Not open for further replies.

gladtohaveit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE
I just think your barking up the wrong tree, maybe @JeepCares could direct you to the right people. I agree with the total crapstorm of the roll out, but tagging them in every post will likely get them to exit this forum, they are resourceful to an extent.
They would be a resource if they consistently engaged with all of the members and customers. Unfortunately, @JeepCares continues to ignore the posts they don’t really care to answer. The worst thing Jeep, FCA, or any other outlets can do is to remain silent and ignore a growing problem. This is how a mole hill becomes a mountain real fast.
Sponsored

JeepFoxhound

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
boy im glad i'm getting my gladiator in August-September I see a lot of suffering in these threads.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
So mediocrity is cool? I guess we can cancel the ad budget!

6359519775_0182055160_b.jpg

BJV95050

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Pathfinder 2004 Harley Davidson Softail
I'm over the hype of the Gladiator.

I wouldn't feel guilty cancelling my order if it was never started to begin with, right??? All there ever was for my order was a VON, a VIN assigned and parts "gathered" for the past 50 days in D status. I now have a case escalated for my build to the higher ups; who cares, I'm not holding my breath for someone to respond to me and tell me the same story I already know for the past 50 days.

This would have been my FIRST Jeep purchase and it has been a very disappointing one. If my confirmed order doesn't mean anything to FCA, why should I wait around? Given a 5-10 week date back in May, I was thinking I can't wait to have one of these and it's going to be kick ass hanging out with other Jeep enthusiasts!!!! Seeing other Gladiators sit at the dealer while we wait for months for our orders to be completed is a slap in the face by FCA. Confirmed orders should be priority for FCA, the consumers will be the ones advertising the product on the road.

I'm extremely disappointed on how the build process has been handled, especially the loyal enthusiasts who ordered the LE's. I do feel bad for the LE folks who have been waiting the longest, I really do.

No deposit was ever left for my order, I have nothing to lose. I will just take my 53k that I wanted to spend on my M/T Rubicon and take my business somewhere else.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
LOL, to compliment the other models Jeep should announce the "Vapor Edition"

Just imagine the fantastic features and capabilities they could advertise.

Seriously though, I can remember as a child my Father ordering a new car and it taking months to arrive. I don't remember him seething with angst, writing daily letters to the manufacturer, or even staking out the car dealership hoping to catch a glimpse of a similar one.

I get the disappointment, and in all seriousness if I had ordered an LE and have still not received it, I'd cancel it. NFW I would pay the premium now.

BUT, having said that you guys are just whipping yourselves into a futile frenzy. Go look your dealer in the eye, give him X number of days to deliver your Jeep or you're out. Life is waaaay to short to live like this. American consumerism has taught us to expect immediate gratification. Most of us don't grow our own food, we have lost touch with what it means to be patient and watchfull, to set our goals and work for them.

It's a 2020 model folks, every other vehicle in the FCA line is a 2019, they're trying to give us what we want on an accelerated basis (and they're sort of sucking at it yes I agree), so breathe deep in through your nose out through your mouth and laugh about it, because no amount of frothing and seething is going to make it come any sooner

Sponsored

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I feel for the LE guys that still haven't gotten their Jeeps. I felt it was a good marketing ploy that backfired, as I was one of the first to sign up (5 minutes after the website went live, before most even knew it was there) and never got a phone call from the concierge or the dealer. I was over the whole thing, but ended up getting another email telling me to take the email to my dealer and order one by that Friday if I still wanted it, so I went and ended up buying a nearly fully loaded Rubicon off the lot that was specced pretty much exactly as I would have specced the LE, and for cheaper pricing than I could have gotten the LE - and I drove it home that day. The dealer really didn't seem interested in doing the LE order, I even offered to let them spec it and sell it on the lot if they wanted to since I had a spot, but they weren't interested - maybe they knew there'd be issues?

Reading how many people still don't have their LE's and I've had mine for 6 weeks makes me feel like I dodged a huge bullet - the whole LE marketing ploy seems to be a failed experiment. Mostly due to execution on it, it was a good idea to drive up excitement for it but the number of people that never got called, despite being told they had a spot for one, and the fact that a large number of those that ordered still don't have theirs, makes me thing somebody really botched it or it was a last minute ploy that wasn't fully baked.

And wtf is Jeep's problem with color availability? It's completely maddening that you have to wait for late availability colors and they then miss their dates on them. Just charge extra for other colors and make some extra money like every other sane manufacturer, and give us a paint to sample ability like most others do as well. WTF, it's like free money left on the table for Jeep - I'd have paid an extra $500 to a grand to get Gobi or Yellow, but instead I just settle for white instead of playing the color availability roulette wheel. Jeep ends up with more customer angst and lose the extra money they could charge and why? Makes no sense.

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jkx, 16 jkuhr, 2020 gladiator
How about the fact that the manual transmission is listed as the standard transmission for the gladiator but is some how a late release option?

@JeepCares

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I would really love to read their replies and explanations. So many people ticked off here for so many different reasons. And how can a standard item even be a delayed “option?”

How about the fact that the manual transmission is listed as the standard transmission for the gladiator but is some how a late release option?

@JeepCares

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
All,

I understand the frustration many of you are experiencing, but the repeated bashing is getting out of hand. JeepCares is a team of four people that addresses customer service issues once customers are in possession of their vehicles. They are unable to address or provide insight to the majority of marketing-related inquiries. The team is here at their pleasure and the excessive tagging of them in this thread (50+ times) is hindering their ability to assist users with issues on the forum. I think most can agree that any help they can provide is appreciated.

That said, going forward this and any similar threads will be closed. Using this site to bash JeepCares will be in violation of the rules and subject to warnings/suspension if it continues.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.