Sponsored

New Daystar 2” Spacer lift

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Daystar has a new 2” spacer lift with shock extensions, sway bar links, front lower control arms. This reuses factory coils and shocks.

This is exactly what I have in mind to retain the factory Rubicon suspension and not spend $1500 on Mopar 2”.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/daystar/2-spacer-lift-kit-jeep-gladiator-jt
Thoughts on quality?
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have no reservation the items themselves are quality made. The issue is if it still will be the normal compromise in ride quality that about all spacer lifts bring?

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
6E1A6031-376C-4DC5-8F55-8B98861E9D32.jpeg
66CA024D-951A-45F0-BE48-CC027DEBF608.jpeg
I have the Alloy USA 1 1/2” level kit & it didn’t make any difference in ride at all , 2” would be the stopping point if you want to keep the ride Daystar also includes lower control arms which addresses the axle castor and corrects it. Then the rear is only 1” spacers which shouldn’t make a ride difference. So today i installed a 0-2” fox shocks for the front & removed the shock extension & rear factory fox shocks. Changing to these shocks made a huge difference i have the Overland & on the freeway the rear would bounce a little on dips. Those shocks stopped it .

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'm running the Daystar 2" kit in the front, BUT I used the Daystar 0.75" kit in the rear. This actually makes the truck sit perfectly, with only 0.5" of rake. This is ideal for towing/hauling while still looking visually level to the naked eye.

Quality is great, the shock extensions are much beefier than the ones in the Rough Country kit, and the poly spacers are more quiet and ride slightly better than the steel spacers in the Rough Country kit. I'm very happy with it.

Keep in mind that Daystar does things a little differently. They intend for you to NOT reuse the factory isolators. So if you do reuse them you actually get 0.5" more lift in the front than advertised which is what I did.

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I saw your YouTube video about this lift think I'm gonna run it when I get my 35's and copy your setup as it looks great! If you didn't use the factory isolators which did you use? Does daystar provide some? If by any chance you could provide me some links or part numbers that would be greatly appreciated!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I saw your YouTube video about this lift think I'm gonna run it when I get my 35's and copy your setup as it looks great! If you didn't use the factory isolators which did you use? Does daystar provide some? If by any chance you could provide me some links or part numbers that would be greatly appreciated!
The Daystar spacers are intended to replace the factory insulators. What I'm saying is I reused my factory ones plus the Daystar ones. I didn't realize this until after the fact and it resulted in me getting a 1/2 inch more lift than the kit intended. It's fine though. I like it.

Phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
So today i installed a 0-2” fox shocks for the front & removed the shock extension & rear factory fox shocks. Changing to these shocks made a huge difference i have the Overland & on the freeway the rear would bounce a little on dips. Those shocks stopped it .
Do you mind sharing the model number of the fox shocks you installed? Do you have pics?

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator New Daystar 2” Spacer lift {filename}
Do you mind sharing the model number of the fox shocks you installed? Do you have pics?
Ok i ordered 0-1 1/2” that works great it’s for JL but works out good, my rear is stock JT Rubicon take offs.

bcunning82

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bright White
I have seen varying information on the height of the rear spaces for the Daystar 2" kit. Is it 1" in the rear, and what have people seen as far as how close to level it sets with the rear installed?

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I installed the 1.5 daystar in the front only.....and it looks to sit perfectly level and I measured from the bottom of the fender.....and it was dead even front and rear....I think the rear is to keep the factory rake as some mentioned. I may have measured wrong but it looks good to me....I may add the rear later when I plan to tow more

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I have seen varying information on the height of the rear spaces for the Daystar 2" kit. Is it 1" in the rear, and what have people seen as far as how close to level it sets with the rear installed?
My kit arrived with .75” rear spacers, and some unadvertised 2” rear shock spacers. Two days later, a set of 1.5” spacers arrived in the mail. I don’t know if the first set was an error they realized, or what.
Sponsored