Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So what route are you going with the rear? Daystar 1.5 front with bump extenders, with a 3/4” spacer in rear with bump hardware also?
I can't wait for that video. I've subscribed and watched all of your Gladiator videos. Actually, almost all of your JL videos as well. Thanks for contributing to our community. You are an immense help to people like me.

BTW, Speaking of cost, do you think there is enough room/space on your Sport S to fit a 16" wheel? Found some steelie looking wheels and I want to get the 16" version to save money on tires - 315 x 75 x r16. https://fifteen52.com/products/analog-hd-slate-grey?variant=15113774104642
Thank you. The video should be posted on my YouTube channel later tonight.

I do not think a 16" wheel would fit...especially if you have Max Tow or Rubicon because the brakes are huge on this truck.

I'm going to do a Daystar 0.75" spacer in the rear to give me just a tiny bit of rake for hauling a towing. Unfortunately those are on backorder.
Sponsored

O|||||O

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I can't wait for that video. I've subscribed and watched all of your Gladiator videos. Actually, almost all of your JL videos as well. Thanks for contributing to our community. You are an immense help to people like me.

BTW, Speaking of cost, do you think there is enough room/space on your Sport S to fit a 16" wheel? Found some steelie looking wheels and I want to get the 16" version to save money on tires - 315 x 75 x r16. https://fifteen52.com/products/analog-hd-slate-grey?variant=15113774104642
I hate to burst your bubble, but it doesn't look like the 16's are available in the 5x5 bolt pattern for our Gladiators. Also, from what I've heard 16's likely won't fit with the front brakes, although I can't say 100%.

CC2

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport s Max tow
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes. Just got 35x10.5x17 from UPS. The are not looking to be an easy fit. I have rhino York wheels. 17x8.0. +30mm or 5” backspace. How bad will it rub. Any one have these exact wheel specs ? Do you trim a front air dam. Or did I understand you take it off

CC2

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport s Max tow
Vehicle Showcase
It does have the wider axles. (Max tow)

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Yikes. Just got 35x10.5x17 from UPS. The are not looking to be an easy fit. I have rhino York wheels. 17x8.0. +30mm or 5” backspace. How bad will it rub. Any one have these exact wheel specs ? Do you trim a front air dam. Or did I understand you take it off
Stock wheels are 7.5in wide and +44.5mm offset so you will be fine. The half inch gained in width translates to a quarter inch on each side and since you have 14.5mm less offset, you're pushing the wheel out over half an inch.

Honestly that's pretty damn close to my dream wheel spec but those just aren't for me.

Sponsored

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I couldn't see how 35's would fit on the stock suspension if you go offroad at all. So I went with 255-80/17 (33.1"). Would still almost hit the bottomof the fender on a creek crossing in one area I hunt, so did a Rancho Level It kit (shocks/springs instead of spacers). Love the way it rides and no more worries of burying the tire into the fender. GOing to throw a Daystar spacer in the rear as I tow a 12' trailer with a side by side on it and it gets a little reverse rake going.
Jeep Gladiator 35s on sport with no lift Annotation (22)

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I couldn't see how 35's would fit on the stock suspension if you go offroad at all. So I went with 255-80/17 (33.1"). Would still almost hit the bottomof the fender on a creek crossing in one area I hunt, so did a Rancho Level It kit (shocks/springs instead of spacers). Love the way it rides and no more worries of burying the tire into the fender. GOing to throw a Daystar spacer in the rear as I tow a 12' trailer with a side by side on it and it gets a little reverse rake going.
Jeep Gladiator 35s on sport with no lift Annotation (22)
what wheels are you running? I love the simple oval holes.