every other order reported on the forum. Especially if the build hasn’t started yet (i.e. E status), with the holiday next week. Hopefully it really does ship that fast.
Agreed. At 1st they told me no on the wireless speaker, trail cam and steel bumper. I stuck with it and they said okay but I am ordering the bumper separately through parts bc it's still unavailable as a built on package.
I'm guessing/hoping that since I have black fenders and Hardtop it isn't being slowed down like some orders with color matching top/fenders..

ChipFernandez

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. At 1st they told me no on the wireless speaker, trail cam and steel bumper. I stuck with it and they said okay but I am ordering the bumper separately through parts bc it's still unavailable as a built on package.
I'm guessing/hoping that since I have black fenders and Hardtop it isn't being slowed down like some orders with color matching top/fenders..
From Jeep that today:
VON: 44027385 VIN: 1C6JJTBGXLL133727
ORDERING CUSTOMER NAME: LUIS FERNANDEZ
Estimate Shipping Date(ETA): not available
Thank you for your patience as I have found your vehicle. At this time there is not an ETA on your vehicle. I have found a status under your vehicle at this time your status is as following: All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. Please be advised you can be in this status up to 30 days I would advise checking back next week to see if an update has been made.

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
From Jeep that today:
Thank you for your patience as I have found your vehicle. At this time there is not an ETA on your vehicle. I have found a status under your vehicle at this time your status is as following: All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. Please be advised you can be in this status up to 30 days I would advise checking back next week to see if an update has been made.
There’s a few of us Sting Gray guys at the same spot. I haven’t heard of any estimated build dates yet. I am D1 for 5 days now.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
From Jeep that today:
There’s a few of us Sting Gray guys at the same spot. I haven’t heard of any estimated build dates yet. I am D1 for 5 days now.
The few non-LE Granites that were suppose to start last week are still D status. Looks like the SG folks may jump to the front of the line.
Sponsored