Sponsored

Anyone else have issues with their Gladiator Transfer Case?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Got worse with a new transfer case?

Sounds like a problem in the tail-shaft of the transmission misdiagnosed as transfer case
Sponsored

OP
OP

EdWilson

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
you bet brother, easy fix once they get the right one in there. For some reason there was a bad batch for the GMs as all the axles are outsourced, same with Jeep. So can't blame GM or FCA. Drove a Sport S Max tow yesterday and it was a completely different highway ride that one of of the early JTs I drove, it barely wandered and I could easily steer with one hand. Very pleased and the JT is back on the radar, just waiting on granite. Ironically, the tire pressure was 41 cold on both JTs. I wonder if something as simple as loose CV axle/weak stabilizer and if they sourced a better stabilizer on the one I drove. In fact, it was so different that I would have thought the person who said (me,lol) the JT wanders doesn't know what in the hell they are talking about.
Yahoo, the truck is fixed! New axle and its all good. Now to install all the OEM parts we ordered.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I am having an issue similar to the OP in this thread.

Same symptoms. Super loud vibration / grinding, comes and goes, seems to start when the Jeep hits a bump in the road or something.

Just started today and havenā€™t taken it in yet.

Just picked up the Jeep on 12/31/19, less than 500 miles. Ordered the Rubicon build on 11/4.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Just brought my JT in to the dealer. If anyone else has experienceD this issue, please chime in. Would be great to compile this data and maybe lead to a TSB.

Imjeli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK
I've been having a similar issue as of late. It seems to have started once I tried out the lockers on a snow bank. Now I get a random vibration from the driveline somewhere. Its random and lasts about a second, kind of like driving over rumble strips.
I'm taking it into the dealer Friday to have it looked at.

Sponsored

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Took it in and was able to reproduce the issue with one of the techs.

Foreman took the case over and was not able to reproduce it himself. He did find SB 19-002-19 in FCA STAR platform (attached below) and replaced the steering dampener.

SB talks about a ā€œsteering wheel shimmy,ā€ which makes it seem way less intense than what I experienced, but it also mentions the symptoms coming on at spring 55 mph, which is consistent with my experience.

Iā€™m not 100% convinced it solved the issue, but I havenā€™t experienced it since I got the truck back, so maybe it did the trick. Time will tell.

372EE4B3-85A4-42AF-8453-E21C68D9D863.jpeg

Imjeli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK
Was told it needs a new actuator. Should be done on Friday. We'll see

Imjeli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK

GladiatorShawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I am having an issue similar to the OP in this thread.

Same symptoms. Super loud vibration / grinding, comes and goes, seems to start when the Jeep hits a bump in the road or something.

Just started today and havenā€™t taken it in yet.

Just picked up the Jeep on 12/31/19, less than 500 miles. Ordered the Rubicon build on 11/4.
Day 8 at the dealer with the exact problem on my Gladiator Rubicon with 3k miles. Apparently they deliver parts via wagon train. It took them five days to figure out what the issue is. Obviously, this is becoming a common problem on these.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Did the new actuator fix it?

Day 8 at the dealer with the exact problem on my Gladiator Rubicon with 3k miles. Apparently they deliver parts via wagon train. It took them five days to figure out what the issue is. Obviously, this is becoming a common problem on these.
What did they say it was for yours? On mine, they replaced the steering damper and it seems to have solved the issue. Imjeli above says they are replacing the TC actuator and the OP said replacing the side axle to eliminate play finally solved it. Same problem, many solutions?

Sponsored

GladiatorShawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Did the new actuator fix it?

What did they say it was for yours? On mine, they replaced the steering damper and it seems to have solved the issue. Imjeli above says they are replacing the TC actuator and the OP said replacing the side axle to eliminate play finally solved it. Same problem, many solutions?
It looks like they're replacing the axle shaft and axle guide. They said originally that a seal was missing in the front differential and that caused the problem.

GladiatorShawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Now it's been over two weeks and AutoNation is claiming they can't get parts until April. Oh, and they don't have a replacement that I can drive. I've never dealt with more arrogant and incompetent people in my life. @JeepCares hasn't exactly been helpful either. They keep claiming my "case manager" will contact me but that's been more that a week now.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Now it's been over two weeks and AutoNation is claiming they can't get parts until April. Oh, and they don't have a replacement that I can drive. I've never dealt with more arrogant and incompetent people in my life. @JeepCares hasn't exactly been helpful either. They keep claiming my "case manager" will contact me but that's been more that a week now.
@GladiatorShawn,
I'm sorry to hear that you are not receiving updates from your case manager. If you'd like me to look into your case for you, please provide me with your VIN or Case# via private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR