Sponsored

Rubberized dash peeling?

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Has anyone else experienced the rubberized portion of their dash starting to peel? I just took delivery yesterday. My fiance was resting her hand here on the dash while spinning the dial through the radio stations and the rubber portion of the dash started peeling. I thought it was a spec of dust and rubbed it with my hand and it started crumbling off. I hope I am the only one having this problem...

fo5xW6N.jpg
Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Has anyone else experienced the rubberized portion of their dash starting to peel? I just took delivery yesterday. My fiance was resting her hand here on the dash while spinning the dial through the radio stations and the rubber portion of the dash started peeling. I thought it was a spec of dust and rubbed it with my hand and it started crumbling off. I hope I am the only one having this problem...

fo5xW6N.jpg
I think a guy who called himself "Red" here on the forum complained of this problem. Can't be sure as he suddenly disappeared as did his posts.

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

PropWash

First Name
Nickolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep JKU
When I worked for an supplier of decorated injection molded parts to the auto industry we had lots of trouble with soft touch paint coming off due to certain lotions and cosmetics. That said, we replaced them under warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chance_P

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
When I worked for an supplier of decorated injection molded parts to the auto industry we had lots of trouble with soft touch paint coming off due to certain lotions and cosmetics. That said, we replaced them under warranty.
Good to know! I'm going to see if I can get it replaced. If not, looks like it will be getting vinyl wrap. I can't believe how fragile it is!

PropWash

First Name
Nickolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep JKU
Good to know! I'm going to see if I can get it replaced. If not, looks like it will be getting vinyl wrap. I can't believe how fragile it is!
Downside of more environmentally friendly paints ;/

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chance_P

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Stopped by the local dealer yesterday. Their service advisor took pictures of my dash and is sending them up the chain.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
If you are going to wrap it might as well go with leather my $0.02

OP
OP
Chance_P

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Piece was replaced today. The coating on the new piece is definitely thicker than on the original piece that peeled.