Sponsored

Why dealers are not familiar with speed recal

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
It’s mind boggling to me why every dealer I’ve called doesn’t understand or know about the mopar speed recalibration for larger tires .

Personally I don’t want an aftermarket programmer. My dealer isn’t real excited about aftermarket programmers and on my 60k plus vehicle I’m not interested in taking the chance to void my warranty .

Every dealer I’ve called has no idea what I’m talking about . Why ?
Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Probably because it is a very specialized thing, and for so long it was done by aftermarket programmers. There are so many for this purpose...

I'd suggest going to the dealership, trying to talk to the service manager and showing them the image below. That said, you also want to make sure they are comfortable working on jeeps. Otherwise... yea... they may do more harm than good...
jl-wrangler-upgraded-tire-wheel-size-calibration-png.png

source: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...eedometer-and-odometer-for-bigger-tires.5548/

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sometimes it is hard to get past clueless service advisers. Should not be that way, but many times you have to know more than them and spoon feed it to them to understand. Most dealerships are about maintenance and periodic servicing. Doing stuff like this is the exception and not the norm. It will never change.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Sometimes it is hard to get past clueless service advisers. Should not be that way, but many times you have to know more than them and spoon feed it to them to understand. Most dealerships are about maintenance and periodic servicing. Doing stuff like this is the exception and not the norm. It will never change.
Service advisors are sales people, seldom knowledgeable about vehicles. Their job is to upsell folks that bring their vehicles in for some service. I would ask to speak with the most senior technician.

Sponsored

OP
OP

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
Four dealerships here in OKC no luck . Yes you can use a taser or any programmer . I just wanted it all mopar . Contacted Jeep cares and they didn’t know either .

I have a friend that works for fca and he has contacted a dealer and walking them through the process . Once done I’ll explain in detail how they did it for anyone else interested .

Had appointment with dealer , dropped it off at 9 am , never heard anything so I called at 4 pm and the service advisor said they never assigned anyone to it :headbang: . To add fuel to the fire they told me they would call back to reschedule and never happened .I really think the Jeep gods are telling me something . Maybe a taser is a better idea .

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Four dealerships here in OKC no luck . Yes you can use a taser or any programmer . I just wanted it all mopar . Contacted Jeep cares and they didn’t know either .

I have a friend that works for fca and he has contacted a dealer and walking them through the process . Once done I’ll explain in detail how they did it for anyone else interested .

Had appointment with dealer , dropped it off at 9 am , never heard anything so I called at 4 pm and the service advisor said they never assigned anyone to it :headbang: . To add fuel to the fire they told me they would call back to reschedule and never happened .I really think the Jeep gods are telling me something . Maybe a taser is a better idea .
Bummer.

Just for reference. The Tire Size is a Vehicle Setting that will persist even if the Tazer is disconnected. So if that’s all you end up using it for, it does not have to stay connected all the time.

Spooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
It’s mind boggling to me why every dealer I’ve called doesn’t understand or know about the mopar speed recalibration for larger tires .

Personally I don’t want an aftermarket programmer. My dealer isn’t real excited about aftermarket programmers and on my 60k plus vehicle I’m not interested in taking the chance to void my warranty .

Every dealer I’ve called has no idea what I’m talking about . Why ?
My suggestion would be to ask for the dealership‘s warranty clerk. Ask the clerk to go into Chrysler DealerConnect and add the codes that fit your application, then have the flash done. The warranty clerk should be able to find it pretty easily as they work in DealerConnect all day. I am sure there will be a charge for the flash, maybe $100.00 or so. Make sure you add the codes before the flash.

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
You should look at ECRI. It will program your speedo by using your phone and gps. When your done, you remove it. None of the marry/un-marry stuff. It doesn't have as many of the extra functions that the Tazer does.

I used a Tazer for my wife's JL and I used ECRI for my Gladiator. I like the ECRI better.
Sponsored