Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Maybe the progressive rate spring is needed in the rear to resist more as the payload increases?
I think you nailed their reasoning. A lot of companies (MetalCloak, AEV, Rock Krawler) typically use progressive front and rear, so I'm curious.

Maybe an email will net an explanation!

kyleking777

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKRU
Iā€™ve got the Evo 4.5ā€ Enforcer Overland stage 4 Plus lift with King shocks and I have to say I really wasnā€™t expecting for it to drive as good as it does. AND ITS ON 40s! I did this lift myself, it really wasnā€™t all that hard for a weekend warrior like myself. The quality is 2nd to none and everything lined up just as it should. Instructions are well laid out. The second I got it on all 4s I couldnā€™t wait to take it for a spin. Iā€™ve had CJā€™s, a YJ, TJā€™s, XJā€™s, and JKā€™s. All with progressively better rides and handling. My JKUR I also built myself and it drove well I felt but was never a great driving vehicle by any means. So my expectations for the gladiator were it would be better, but never great. I was wrong. The longer wheel base really changed the game. Lifting it with this quality lift, I feel really preserved that awesome ride. I will say, with the 40ā€™s, they do tend to want to go with the road sometimes. By that I mean if there are grove a in the road they will tend to follow them, But from my experience thatā€™s just a side effect of larger tires that wonā€™t ever be changed. If anybody has any questions on this install, or need any help. Feel free to shoot me a message.

Also just to cover it because I know I will be asked, I am changing the gears to 4.88s as we speak. However it was actually really not bad at all on the stock 4.10s. I had 37s on my JKUR with 4.10 and this was leaps and bounds better than that. The 8 speed auto made a world of difference there. Iā€™m going to run these 40s on the stock 44s as long as I can. People always say youā€™re on limited time doing that, and I donā€™t disagree. But nobody ever knows really what that time frame is, so Iā€™m prepared to figure it out for you guys. So far so good.

I will report back on the 4.88ā€™s and how I feel about them with the 40s

40x13.50x20
4.5ā€ Evo
80ā€ tall on the dot

C6A97709-32BD-40D0-82D5-EBC48EED9DEA.jpeg

BDE1D935-377F-45C9-886D-12DC26A950F7.jpeg

8592A7D7-D51E-464E-BFAB-25A5E106E29E.jpeg

ED8B5863-81B6-4E84-8501-4563D6198A4C.jpeg

836B6017-30F2-4685-9D42-802D48D16F1D.jpeg

Sponsored

Sshec152

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator, 2007 bmw 335i
Iā€™ve got the Evo 4.5ā€ Enforcer Overland stage 4 Plus lift with King shocks and I have to say I really wasnā€™t expecting for it to drive as good as it does. AND ITS ON 40s! I did this lift myself, it really wasnā€™t all that hard for a weekend warrior like myself. The quality is 2nd to none and everything lined up just as it should. Instructions are well laid out. The second I got it on all 4s I couldnā€™t wait to take it for a spin. Iā€™ve had CJā€™s, a YJ, TJā€™s, XJā€™s, and JKā€™s. All with progressively better rides and handling. My JKUR I also built myself and it drove well I felt but was never a great driving vehicle by any means. So my expectations for the gladiator were it would be better, but never great. I was wrong. The longer wheel base really changed the game. Lifting it with this quality lift, I feel really preserved that awesome ride. I will say, with the 40ā€™s, they do tend to want to go with the road sometimes. By that I mean if there are grove a in the road they will tend to follow them, But from my experience thatā€™s just a side effect of larger tires that wonā€™t ever be changed. If anybody has any questions on this install, or need any help. Feel free to shoot me a message.

Also just to cover it because I know I will be asked, I am changing the gears to 4.88s as we speak. However it was actually really not bad at all on the stock 4.10s. I had 37s on my JKUR with 4.10 and this was leaps and bounds better than that. The 8 speed auto made a world of difference there. Iā€™m going to run these 40s on the stock 44s as long as I can. People always say youā€™re on limited time doing that, and I donā€™t disagree. But nobody ever knows really what that time frame is, so Iā€™m prepared to figure it out for you guys. So far so good.

40x13.50x20
4.5ā€ Evo
80ā€ tall on the dot

Sheeeessh thatā€™s a bad bish

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator

40x13.50x20
4.5ā€ Evo
80ā€ tall on the dot

Any updates @kyleking777 on;
  • Strength/longetivity of oem axles
  • Mileage numbers
  • Braking with 40's
  • Possible front coil deformity
  • King shocks

1 BAD JT

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon

40x13.50x20
4.5ā€ Evo
80ā€ tall on the dot

Luv the write up, i'm getting ready to pull the trigger on EVO 6.5 on 40's or maybe Rebel? i here good things for both companies, i have a question also, when your on flat ground does it seem level? i cant stand when the front is dipping forward.

Comancheman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Jeep Comanche, 2015 jeep jk 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely looking forward to hearing more

AdamH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 23 Wagoneer, 83 Scrambler
PM sent about King mounting points

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Luv the write up, i'm getting ready to pull the trigger on EVO 6.5 on 40's or maybe Rebel? i here good things for both companies, i have a question also, when your on flat ground does it seem level? i cant stand when the front is dipping forward.
I donā€™t believe the front is dipping. Vehicles of this kind...especially pickupā€™s have a rake built in for a purpose. When you add a little payload...what the vehicle is meant for/to do...itā€™ll level out just fine. Especially if you get 40ā€™s, by the time you get you put any gear in the vehicle it should level out as well. On the other hand, if youā€™re worried about what it looks like sitting still in a parking lot empty or like the stink-bug look and donā€™t mind people shaking there heads at you because you have a $70+k vehicle you just took the utility out of... If youā€™re one of the ladder, just donā€™t forget to crank the trajectory of the head lights down. You may make your vehicle a target. Some people are of the mind if you donā€™t adjust the lights youā€™re just waving the bird at everyone, while blinding everyone in front of the vehicle. They may in-turn decide for you that you donā€™t need those headlights until you can learn to properly operate them. Sorry. I didnā€™t mean for this reply to be a rant... Iā€™ll get off my soap box. I guess what Iā€™m really trying to get at here is over the last 70-80+ years designers have engineered in a slight rake for a reason. I may be more sensitive to this as I grew up in TX and now spend most of my time (unfortunately) in FL. Iā€™m constantly reminded of the lack of common sense of the folks modding their vehicles to look like they only can afford to purchase the front half of a lift kit. Itā€™s either this or they licked leaded paint as a kid and are incapable of conjuring up a rational opinion...oops...sorry again...donā€™t know where all of that came from...lol...yes I feel better now. While Iā€™m this far in... Iā€™ll add that if you level this length of a vehicle and add a payload but havenā€™t taken into account the added squat donā€™t complain about how your steering doesnā€™t have an on center feel. Unless you adjust the front control arms to accommodate the worse geometry youā€™ve conjured up...well you should be able to figure it out from here....

Last edited:

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Just posted this same ask in another thread but figured I would ask the same question in this one:

I am struggling with shocks for my EVO 2.5ā€ stage 3 kit. I have had the lift installed and using shock extension brackets with the stock fox shocks. It works but I want proper length shocks. I am stuck between the EVO tuned Kings and Falcon 3.3s. Are the EVO tuned Kings others are running adjustable? Seems like that adds $500 to the price. The adjustability seems like a really nice feature but no idea if itā€™s really needed or utilized. Thoughts?
Sponsored