Sponsored

Elana's Progress

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there. With the recent events that have transpired, I thought it might be a good idea to document my progress towards getting my Gladiator, including the financial hurdles to overcome, and then when I finally get it, showcasing what I do with it.

First I would like to state that unfortunately, it is unlikely I will be keeping my Nissan for much longer, between the high maintenance costs and poor gas mileage for doing uber full time I will probably be trading it in for a used Toyota Prius within the next month or two. After I am able to get the replacement vehicle and start making a net-positive in my earnings, I will be saving up to help move my SO out from Florida, which may or may not included getting the Gladiator to serve as a towing vehicle. If the move happens before I get the new truck, I will be renting a U-Haul or similar to aid in the move, and then with our combined incomes we will be saving up for it together so that there are two vehicles for us to use.

Hopefully while I'm waiting for the money to finally be at the point where I can get it, better options will come out, including the late-availability colors. One thing I have considered doing to make my JT more unique is order it in the Hydro-Blue, and, as a close approximation, get a Freedom Top meant to be paired with the Gobi color from the dealer, as I've always been a fan of pairing the blue with the tan top instead of black, along with the tan seats inside. I'll post a photoshoped concept of it when I'm back on my main comp.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the concept images, composited from Jeep's build preview:
FmtjKhN.jpg

sd2nlkL.jpg

9R9VfwU.jpg

whhgIzJ.jpg

OP
OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello again. The next phase on my progress towards getting my gladiator has started. After spending the weekend in socal car shopping for a better vehicle to do uber with, I located and bought a used 2014 Prius. Chances are I will end up selling the Frontier to cover most of the cost of the loan. Once the loan is paid off I will have two options:

1. Get a used CJ or wrangler for less than $10,000 so that I have a play vehicle and something to haul some amount of cargo around with the intention of selling it for a similar amount when I'm ready to buy the Gladiator.

OR

2. Make do without any hauling vehicle at all and put every penny I save into getting the Gladiator.

Curious what you guys think about my options. Where I am, used outfitted jeeps can usually sell pretty well as big toys, even if they don't have the best odometer reading. Occasionally you still see a CJ-5 with a for sale sign around here.

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Wait and save up for what you want. Good luck in whatever you decide. Where are you moving to in California?

OP
OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@LeftCoast32 I'm not changing my residence, I went to socal because they had better deals on used priuses down there. Brought it home to Grass Valley after the purchase.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Elanachan

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get a gladiator
Still dealing with financial issues, it's at the top of my list after finding new housing, assuming we don't decide to go with a JLU instead (still leaning twards the JT to be able to tow a larger travel trailer).
Sponsored