Sponsored

Lifting our 2020 JT Rubicon - NOT MOPAR LIFT -

Status
Not open for further replies.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Just because it's a budget boost doesn't mean it's worthless. Not everyone has the cash to throw down all at once to get where they want to be, and doing things in stages is perfectly fine. There's also a lot of people who will wheel modestly modified jeeps a hell of a lot more than many of the people who can afford to drop big bucks on the top end stuff. Don't judge...
Yeah, unfortunately I'm in that boat. I'll have to see what these pucks and leveling kits are all about.

I think people are giving them a hard time because the level of suspense wasn't proportionate to the awesomeness of the reveal.

But first I'm going to just get my JT, enjoy it a bit. Put the LE wheels/tires on it, then a while later maybe do a cheater lift with the Rubicon suspension.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I’d still like to check it out, but there’s still no pictures or info after a week and a half of hype. I guess hype is the name of the game in social media world...
Can you provide a link to fb?

Just because it's a budget boost doesn't mean it's worthless. Not everyone has the cash to throw down all at once to get where they want to be, and doing things in stages is perfectly fine. There's also a lot of people who will wheel modestly modified jeeps a hell of a lot more than many of the people who can afford to drop big bucks on the top end stuff. Don't judge...
I agree with you on this, our JT is the Prototype for their company, they are going to be coming out with three kits and the best part is it will fit everyone budget... I am not a fan of a spacer kit never have, however I have had the kit installed for a few days, its really not that bad at all so far.. we head out camping today, we will be posting how she does on the trail and of course will be sharing it with all of you....

We have Coils that are being made now, should have them 6 - 8 weeks to replace those spacers.. It will be nice to compare the two.. I am sure this post will help allot of people decide what kit they want to get vs....

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

I agree with you on this, our JT is the Prototype for their company, they are going to be coming out with three kits and the best part is it will fit everyone budget... I am not a fan of a spacer kit never have, however I have had the kit installed for a few days, its really not that bad at all so far.. we head out camping today, we will be posting how she does on the trail and of course will be sharing it with all of you....

We have Coils that are being made now, should have them 6 - 8 weeks to replace those spacers.. It will be nice to compare the two.. I am sure this post will help allot of people decide what kit they want to get vs....
Well having your JT be used to prototype something is certainly cool.

I'll be interested in pricing on these kits.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well having your JT be used to prototype something is certainly cool.

I'll be interested in pricing on these kits.
as info comes avail... I will be posting it....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Saw your videos on the Rubicon trail. Pretty cool. Question, after installing the 4" lift and taking it out on the trail, has there been any indication of driveshaft rub?

On the 4dr JL, the driveshaft would rub on a lift over 3" requiring an aftermarket driveshaft replacement.

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Saw your videos on the Rubicon trail. Pretty cool. Question, after installing the 4" lift and taking it out on the trail, has there been any indication of driveshaft rub?

On the 4dr JL, the driveshaft would rub on a lift over 3" requiring an aftermarket driveshaft replacement.
No, no drive shaft problems at all.. I have been told by the lift company, they wanted to keep the kit around 4" because if they go over, then you have to start changing a bunch of things like Driveline, brake lines etc....

Rubicon trail is one of the hardest trails I know of in this area, and as you saw from the video, it did just fine... Soon we will complete that whole trail when we go with a group...

tires didn't rub either..

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
No, no drive shaft problems at all.. I have been told by the lift company, they wanted to keep the kit around 4" because if they go over, then you have to start changing a bunch of things like Driveline, brake lines etc....

Rubicon trail is one of the hardest trails I know of in this area, and as you saw from the video, it did just fine... Soon we will complete that whole trail when we go with a group...

tires didn't rub either..
Awesome. Based on your video and real world testing, I'm sold on the kit. Any clue on possible release date, pricing, and components of the kit? Lower control arms included?

OP
OP
Wizzard005

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. Based on your video and real world testing, I'm sold on the kit. Any clue on possible release date, pricing, and components of the kit? Lower control arms included?
our truck is back at their shop to be test fitted for the coils and the rest of the JT kit.. I will check with them tomorrow when we pick up the truck, also, wait for our next video on the lift before you decide... I will reply back soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.