Sponsored

How many Launch Editions have been delivered? How many more yet to be built?

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Simple...I can't get what I want off the lot. If I wanted to settle without options I wanted, or for a color I don't want, then I guess I could buy one off the lot. Or I could place an order for a custom build with everything I want (except I would get stuck with the f-ugly red dash), and would still be in line behind the LEs.

Now, once Jeep figures out how to run the paint machines with Granite Crystal Metallic (even though they have been building Wranglers and RAMs in that color for years, so really don't understand why they are having all of these problems on the JT), I'll be in business.
:fist bump: Reckon I’ll second that opinion with a great big GCMJTLE... YEP!
Stay strong, stay Zen, :muscle::please:;{
Sponsored

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
I know of one Very Very Unhappy Life-long Jeep Fan-Boy and and his wife Cindy of Carson City, NV. who have a certain "Way-of-Life" (hint) that evolves around JEEPs, especially Wrangler's AND has been Impatiently waiting on their JT LE (WHITE) for 3 MONTHS and as of today - no sign or notification as to when (should be asking "IF"?) to expect IT ! ? I find this very troubling myself, especially after he hinted that they were going to Originally order a White SPORT S so they can do what they usually do - mood the heck out of it ! I just don't know why folks in similar Limbo just don't cancel and order a non LE and get it SOONER or get one off a dealer lot, No Wait ! :swear: :headbang:
This actually helps answer my original question at the beginning of this thread... I was sort of figuring most of the non late avail colored LE’s were close to being built & delivered. If those-who-shall-remain-nameless in Carson City still haven’t received their White one... (as I recall, White LE’s were scheduled early on in the run)... then I reckon FCA is further behind than I’d hoped! I’ve seen other White LE’s already delivered, my own dealer got one in, ordered by another 4/4/19 alum! Called me in to see it! I was pleasantly surprised and impressed!
It’s also apparent dealerships ordered a larger chunk of the 4190 than anyone expected. So, any way you cut it... they’ve got to be dwindling down the order list to the final few remaining, holy grails of Jeepdom... the mysteriously elusive, and mystically unattainable, truly mythical Unicorn... the Granite Crystal Metallic JT LE! ;{

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I'm not an LE guy, but when they announced 4/4 order day and 4190 LE's would be built, I assumed they would be the first Gladiators built...If I was an LE order, I would be ticked if I didn't have mine yet...it is BS. I ordered my Rubicon MT on 4/22 and still stuck in D status and that is ticking me off.

wch_Chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I just picked a white one up from a local dealer. The person who ordered it backed out after it was built. I'm rather happy they did.

BillyBob

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Rubicon, 14 Sahara, 76 CJ-7,
Anyone know where things stand in the Launch Edition delivery debacle?
I’m currently in Granite Crystal Metallic purgatory... wondered if anyone had an estimate of how many LE’s have already been built and delivered, so we could better judge how many more (along with our late avail GCM’s) still need to be built! ;{
I too am awaiting even a word about my Granite Crystal LE. Can't get even a VIN or confirmation! I have tried everything!!!!!

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
One thing I thought I'd make a note of. Went to a local dealer Sunday to drive their JT Rubi while I (continue) to wait for my Granite LE. I humored the sales guy and let him pull up the inventory he has coming in (told him I didn't like the build & color of the one on the lot). He showed me the screen of ~20 or so vehicles on order. Maybe 5-6 were 24Z (LE package), but only one of those had a name assigned to it. There were several other non-LE custom orders with the buyers last name next to them. Sure seemed to indicate that those LEs were never ordered by a person/company but were dealer orders and/or allotments.

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
One thing I thought I'd make a note of. Went to a local dealer Sunday to drive their JT Rubi while I (continue) to wait for my Granite LE. I humored the sales guy and let him pull up the inventory he has coming in (told him I didn't like the build & color of the one on the lot). He showed me the screen of ~20 or so vehicles on order. Maybe 5-6 were 24Z (LE package), but only one of those had a name assigned to it. There were several other non-LE custom orders with the buyers last name next to them. Sure seemed to indicate that those LEs were never ordered by a person/company but were dealer orders and/or allotments.
I think there’s no doubt, now, that dealerships ordered far more LE’s than I would have imagined... reckon they saw a demand there! I’ve seen a lot of dealer mark ups (some $20, 25, thousand) for loaded Rubis... but haven’t seen any LE’s for more than MSRP yet... wonder if there was some sort of stipulation for dealer LE purchases? ;{

John8010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, GMC Yukon Denali XL,
Anyone know where things stand in the Launch Edition delivery debacle?
I’m currently in Granite Crystal Metallic purgatory... wondered if anyone had an estimate of how many LE’s have already been built and delivered, so we could better judge how many more (along with our late avail GCM’s) still need to be built! ;{
Picked mine up today. Unbelievably beautiful I love it!

IMG_4730 (002).jpeg

gladiator.jpg

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hey... all survivors of the GCM JTLE saga who want to keep in touch... after all we are a small exclusive subset (GCM’ers) of an already small, exclusive, Family, (JTLE’ers)... and as most of us won’t be “tracking” our JTLEs anymore on the infamous “First Granite Crystal VIN# Post here!” thread... I’m starting a new thread to keep in touch!

The GCM-JTLE-OMC...

Granite Crystal Metallic-
JT Launch Edition-
Original Motor Club

I figure we can all post Pics, (whenever mine finally shows up!), Builds, Mods, our continuing GCMJTLE adventure sagas, and who knows... maybe even “meetups” eventually!

(Let each other know who’s gonna be at “Jeep Jamboree”, “JL/JT X”, “Moab Easter Safari”, “Ultimate Adventure”, or “Overland East or West”!)

Since we’ve all been in the trenches, trying to escape our detention in “Stalag LE”... I reckon we’re sort brothers and sisters in arms! Scarred, and battle-weary as we may be... I’ve kinda grown a little fond of y’all... so meet me round the corner in the General Discussions, GCM-JTLE-OMC thread... post your pics of your GCM babies, before, after, during, their builds... and any other sarcastic opening comments... and who knows... maybe a few years from now it’ll become an actual MotorClub! ❤ :turkey:;{
Sponsored

Last edited: