If I could do it over...

Camper

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE (on order)
Shipping SUCKS!! If I could do it over again, I’d order from the dealership closest to the factory in Toledo Ohio. I was told our Gladiator would ride a train to a staging area in Council Bluff, IA where it will be placed on a truck for the 3 hour drive to South Dakota. It all sounded simple enough and that is what’s happening…kind of. Our Gladiator shipped (KZT) from the factory on a train on June 2nd and arrived in Council Bluffs, IA on June 27th…25 days on a train!!! Now it sits in a Council Bluffs parking lot waiting for a 3 hour truck ride north. I’m told it will sit there for the next 14 days or so before being trucked to the dealer. I know they’re shipping the most cost-effective ways possible, but 40 days in transit is kind of ridiculous. Next time I would order from the dealer in Toledo.
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Well I live in the 419 about 60 miles from the plant and they have me stuck in a rail car at the plant for some reason. I am on day 15 in KZ.

My wife's JLUS was built and shipped to the dealer in 4 days so I figured once I passed JB hell I would have it quickly. This is not the case.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Shipping SUCKS!! If I could do it over again, I’d order from the dealership closest to the factory in Toledo Ohio. I was told our Gladiator would ride a train to a staging area in Council Bluff, IA where it will be placed on a truck for the 3 hour drive to South Dakota. It all sounded simple enough and that is what’s happening…kind of. Our Gladiator shipped (KZT) from the factory on a train on June 2nd and arrived in Council Bluffs, IA on June 27th…25 days on a train!!! Now it sits in a Council Bluffs parking lot waiting for a 3 hour truck ride north. I’m told it will sit there for the next 14 days or so before being trucked to the dealer. I know they’re shipping the most cost-effective ways possible, but 40 days in transit is kind of ridiculous. Next time I would order from the dealer in Toledo.
Mine too went through council bluffs. It arrived there last Tuesday, got unloaded last Friday from the train. Arrived at the dealer on Thursday and I'm on my way to pick it up right now, my dealer is in spirit lake IA. The dealer said they weren't expecting it until next week, so maybe yours will get to you sooner than projected as well!

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I am in the same boat as you. My LE was shipped from OH to MD on a rail car via Ottawa, Canada LOL so it is sitting on a rail yard somewhere and then will be in St. Louis and then get on a truck to MD... @JeepCares FCA really needs to look into improving their supply chain management especially when MD is two states over from OH ;)

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Not to mention that on the train vehicles commonly get rail dust and other potential damage to them..

Sponsored

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Wow, that sucks! And your dealer’s hands are tied too!

Howie wowie

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I would’ve bought a wrangler. I’m sick of waiting. I’m so disappointed. This is worse than the hellcats I’ve ordered!

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Your dealer can pick it up. Grab your sales guy tell him enough is enough, go get it. Dealers do this all the time. My dealer did it for me.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Your dealer can pick it up. Grab your sales guy tell him enough is enough, go get it. Dealers do this all the time. My dealer did it for me.
If this is true my dealer and I will be making a road trip very soon.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
If this is true my dealer and I will be making a road trip very soon.
Let us know if they don't. In fact my sales guy called me and asked if I wanted to go and drive it, he also asked for my permission to put the miles on it, I said No I am in business meetings all day, but well me you at the dealer around 6-7 pm tonight. You go ahead and drive it, I have GOT to pick it up tonight, I live tomorrow on a business trip and I need it, thanks for picking it up...

Sponsored

3lseeker

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SS, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Mine arrives at the railyard in NC today... yay! The GM that I am working with said that he has asked several times if he could come pick up vehicles but the FCA logistics folks tell him no.
I wouldn't mind waiting a few days but he recieved notification from his FCA rep that they have switched trucking companies due to performance problems (as of 7/1). Now they are "3 to 4 days behind"... but behind what? Does that mean it will make it to the dealer in 4 or 5 days or 2 or 3 weeks?

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
Mine arrives at the railyard in NC today... yay! The GM that I am working with said that he has asked several times if he could come pick up vehicles but the FCA logistics folks tell him no.
I wouldn't mind waiting a few days but he recieved notification from his FCA rep that they have switched trucking companies due to performance problems (as of 7/1). Now they are "3 to 4 days behind"... but behind what? Does that mean it will make it to the dealer in 4 or 5 days or 2 or 3 weeks?
My bet is because FCA has already paid for truckage. I did not ask my dealer how they got the keys manual etc? Do they ship them direct to the dealer or are they in a box in the bed of the truck????

What I do know was that my order was expedited due to time constraints-business needs that may have been the dealer way of getting it. Sales guy drove it in it did about 3X miles on it and I agreed BEFORE hand that was acceptable to me.

3lseeker

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SS, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
We have a trip planned for next week and the GM felt good about getting it in time... He requested an expedite already. We will see.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Not to mention that on the train vehicles commonly get rail dust and other potential damage to them..
i hear you, but its kinda funny the most offroad capable vehicle getting dusty.....

MaximusDecimusMeridius

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Red LE, 2014 Sierra 6in lift, 2015 Ford Fusion
If I could do it over I'd probably just go pick up a durango srt. I've seen some pretty good discounts on new ones.

If I don't have the keys for it in my hands this week I might just go do that.
Sponsored