First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
CBs are hardly used anymore. Ive found I like using these. However without a monitor on the other end it wouldnt likely do you any good.
https://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=special_categories&cPath=1167
The rugged Radios are rebranded Baofeng UV-5R. Which not only is an older radio, the new being the BF-F8HP Baofeng. Which if you are in the market for one order before the rule change from the FCC in September. Which disallows the sales of radios capable of transmitting in FRs, GMRS, MURS, and 2Meter altogether. So in turn after the change you can own but if you buy tx will be locked on all channels except ham. Look at my build thread as did a great overview on this very subject dealing with comms.
Sponsored

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I have seen some jeep jamborees that will not let you drive the trails at the events without a cb. They make cb a requirement to register.

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiaror,07JK,20JL,2022 Wagoneer
Occupation
Division Manager
In my Jk I run 2 Yaesu Dual bands and a CB. Antenna also previews for HF. But I am a radio guy.
In CA, there is plenty of repeater coverage for ham bands you can get your ham technician ticket in 1 day most local ham clubs offer " Ham Cram " courses a Saturday study and test most folks pass if you have no prior knowledge the cram is the way to go you only study the correct answer so when you take the test you pick what you have read
Sponsored