Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I just drove my wife’s Jeep Grand Cherokee for the first time since I got the Gladiator.
I used to think that the throttle feel on the GC was decent, but after driving the gladiator with the idrive, the GC throttle is terrible!

That and I hate that the GC doesn’t have a dead pedal, I kept looking for it and hit the ebrake by mistake.
Sponsored

Racer5112

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Ford Falcon, 1980 Dodge Colt wagon, 2018 Dodge Journey
Vehicle Showcase
I am totally green with all of this.. Have you seen an increase in mpg with the iDrive? I don't do much if any trail driving so I'm not worried about the rock crawling part. Just curious how well this actually works. To throw in another wrench, I wonder how well it would work with the manual transmission...?

-Mike

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am totally green with all of this.. Have you seen an increase in mpg with the iDrive? I don't do much if any trail driving so I'm not worried about the rock crawling part. Just curious how well this actually works. To throw in another wrench, I wonder how well it would work with the manual transmission...?

-Mike
My guess is MPG will go down a bit... but I don't have any concrete numbers just yet.

It does work with the manual - there is a setting for it when you first set it up.

Take a look at their FAQs, they explain in some detail what the iDrive is actually doing: https://idrive-usa.com/pages/faqs

Racer5112

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Ford Falcon, 1980 Dodge Colt wagon, 2018 Dodge Journey
Vehicle Showcase
My guess is MPG will go down a bit... but I don't have any concrete numbers just yet.

It does work with the manual - there is a setting for it when you first set it up.

Take a look at their FAQs, they explain in some detail what the iDrive is actually doing: https://idrive-usa.com/pages/faqs
I am very curious if you put it in ECON mode if you will see better mpg. If not, I don't really see much of a benefit for myself. I can definitely see this as a great product for several folks though!

-Mike

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am very curious if you put it in ECON mode if you will see better mpg. If not, I don't really see much of a benefit for myself. I can definitely see this as a great product for several folks though!

-Mike
OH! I forgot about ECON mode :angel:

It is entirely plausible that one could get better MPG... at the expense of increased lag. Not for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is the install for the iDrive controller screen - does it dangle or do you stick it to the dash or do you plan to cut a hole in the lower dash to just mount it flush?
At the moment it’s dangling by the shifter lol
But it has a sticky back you peel off and stick somewhere. I wish they would give options for the wire to route from behind, but it sticks out the left side of it like a half inch.
I’m still deciding where I want it. I think I’m going to put it in the little space on the left of the steering column, to the right of the headlight knob. I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.