Sponsored

Dodge Ram Longhorn

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
My friend just purchased one and wow it is a beautiful truck. I was always fascinated with luxury pickups and they never really made many of them or they never satisfied the hardcore truck fans but looks like the Longhorn is an amazing truck and hits all the notes...

Do any of you guys own one and care to share your thoughts?
Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
When I decided to get the LE I decided to take a step back and determine if I was "spending too much" for a Jeep. So I decided to research "what else can I get for close to the same amount" - and I landed on 3 sure options, in this order:

1. Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn
2. Ford F-150 Raptor
3. GMC Sierra 1500 Denali

I do feel that the Ram outdoes all those other trucks, hands down. Luxury and Utility. That 12-inch touchscreen!? Oh my...!!
If my wife had not been so against the idea of a pickup it would have been a difficult decision between the Ram and the Gladiator.

But, in the end, the Gladiator won. It's unique. It's what I've always wanted. You can take the roof and doors off. Even my wife loves it!
After all that research I have to admit, it was never really a contest - for me...

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Ok I'll admit it. I was off the forums for about a week because I got the "way too expensive " bug as well and convinced myself a power wagon or rebel would be a better match.... but.... I've got sentimental value in the gladiator even though I haven't yet to even test drive it. I've waited for this truck to come out, I've made countless forums and posts on this site and I ran back to the gladiator. Number one issue is the rebel and power wagon feels too large for me. My dad has a 2500 diesel and it's like a boat huge. Number two is the uniqueness of the gladiator that no ram can have and number 3 I've just always been attracted to Jeeps but dreamed of a pickup. My mind is set and there's no turning back except my fight between a Rubi or sport s max tow .

Timeless

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT CS
Just thought I would add to this thread.

I've never owned a Jeep product but drove a four door in Hawaii with the wife and a couple of friends last year. Super impressed and enjoyed taking the roof panels off.

Fast forward to current time and I find myself now with two large dogs (Borzoi and Greyhound) and the need for more storage so the sports car has to go and I figured the Jeep Gladiator would work. I've also owned a 2014 Dodge Ram Sport that I LOVED.

So I finally went out to a dealership that had three Gladiators in stock to see if it would fit my needs. I found myself wondering hard if the interior room and truck bed would be the right fit.

Went down the street to a Ram dealer and looked at a few 2019 Crew Cabs and found myself thinking everyone would be happier with this.

So I'm thinking Ram again maybe with the full panoramic roof to help mitigate the loss of the removable top. :)

I do have a 90 Miata for those perfect convertible days.