Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Hey all. My plan is to keep the center of gravity low on this build, so I'm trying to feel out what the lowest possible lift to fit 37s and still wheel pretty hard would be.

I'm thinking a 2.5" suspension lift with the American Adventure Labs fender chop (or something similar) might be enough with the right backspacing, but I'm looking for some real-world experience and second opinions.

JT is a Sport S w/ Max Tow (wide axles and two-part fenders) and the wheels have -12 offset.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Can you confirm the Max Tow packaged Sport S' fenders can separate into two pieces like the fenders equipped on the Overlands and Rubicons?

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Can you confirm the Max Tow packaged Sport S' fenders can separate into two pieces like the fenders equipped on the Overlands and Rubicons?
And are they raised “high” fenders? If not, those fender chop kits might not fit. I the are, I don’t think you even need that much lift to fit 37’s. There’s JL Rubicon owners running 40” tires with the Mopar lift and “chopped” fenders (front and rear).

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
I'm currently traveling, but will poke around this weekend and see how easy/difficult it might be.

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
And are they raised “high” fenders? If not, those fender chop kits might not fit. I the are, I don’t think you even need that much lift to fit 37’s. There’s JL Rubicon owners running 40” tires with the Mopar lift and “chopped” fenders (front and rear).
That's a great question. I'll take a few pictures in the morning and post them here. You may have more knowledge on that topic than I do.

Edit: based off pictures, they are not the "high" fenders. I've attached pictures highlighting the difference. The Rubicon flares appear to be about an inch or two higher and have a notch cut out for the hood latches. However, American Adventure Labs does have a kit that fits Sahara JLs and I'm pretty sure those are the same design as mine.

IMG_20190612_091159_070~2.jpg

Screenshot_20190715-234630.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
That's a great question. I'll take a few pictures in the morning and post them here. You may have more knowledge on that topic than I do.

Edit: based off pictures, they are not the "high" fenders. I've attached pictures highlighting the difference. The Rubicon flares appear to be about an inch or two higher and have a notch cut out for the hood latches. However, American Adventure Labs does have a kit that fits Sahara JLs and I'm pretty sure those are the same design as mine.

IMG_20190612_091159_070~2.jpg

Screenshot_20190715-234630.png
The highline fenders will work 'IF' you can separate your fenders in two. Please keep us updated as many of are curious about the fenders on the Max Tow Package. Both front and rear.

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Update: I spoke to several people who are running 2.5" lifts as well as someone at Evo and they all said the same thing -- by "trimming" the fender flares on both the Overland and Sport S w/ Max Tow, you can run 37s off-road.

In short, I'll be trying it for myself. Feel free to look for updates on my build thread (linked below) and on my Instagram (@smokymountainoverland). I will try to remember to post on this thread as well!

I've also included a photo of an Overland with a 2.5" lift, 37s, and the American Adventure Labs fender kit. The username is visible, so go check her out on Instagram!

Build thread: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/smoky-mountain-overland-build.18410/

Screenshot_20190716-192927.png

DEVIATOR

First Name
Grizz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT, 2016 Wrangler JKU
Occupation
Quality Control, Speaker Engineer, Brewer
This late reply is for anybody else looking for a LCG build. That was priority #1 for me as well. I have a front spacer, but all OEM suspension. Mine is a Sport S. I installed sponsored Bushwacker fenders. I took critical measurements to see exactly what they yielded. Tires vary, but with my Trail Hog 37s, my front clearance went from 4.25" to 8" from top center of tire to bottom of fender = 3.75" additional clearance. The rear went from 4.5" to 8" = 3.5" additional clearance. Unlike my Wrangler JK, with the front leveled perfectly flat with the back, the clearance for both fenders is identical.

The 8" of clearance was more than enough to rock Moab this past Spring. My only complaint is that the ride is too cushy. I want stiffer shocks for stock rear and leveled front but can't find any without spending a buttload of cash for adjustable shocks. I can't justify that for OEM suspension.
Sponsored