Sponsored

Anyone tried the Mopar Sun Bonnet 82215620?

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
@Pat2Alaska how's the noise with the Sunrider open?
As you would expect it is dependent on the wind speed and direction. I've had soft tops on my TJ and JK but never a sunrider (both hard and soft on JK). With the door windows down, you'll need to crank the stereo to the 20s, but with the windows up, teens are good!! My opinion is the noise is minimal when compared to the enjoyment I'm getting from having it open!!
Sponsored

JT_Chief

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
How in the heck did you get the front A pillar clips on?

650E6E5B-A754-4F6A-9709-F866ADAF5A02.jpeg
Did you ever figure out how to get the clips on? I’ve wasted 2 hours. Last ditch effort is to sit it in the sun straddling a ladder while I’m at work tomorrow. 20lbs weights on each end should do. Hopefully I come back to a stretched but not torn sun bonnet!

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thesonsoflibertyband.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Gladiator Rubicon, Indian Spingfield
Occupation
Musician, Producer
nc_oc=AQlBSeao3Y0eiSaNQsZKcoQuQiHCT_NM5j2rji-JG1oeB83PVRvdkhgGsH6P6begjMY&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

That mopar top looks similar to the Bestop one I had on my JK. I like the Bestop one because it was made from the same material as the full soft tops. ALSO, as you can see in this picture, when I wasn't using it, I rolled it up and used a couple bungees to hold it in place right behind the top of the windshield. This setup was perfect for me in the warmer months, I'm hoping for this type of top for the Gladiator.

Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
nc_oc=AQlBSeao3Y0eiSaNQsZKcoQuQiHCT_NM5j2rji-JG1oeB83PVRvdkhgGsH6P6begjMY&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

That mopar top looks similar to the Bestop one I had on my JK. I like the Bestop one because it was made from the same material as the full soft tops. ALSO, as you can see in this picture, when I wasn't using it, I rolled it up and used a couple bungees to hold it in place right behind the top of the windshield. This setup was perfect for me in the warmer months, I'm hoping for this type of top for the Gladiator.
Just so you're aware, this top is actually made of vinyl, not the soft top material. So if you're looking for something like that, this isn't it.

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thesonsoflibertyband.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Gladiator Rubicon, Indian Spingfield
Occupation
Musician, Producer
Just so you're aware, this top is actually made of vinyl, not the soft top material. So if you're looking for something like that, this isn't it.
Thanks. Yeah, so far, that looks like the only option for the JT right now for a bikini style rain cover.

Sponsored

cfenoglio

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2dr Rubicon, 2017 4dr rubicon, ordered a 2018JL 2dr rubicon
Did anyone answer, can the hard top be installed over the shade without removing it.

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Did anyone answer, can the hard top be installed over the shade without removing it.
No. Maybe with the top rolled up towards the front, but not fully installed.

JT_Chief

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
No. Maybe with the top rolled up towards the front, but not fully installed.
Honestly, unless the top stretches a a little more, I can't see it being a spontaneous decision. Technically, the front unzips and the rest just has to be rolled back far enough for the freedom top latches to be accessible at the crossbar, but in practice, the front requires so much tension to get clipped-in that the zipper binds on itself unless you get an extra pair of hands to pull the unzipped section tight while you begin the zip from the other end. Hope that makes sense... and hopefully the issue becomes moot if things stretch after a week or so of me leaving it on (no luck yet).

Webleyaz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, TJ
I drove from Reno to Monterey with the sun bonnet and the doors on. Past 55 mph it's very flappy. Enough that one of the rear straps kept unsnapping. The 2 pockets sewn on it to hold it to the freedom top inner rear latch tabs are too far forward and don't stay on the tabs. I, too, cannot attach the front hook straps. They're a couple of inches too short. AL in all it basically does the job but seems more like a cheap aftermarket piece than a factory accessory.
Oh, and every drop of water than lands on it will pour perfectly onto your left leg. Possibly even if you are sitting in a different car. It's that efficient.

pughboy2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Agree on front straps. No chance they’re gonna reach the trim part they’re supposed to “hook” around. I couldn’t even get one on
Sponsored