First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Is there anyone who has experience with both of these tires? I want a relatively quiet tire which still has decent off road traction. The RT seems to have larger voids between the shoulder treads, and I’ve heard reports of it being quiet, and others that they get loud. Has anyone driven both for any length of time for comparison?
Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Is there anyone who has experience with both of these tires? I want a relatively quiet tire which still has decent off road traction. The RT seems to have larger voids between the shoulder treads, and I’ve heard reports of it being quiet, and others that they get loud. Has anyone driven both for any length of time for comparison?
I don't have first hand experience and have done a lot of research while trying to decide on what tires I should buy and I was considering these two as well. I decided on BFG KM3 35". Lots of good reviews for Nittos and the Toyos and I felt like a lot of people in the US liked Nittos and lots of Europeans liked Toyos - but again this is from a small sample size that I researched so you have to consider that. I have used Toyos on sports cars before and I love them as a brand as I do know that they make really good tires. From my research people with the Toyos were pretty satisfied with the noise levels...

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have not driven both, but I can tell you that I put about 20,000 miles on a set of 34" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my F-150 and loved them. They looked aggressive, but were very quiet on the street. You could barely hear the tire hum with the Ridges, especially compared to the Falken M/T's I have on the Gladiator right now. Since my off-roading will be mild, when it comes to putting new tires on the Gladiator, I'm going to go back with Ridge Grapplers. Since Toyo owns Nitto, it all comes down to a matter of preference of tread and sidewall design for which one to choose.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Toyo owns Nitto :facepalm: then won’t toyo
Make. A 37 11.5 17 or 18 in an at3 tread. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh
Sponsored