Sponsored

Overlanding comparison in Mojave: Gladiator vs Tacoma vs Colorado (Motortrend)

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
I guess for me these situations boil down to someone making a call on the feature that for them means a lot or not a lot. So I was just pointing out why I didn't go with the Bison, regardless of its better desert runner capabilities. I guess it just comes off kind of like the threads where people say to go with a full size truck because reason X, or go with a Raptor if you're spending $60k, They used their own personal metric for why they wouldn't get a Gladiator, when in fact that metric discounted features that those other trucks don't have.
Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I guess for me these situations boil down to someone making a call on the feature that for them means a lot or not a lot. So I was just pointing out why I didn't go with the Bison, regardless of its better desert runner capabilities. I guess it just comes off kind of like the threads where people say to go with a full size truck because reason X, or go with a Raptor if you're spending $60k, They used their own personal metric for why they wouldn't get a Gladiator, when in fact that metric discounted features that those other trucks don't have.
You are right, I would have paid $80k for this truck and have waited for it for 3 years... I know it doesn't make sense to a lot of ppl but you hit the nail on the head with personal metrics and differentiating features.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
I read it word for word and based upon my reading and their comments I call it at least a tie if not a win for the Glady.

"offset moguls"...NOT the domain of solid axle vehicles, but they mitigated it by doing the disconnect on the sway bar, problem solved, no credit given.

Suggest you pick up is an issue in which this appeared and see who advertised in it!!! Don't guess it was Jeep.

I have not driven all of that road, have wanted to, just not got around to it. The desert if a neat place I love going to the Death Valley area and have gone many times.

I have NEVER been to Death Valley that it did not rain!

Death Valley can get, cold and I mean COLD, bone-shaking cold.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I read it word for word and based upon my reading and their comments I call it at least a tie if not a win for the Glady.
The desert if a neat place I love going to the Death Valley area and have gone many times.

I have NEVER been to Death Valley that it did not rain!

Death Valley can get, cold and I mean COLD, bone-shaking cold.
You are absolutely right, I used to live in Los Angeles and have been to death valley and Joshua Tree a bunch of times and most people don't know that the desert while hot during the day gets insanely cold at night :surprised:. I am sure some of the meteorologists/geologists/biologists in the forum can give a scientific explanation of why heat doesn't get trapped in the desert.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I can totally see how people just starting out looking at these with no background would think that they are experts and also add weight to the decision in the article. I mean look at me. I've never owned a jeep anything. Before I got on this forum, I always heard they were terrible and read the same in consumer reports, etc. It wasn't until I started looking into it in depth that I decided to go with one. Most people don't do that much research. Which is fine considering how most just go from home to work and to the store and back. Thankfully, I'm not one of those people and i got on this forum and WHERE ARE MY PANTS!?
Sponsored