Yakima Overhaul HD w/ CVT Tent

baylor

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon - White
I’d like to start with a big thanks to everyone here as I probably wouldn’t have found the Yakima HD racks without Roo and others.

Here’s the Overhaul rack at its lowest height setting. It’s the perfect height as it clears the back glass and allows full visibility. Plus, with my RTT I can walk underneath it (I’m 5’ 11”)

Having come from an SUV I’ve found this rack to be excellent as I can stand on the tire and hold on the the “legs” of the rack to tie down the tent.

The install was more demanding than I expected and until I tightened the cross bars was pretty flimsy. As soon as I got the cross bars fitted it became rock solid.

I went with the 60” bars as it is only a few inches wider than the top of the cab on both sides. This was a choice I struggled with but ultimately am happy with. Having the extra width gives me the option of adding an awning which I’m exited about.

Finally, ignoring the fact that the side of the rack looks funny since it’s open, it’s super handy to push boxes and other storage with plenty of room to spare.

860C485F-0C1B-4E5D-8C50-1E434D079A31.png

75EF523E-40CE-4D5D-90C7-FFB8ABCA2B16.jpeg

327F307A-8CA9-4CD0-A731-0800F962B7A1.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
baylor

baylor

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome!
That rack and rtt are not at all as interesting as what appears to be a unicycle with an MTB tire resting on your tailgate... please explain :)
Ha, a few years ago I thought it would be fun to learn to ride a unicycle simply for the challenge of learning. As soon as I could ride a few dozen feet I immediately tried riding "offroad" and fell in love with the sport. It's not the most efficient method for getting through the woods, but it sure is a lot of fun.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
I’d like to start with a big thanks to everyone here as I probably wouldn’t have found the Yakima HD racks without Roo and others.

Here’s the Overhaul rack at its lowest height setting. It’s the perfect height as it clears the back glass and allows full visibility.

860C485F-0C1B-4E5D-8C50-1E434D079A31.png
Can't tell from your pic....do you have the rail system also? Wondering if this can be mounted with the rails.....

OP
OP
baylor

baylor

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't tell from your pic....do you have the rail system also? Wondering if this can be mounted with the rails.....
I removed the rails before everything arrived to simplify the install but I would be surprised if the “c clamp” brackets would fit.

There was a post on this forum where someone used the Tacoma rail mount accessory with minimal modifications.

OP
OP
baylor

baylor

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I made a video with this rack and some footage of me opening and closing it.

Sponsored