Sponsored

2020 Gladiator color availability dates (start of production)

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Damn I was pretty disappointed I couldn't put in my order today. I wonder what the problem was?!
Well, over on the Granite Crystal Metallic side of the house, Jeep keeps telling us they have been having problems painting the metallic colors (cleaning nozzles, matching body parts, etc.). Personally, I'm calling BS since they have been making Billet Silver Metallic JTs for a while now (and Granite on the JLs and the RAMs), but what do I know. Punk'N is another metallic color, so that could be the case here. There's been a few Granite Sport S built (with black fenders and tops) and possibly the same on the initial run of Punk'N last week.

Sting Gray is not metallic (as well as White, Black, and Red), and they seem to be churning those out just fine.
Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Well, over on the Granite Crystal Metallic side of the house, Jeep keeps telling us they have been having problems painting the metallic colors (cleaning nozzles, matching body parts, etc.). Personally, I'm calling BS since they have been making Billet Silver Metallic JTs for a while now (and Granite on the JLs and the RAMs)"
It's complete BS. Jeep suddenly forgot how to paint a vehicle? Heaven only knows what the hold-up is. There are apparently some management problems with Gladiator production, and I would hope some heads would roll internally. But whatever it is, it ain't paint nozzles.

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
Well, over on the Granite Crystal Metallic side of the house, Jeep keeps telling us they have been having problems painting the metallic colors (cleaning nozzles, matching body parts, etc.). Personally, I'm calling BS since they have been making Billet Silver Metallic JTs for a while now (and Granite on the JLs and the RAMs), but what do I know. Punk'N is another metallic color, so that could be the case here. There's been a few Granite Sport S built (with black fenders and tops) and possibly the same on the initial run of Punk'N last week.

Sting Gray is not metallic (as well as White, Black, and Red), and they seem to be churning those out just fine.
They painted JL's in Punk'N and even a matching body color for the top and fenders on the Gladiator last week when they did their test run so maybe they are trying to get the earlier orders in the other colors done and out the door. But I have no idea. Hopefully the Punk'N banks will open sometime this week and they will be cruising through them. I need my Punk'N Rubi.

Troutman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 jkx, 16 jkuhr, 2020 gladiator
They painted JL's in Punk'N and even a matching body color for the top and fenders on the Gladiator last week when they did their test run so maybe they are trying to get the earlier orders in the other colors done and out the door. But I have no idea. Hopefully the Punk'N banks will open sometime this week and they will be cruising through them. I need my Punk'N Rubi.
im still waiting on black that i ordered 2 months ago

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
It's complete BS. Jeep suddenly forgot how to paint a vehicle? Heaven only knows what the hold-up is. There are apparently some management problems with Gladiator production, and I would hope some heads would roll internally. But whatever it is, it ain't paint nozzles.
I think the Punk'N's last week weren't color match. Regardless, there was a Granite Crystal Metallic LE (i.e. color matched top and fenders) built around Memorial Day, yet they are still saying they can't seem to be able to paint them. And completely get they've been painting JLs/JKs and RAMs in the same color for years. We are over 100 days in C status and still can't get a VIN or scheduled for build.

Sponsored

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR LE Black, 1996 XJ 4.0 5.5" long arm, 2003 Matrix XRS,
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Director
I think the Punk'N's last week weren't color match. Regardless, there was a Granite Crystal Metallic LE (i.e. color matched top and fenders) built around Memorial Day, yet they are still saying they can't seem to be able to paint them. And completely get they've been painting JLs/JKs and RAMs in the same color for years. We are over 100 days in C status and still can't get a VIN or scheduled for build.
Here is picture of a fully painted GC from the Jeep Factory Toledo page. I know its been posted before.

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
10:30 EST still a no go on the Punk’n.

Sponsored

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I am waiting on the punkin as well. Uggggh keep the faith

DrBobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Waiting on Punk'n as well, come on FCA we are waiting to buy.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
It makes me wonder if when they were tooling up to start Gladiator production they installed a different paint system than they have used in the past. Obviously they have been applying metallic finishes for years so it just makes me wonder if it is a problem with the equipment they are using. I think this has been suggested a few times before but with these continued delays it seems the most likely.
Does anyone know if any GCMs have hit the streets yet?

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT