Sponsored

who is getting the bluetooth speaker?

are you interested in the bluetooth speaker?

• Total voters

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE 2018 JLUR
I paired mine to another iPhone tonight.

Powered it on, it made the startup sound and you can see a small blue led illuminated inside the speaker.

Pushed the Bluetooth labeled button next to the power button until it made the audible. Paired to the Jeep Speaker Icon immediately.

The Bluetooth button doesn’t look like a button. It is a raised square with a Bluetooth emblem.

I wish you guys luck.
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Having the same issue....not able to pair. I hear a sound when I power on the speaker but thats it. Waiting to hear back from the dealer if this is a issue that needs to be resolved by replacing the speaker. This sucks.
OH ? OH ! Sorry to hear that . . . I was completely being silly in my response . :clap:

GLADI8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I am guessing that gets us pretty close. There must be some sort of two-piece dock system that goes below that plug system. 1. Dock, 2. Speaker itself. Anyone have photos on the speaker system without the speaker in the way?
I picked up my Alpine BT speaker at dealer today and it doesn't quite fit in the storage area. I saw your pic with cover removed and now remember the dealer asking if I needed the charging cradle and tray and I said "no". The correct answer was yes because its apparent now that you have to remove the two screw covers, replace the entire plastic tray and then plug in power harness and insert new tray equipped with charging ports. I would love to see a picture of a factory equipped BT tray without speaker.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I picked up my Alpine BT speaker at dealer today and it doesn't quite fit in the storage area. I saw your pic with cover removed and now remember the dealer asking if I needed the charging cradle and tray and I said "no". The correct answer was yes because its apparent now that you have to remove the two screw covers, replace the entire plastic tray and then plug in power harness and insert new tray equipped with charging ports. I would love to see a picture of a factory equipped BT tray without speaker.
Same here. We may be able to find a speaker for it (I think it is a Bose) but we would need to purchase the charging cradle. Not sure MOPAR has it out yet as a replacement part.

GLADI8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Same here. We may be able to find a speaker for it (I think it is a Bose) but we would need to purchase the charging cradle. Not sure MOPAR has it out yet as a replacement part.

Sponsored

GLADI8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
You are correct in that it is not available and is currently back-ordered while the "part is being sourced with manufacturer" so whoever makes the cradle for Jeep hasn't made them available.

GLADI8R

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Also, the charging cradle is $450 range and I think I got it for 15% off. The Alpine Jeep bluetooth speaker was $350 range and I got it for $290's with coupon from Mopar. I will have nearly $750 in this setup and its a $295 option from Jeep.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Also, the charging cradle is $450 range and I think I got it for 15% off. The Alpine Jeep bluetooth speaker was $350 range and I got it for $290's with coupon from Mopar. I will have nearly $750 in this setup and its a $295 option from Jeep.
That is crazy! MOPAR will have to make this cheaper in the future.

Kelroundell

First Name
Kel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (white) 2012 Buick Enclave
One question I had on the Bluetooth speaker is answered in the Jeep Configuration screen.

It does have USB ports so it will act as a USB charger. Since no pictures had shown the USB ports I thought that it was a major mis-step. Wrong it has them.

Looks like comes standard with the Alpine Audio System.
I figured if the system is Alpine they’re not going to throw in a crappy speaker. I ordered it in the Overland that’s in transit.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I figured if the system is Alpine they’re not going to throw in a crappy speaker. I ordered it in the Overland that’s in transit.
FCA will put in the cheapest speaker they think they can get away with.

Sponsored

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
FCA will put in the cheapest speaker they think they can get away with.
The Alpine Bluetooth speaker rocks compared to the Marshall I have (which is pretty loud)
We just got a new Jeep speaker on warranty as the one that came with truck wouldn’t pair.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Sadly, I'm joining the ranks of those whose Bluetooth speaker did not work. The service department ordered a new one, which is apparently back-ordered for 5 months! Apparently a ton of buyers are having this issue.

Not really a big deal in terms of my overall satisfaction with the truck. But FCA should be able to do better than that.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
UPDATE:

After initially being told by the service dept that replacement speakers was back ordered for 5 months, I called my salesman to see if he could perhaps arrange a swap from another vehicle. Turns out they're VIN coded, so a new one has to be ordered from the manufacturer and processed as a warranty claim. Not sure what the salesman did, but after placing a follow up call yesterday, I learned my replacement speaker was in after just one week, and this one actually works!

Sound quality isn't quite as good as my Bose speaker, but it's still very good. Bass is a little lacking, but midrange and high responses are good. Stays clear throughout the volume range.

I have to say, the guys at my dealer were really clueless about the speaker, although they were really eager to help. My salesman didn't even know about it, I showed him where it was in the truck. One guy tried to tell me the truck has to be on for the speaker to work, that didn't even make any sense and is not correct of course.
Several dealership employees tried and failed to pair their devices with the original speaker. Then we grabbed one from another truck which paired right away, so we knew it was a defective speaker. After all of that the service department then tried to tell me I'd have to leave the truck overnight while they did an "analysis" of the problem (least they offered a loaner...). Finally, we were able to convince them to just place an order for a new damn speaker.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
UPDATE:

After initially being told by the service dept that replacement speakers was back ordered for 5 months, I called my salesman to see if he could perhaps arrange a swap from another vehicle. Turns out they're VIN coded, so a new one has to be ordered from the manufacturer and processed as a warranty claim. Not sure what the salesman did, but after placing a follow up call yesterday, I learned my replacement speaker was in after just one week, and this one actually works!

Sound quality isn't quite as good as my Bose speaker, but it's still very good. Bass is a little lacking, but midrange and high responses are good. Stays clear throughout the volume range.

I have to say, the guys at my dealer were really clueless about the speaker, although they were really eager to help. My salesman didn't even know about it, I showed him where it was in the truck. One guy tried to tell me the truck has to be on for the speaker to work, that didn't even make any sense and is not correct of course.
Several dealership employees tried and failed to pair their devices with the original speaker. Then we grabbed one from another truck which paired right away, so we knew it was a defective speaker. After all of that the service department then tried to tell me I'd have to leave the truck overnight while they did an "analysis" of the problem (least they offered a loaner...). Finally, we were able to convince them to just place an order for a new damn speaker.
This makes me nervous. I originally opted for no speaker but last minute had it added on (if I’m gonna spend this kind of money, 300 bucks extra won’t kill me and I won’t have FOMO).

I’m really hoping this doesn’t delay my build. I gave myself 14 weeks of time before I either need to extend my existing lease or trade in and rent. Hoping it’s not a dreaded “parts shortage”

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
So I ordered the speaker because I'm a tech nerd. And I love music. This was the first weekend after picking up the Gladiator and we have already used it twice.
1. Went to the beach and forgot the Fugoo. Jeep speaker to the rescue! It was super loud and clear. Loved it.
2. Later on, bought Endgame (on our Apple TV) to watch with the family in the condo rental. The TV didn't have a sound bar. Sounded like poopoo in a coffee can. Jeep speaker to the rescue! Worked perfectly and made the movie experience in the room enjoyable.
Sponsored