Not open for further replies.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I can't figure out what this panel/trim is called... The one that has the passenger air bag, assist and sos buttons.

It runs the width of the dashboard, and it's clearly removable... Before I hack at it with tools I want to see if anyone has removed it before on their JL. What I'm hoping for is that I can install the Genesis G-Screen inside that panel to the left of the buttons.

IMG_0771.JPG
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
AB150404-92B8-4FAF-AE3C-1648D14846EC.jpeg
I suspect that this may contain microphones for your hands free telephone. Just my best guess.

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AB150404-92B8-4FAF-AE3C-1648D14846EC.jpeg
I suspect that this may contain microphones for your hands free telephone. Just my best guess.
yea - I'm certain of that... there are wires in it for sure. the question is whether or not there is more room for stuff.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
yea - I'm certain of that... there are wires in it for sure. the question is whether or not there is more room for stuff.
Almost certainly room inside,m the days of sprawling electronic components died with the '80's.

See if you can find a body parts break down and the retention methods should appear in the illustrations. I'd probably just feel around it with a pick

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Almost certainly room inside,m the days of sprawling electronic components died with the '80's.

See if you can find a body parts break down and the retention methods should appear in the illustrations. I'd probably just feel around it with a pick
I spent an hour googling and searching the jl forums and couldnt find anything. I'm sure i'm using the wrong terms.

But yea, I'm basically going to start removing screws one of these days and see how it comes down.

One other thought I had was - even if there isn't room to put something else in that panel, I might have enough room to get a ram mount ball attached properly to hold an sPod touchscreen up there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's all press down clips. So a bit of force removes them. It's a good idea to remove the visors too if you plan to take down that whole panel.

This is a picture of the side directly to the left of the buttons. There's room there for sure.
I think the G screen will fit.
Directly above it is also the bracket that holds the freedom panel down. I'm very certain I could replace one of those bolts and put in something to hold a custom ball through that panel.
It's one or the other... decisions decisions...

IMG_0776.JPG

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
It's all press down clips. So a bit of force removes them. It's a good idea to remove the visors too if you plan to take down that whole panel.

This is a picture of the side directly to the left of the buttons. There's room there for sure.
I think the G screen will fit.
Directly above it is also the bracket that holds the freedom panel down. I'm very certain I could replace one of those bolts and put in something to hold a custom ball through that panel.
It's one or the other... decisions decisions...

IMG_0776.JPG
Good info, if you attach a ball mount to that bezel, reinforce the inside of the bezel with a small plate to distribute the load so it does not rip out around the hole.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.