Red Ruby

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
On June 1st I traded in my 2016 JKUR HR for a 2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon. I bought the JKUR used in 2017 and it was nothing but a heartache due to an electrical gremlin which resulted in more than 200 total days in the shop. After the last "We found the problem" fix and then the same dreaded X-mas effect dash light alarms and warning lights happened again. I could not trade the POS in fast enough.

After a couple of days of haggling we came to a deal which essentially resulted in getting the JT for 5 grand under MSRP. They were one vehicle short of making their monthly quota to get their bonus cash so they caved as I was walking out the door. So this came home with me.
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6JJTBG0LL105130

IMG_2979 2.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
uplandgunner

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First thing up was ordering a front bumper and a winch.
Smittybilt 77807 XRC Gen2 Front Bumper
Smittybilt 98510 X2O-10 Comp Gen2 Winch with Synthetic Line
Red Ruby 1.jpg
Red Ruby 2.jpg

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
On June 1st I traded in my 2016 JKUR HR for a 2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon. I bought the JKUR used in 2017 and it was nothing but a heartache due to an electrical gremlin which resulted in more than 200 total days in the shop. After the last "We found the problem" fix and then the same dreaded X-mas effect dash light alarms and warning lights happened again. I could not trade the POS in fast enough.

After a couple of days of haggling we came to a deal which essentially resulted in getting the JT for 5 grand under MSRP. They were one vehicle short of making their monthly quota to get their bonus cash so they caved as I was walking out the door. So this came home with me.
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6JJTBG0LL105130

IMG_2979 2.JPG
So do you think you got just a bad egg with your jku? Electrical grimlins better with the jt?

OP
OP
uplandgunner

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kind of a known issue and it has befuddled FCA forever. A friend who is a close friend of a jeep dealer in Ohio said It's a 1 in 3000 thing. Heat and flexing at slow speeds seems to be the trigger. I tried to be patient as I really liked the JKUR HR but patience has its limits.
Sponsored