Sponsored

Anyone priced the steel winch capable front bumper when not purchased with the vehicle?

ChipFernandez

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 97 Harley-Davidson Fatboy, 2019 Coleman BT200X
I'm getting a quote for $1198 installed. That seems a bit high when the factory option is $695...if you can order it.
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
It is simple to install.

Go over to the JL forum and look for someone with a take off bumper. You can also cruise Facebook marketplace and craigslist for take offs.

bmount

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I'm getting a quote for $1198 installed. That seems a bit high when the factory option is $695...if you can order it.
I put a WTB ad on here and had a guy post his email saying he wanted to sell one for $850 shipped (from FL to TX). Didn't sound too bad until his PayPal account suddenly wouldn't work and wanted me to pay with Bitcoin...

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Its $1045 on Quadratec. Thought I saw it for $995 on a Mopar site.

Yes it is a RIP-off if you buy from dealer

Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Yes, a winch plate is needed to mount a winch in the bumper. --> https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/JLHR-WP-PC.html <--
Thanks @Sorbs

So that adds another $199 to whatever price is paid for the OEM Jeep Bumper.

So the factory order price is $695...then you have to add a winch plate $199...and (most) will add a bull bar tube $199 = $1,093.

Yeah, pretty much confirms for me not doing that bumper.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks @Sorbs

So that adds another $199 to whatever price is paid for the OEM Jeep Bumper.

So the factory order price is $695...then you have to add a winch plate $199...and (most) will add a bull bar tube $199 = $1,093.

Yeah, pretty much confirms for me not doing that bumper.
Oh man, look at the some of the Warn winch plates...those get over $600 all by themselves.

It really comes down to what you're planning to do with the winch. You can spend big bucks on a bumper that doesn't need a plate, buy a cheapo bumper that will twist/bend when using your winch, or order the JLR/JTR steel bumper with removable end caps that needs a winch plate.

For $695, (less when you order from one of the many dealers willing to deal), the factory bumper is a pretty good deal.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Oh man, look at the some of the Warn winch plates...those get over $600 all by themselves.

It really comes down to what you're planning to do with the winch. You can spend big bucks on a bumper that doesn't need a plate, buy a cheapo bumper that will twist/bend when using your winch, or order the JLR/JTR steel bumper with removable end caps that needs a winch plate.

For $695, (less when you order from one of the many dealers willing to deal), the factory bumper is a pretty good deal.
I too am trying to decide what to do here. For me I think it comes down to the fact that the factory bumper has no provision for shackles. I tend to use shackles instead of hooks so that will be the deciding factor for me. I have looked at the main stream suppliers and have seen several viable options in the 6 to 9 hundred range.

My understanding is that any front bumper for a JL will fit a JT

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I too am trying to decide what to do here. For me I think it comes down to the fact that the factory bumper has no provision for shackles. I tend to use shackles instead of hooks so that will be the deciding factor for me. I have looked at the main stream suppliers and have seen several viable options in the 6 to 9 hundred range.

My understanding is that any front bumper for a JL will fit a JT
Yes, no difference between JL/JT bumpers. The seven slot grill slats are wider, but the bumpers are the same.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Any good bumper/winch combo deals that anyone's come across? I would like it if it was just all done and maybe i just need to bolt it on myself. That isn't a difficult thing to do right?

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads