First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I can only speak for my Google Sheets version, but it's based on Excel. It's $995 for Active Safety by default, but if you have the LED lighting package then it drops the price to $895 (it says it in the red comment box in Excel, my version throws a message up in the box if you select Active Safety and adjusts the price automatically if you have LED lighting already selected.
Thank You! I also did some research, and found out that destination charge is taxable. Also, in most states, the down payment doesn't come off the taxable price of the vehicle. The excel sheet, when putting in a D.P, then lowers the tax amount by the sales tax percentage of that DP. The DP is an after tax deduction (at least according to my research!)
Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Thank You! I also did some research, and found out that destination charge is taxable. Also, in most states, the down payment doesn't come off the taxable price of the vehicle. The excel sheet, when putting in a D.P, then lowers the tax amount by the sales tax percentage of that DP. The DP is an after tax deduction (at least according to my research!)
So, to clarify... if I bought a $50k Gladiator and put down $25k I'd still be taxed on $50k?

Does your trade-in reduce the taxable amount?

Edit: In 42 out of 50 states, trade-in will reduce the taxable amount.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
So, to clarify... if I bought a $50k Gladiator and put down $25k I'd still be taxed on $50k?

Does your trade-in reduce the taxable amount?

Edit: In 42 out of 50 states, trade-in will reduce the taxable amount.
Both of those answers are correct. you would still be taxed on agreed total price, not counting D.P. so Yes, 50k

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Both of those answers are correct. you would still be taxed on agreed total price, not counting D.P. so Yes, 50k
Thanks for confirming. Updated my version to not remove the Down Payment from the taxable amount on all 4 sheets.

OP
OP
RTDNECO

RTDNECO

First Name
Artie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
@eternus

Excel is my preferred program. I update the document as announcements are made or if there is a good recommendation from the community.

Google Sheets is also a great spreadsheet, but to each their own.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
@eternus

Excel is my preferred program. I update the document as announcements are made or if there is a good recommendation from the community.

Google Sheets is also a great spreadsheet, but to each their own.
Yah I've long been a fan of Excel, but I actually worked AT Google for a while and grew much more enamored with having it all in the cloud. Currently, I don't even have Excel on my laptop at work (though that'll be remedied soon) so Sheets is my only option.

ePi231

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser
@RTDNECO

I signed up to this forum just to thank you and the other guys who make this forum great. I was looking to buy the gladiator and was under the impression that the best I could was MSRP. But I found this forum thru google and reading your thread made me realize that I can get a better deal. Thank you and everyone else who make this forum great. :)

ChipFernandez

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 97 Harley-Davidson Fatboy, 2019 Coleman BT200X
Edit 6.12.19: Shout-out to @eternus who created a Google Docs version of the spreadsheet (post #42) -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lNPLxHPGh_onZPcqoOjKGjXe0qJBNV8PGdqvKFb1xbE/edit?usp=sharing

Edit 5.10.19: Community based update! As always, let me know of any errors, suggestions, etc.
  • As discovered by @Trez23 the spreadsheets now include tax with 6% and 7% under invoice calculations.
  • As suggested by @BlckJT TWO (2) rows have been added for 'dealer fees' and 'other costs.'
  • As recommended by @JwadsRenegade the spreadsheets now only require an X input into corresponding cells.

Edit 4.23.19: Added a finance/monthly payment calculator to the bottom of each sheet.

Edit 4.9.19: Added 6% and 7% off invoice. The FOUR (4) trims are on separate sheets.

Edit 4.9.19: Formatting.

Edit 4.8.19: Updated spreadsheet with invoice pricing provided by @Travis@TriCityJeep

Edit 3.30.19: This is an update to my 'SWAG Gladiator Pricing' worksheet I posted in February. Invoice pricing is still a guess at this point.

As with the first version, feel free to edit as you see fit. The estimated invoice is a basic calculation which you can adjust with a new formula percentage. Let me know if you find any errors or pricing issues and I'll re-upload to this first post.

Enjoy!
I want to thank you for putting this invoice pricing spreadsheet together! I was incredibly prepared to buy my Gladiator and could easily negotiate below invoice pricing with confidence at a dealership in FL. This enabled me to work the tires, lift, bumper and all installation into the deal easily.
Thanks again!
Chip
Loaded Rubicon with every option but painted top, advanced safety and enhanced cruise control package.
+2" Mopar lift on 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers

Jeepfreak

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I'm lucky in one sense..
There is no personal property taxes here in New York State.. vehicles and jewelry aren't taxed.

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
I priced a Rubicon on jeep.com with the Dual Top Group (AEN) and Body Color 3-piece hard top (HT3). The Excel sheet has MSRP/Invoice for HT3 at $2,295/$2,043, but jeep.com with this configuration has it priced at $1,100 MSRP. Not sure if that's a mistake in the sheet or a mistake in the way I'm looking at the options. How can I determine what the invoice price might be for that option if MSRP is $1,100? <edit>Disregard, I found the prices in the other sticky for the ordering guide. Invoice for HT3 with AEN is $979</edit>

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I priced a Rubicon on jeep.com with the Dual Top Group (AEN) and Body Color 3-piece hard top (HT3). The Excel sheet has MSRP/Invoice for HT3 at $2,295/$2,043, but jeep.com with this configuration has it priced at $1,100 MSRP. Not sure if that's a mistake in the sheet or a mistake in the way I'm looking at the options. How can I determine what the invoice price might be for that option if MSRP is $1,100? <edit>Disregard, I found the prices in the other sticky for the ordering guide. Invoice for HT3 with AEN is $979</edit>
Thanks for the heads up, I've updated my Google Sheets version with the adjustment based on selection.

Archi-John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Architecture
Quick question, I just got a dealer to agree to cost plus 100 the price listed for the sport s is 32972 in the quote, is that right or am I missing something? It is slightly under the 7% under invoice base price listed in the spreadsheet. He is giving me the HB back and adding 100$. Options are at cost and final price as optioned comes to 42,320. I feel like I am missing something but wanted to check in to see what the group thinks. Thanks for the help.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Quick question, I just got a dealer to agree to cost plus 100 the price listed for the sport s is 32972 in the quote, is that right or am I missing something? It is slightly under the 7% under invoice base price listed in the spreadsheet. He is giving me the HB back and adding 100$. Options are at cost and final price as optioned comes to 42,320. I feel like I am missing something but wanted to check in to see what the group thinks. Thanks for the help.
Base price for a Sport (not S) is 7% under invoice $30,663.96. That's before the $1500 destination fee or any taxes. If you get 7% invoice on a Sport (not S) with literally NO options then the best you could get out is around $32,100 + tax.

If you're looking at the Sport S you're gonna see at 7% under invoice $33,312.60, again plus $1500 and tax. Best case with no options on a Sport S invoice will be around $34,800 + tax.

No options here means; stick shift, soft top, no convenience package, or towing. For that money, I'd make sure it's not the Sport and if he's somehow waiving the destination charge. From what everyone has posted, I've yet to see that destination charge be waived. Can you get a picture of the sticker for the Gladiator?

Archi-John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Architecture
That price is a sport s. options are 7” radio, convienience, automatic(switching to manual), max tow(which isn’t an option on the manual so the price is coming down), cargo mgmt,aux switch group, hard top, and includes destination fee. I have a build sheet showing the price I just wanted to confirm the math. I think I am getting a good deal, just wanted to check with y’all to see if it really is. thanks

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
If you get it below MSRP then you got a deal.
If you get it at invoice you got a good deal.
If you get it below invoice then you got a great deal, the further down the better the deal.

Beyond that, don't compare yourself to everyone else... just buy it and love it. (c:
Sponsored