Sponsored

Any luck with Prodigy Turbo?

smess

I have a friend that had a Prodigy turbo and could never get it to run right. There were exhaust leaks and set up problems but even after that was all sorted out the tune was never right.

Has anyone had any first hand experience with the Prodigy product installed and working perfect?

My Hemi guy said that he has sold a few take out 3.6's to Prodigy customers that blew motors. He thought the reason was the inability to get the amount of fuel dumped properly because it is hard to break in to the ecm and make the proper adjustments which I guess in English means to get it tuned properly.

I have ridden in the Jeep that could not get the Prodigy turbo right and on hard acceleration it seemed ok but mild acceleration or downshift the motor would cough and hiccup and just plain not deliver a smooth acceleration.

I would love a turbo kit as an option but if it runs like the one I rode in I would be furious and wish I went Hemi. From what my friend said it was due to the tune and vacuum problems if I remember correctly.

He gave the original installers the chance to make it right and I know Prodigy was involved in trying to make it right also.

He finally sold the Jeep and prayed on the test drive that it would behave decent enough to not kill the sale.

Any help would be appreciated because I want to keep my launch but will be forced to do a diesel or Hemi if the turbo or charger can't be perfected.
Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
Look into Ripp superchargers

eddybarba

First Name
eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Demon Motor Swap,2018 JLUR RIPP S/C, 2015 JKUR 392 swap w RIPP S/C, 2020 Porsche Macan S, 2017 F250 6.7, 2016 Nissan GTR
Vehicle Showcase
Look into Ripp superchargers
Ripp still isn't out to market, should be a few more months.

As far as prodigy, just look up lite brite on youtube. They blew their engine on their JL, swapping a 6.4 now

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
FB_IMG_1561761847740.jpg

I'll just leave this here.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
Just say no man. They screwed the pooch on that one.

Well, unless you’re looking for an excuse to buy a HEMI. Then I say go for it.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
also look at Exodus jeeps they were treated like actual trash calling them names and also blaming them as well wich is really stupid
Sponsored