Sponsored

Recalibrating tire pressure sensor warning for lower PSI on 35s

JQ11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Switched to 35s at purchase and had the dealer do the speedo calibration but recently settled on a PSI of 30 which seems to ride better but obviously triggers the low PSI for stock tires saying it needs to be increased to 37. Are there reprogram tools to change the minimum and/or can dealerships do this? I think AEVs one for the JK did this but their JL one does not. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Switched to 35s at purchase and had the dealer do the speedo calibration but recently settled on a PSI of 30 which seems to ride better but obviously triggers the low PSI for stock tires saying it needs to be increased to 37. Are there reprogram tools to change the minimum and/or can dealerships do this? I think AEVs one for the JK did this but their JL one does not. Thanks in advance!
The setting resides in the software and it can be changed by going into the ECM and inputting a new number...but this only applies to the direct reading TPMS systems, these actually measure the psi, the other "indirect" systems use the anti-lock braking system that measures wheel speed. Tires with low psi have a different wheel speed that properly inflated tires, not sure who uses what anymore, but if you have the direct read you generally have a 4 wheel display that shows the psi at each tire. The indirect system only displays a low tire inflation warning light!

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
could you post a link? Im about to mount my 35's

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Should have ordered the Tazer instead of handing the dealership money. The Tazer will do everything, and as many times as you want. :)

MPFit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500
Should have ordered the Tazer instead of handing the dealership money. The Tazer will do everything, and as many times as you want. :)
How much did dealership charge out of curiosity?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Im holding out hope that my Superchips tuner will work. I had to order the bypass, same as the one the tazer uses, and their customer service said its as simple as un vin-locking my current tuner then pairing it to the JT. Im hoping it works.
Sponsored