First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
So someone watched the lift being put on by the dealer, or the lift was put on before it hit the lot... Confused..
Yes, good point @5JeepsAz . The original poster @swsmith.ss001 stated in one post that the lift was already on when he purchased the Gladiator but then in another post he said he watched the Dodge dealer installing the lift.
Sponsored

OP
OP
swsmith.ss001

swsmith.ss001

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Yes, good point @5JeepsAz . The original poster @swsmith.ss001 stated in one post that the lift was already on when he purchased the Gladiator but then in another post he said he watched the Dodge dealer installing the lift.
The first time I saw the vehicle was driving by the dealership in the lot it was stock. I stopped in that weekend to see if they still had it and he walked me around back and showed me the gladiator on the lift and said they are doing a 3.5 in lift on it. I came back about a week later and it was still on the lot and that's when I actually test drove the vehicle. I apologise for any confusion.

OP
OP
swsmith.ss001

swsmith.ss001

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
So someone watched the lift being put on by the dealer, or the lift was put on before it hit the lot... Confused..
The first time I saw the vehicle was driving by the dealership in the lot it was stock. I stopped in that weekend to see if they still had it and he walked me around back and showed me the gladiator on the lift and said they are doing a 3.5 in lift on it. I came back about a week later and it was still on the lot and that's when I actually test drove the vehicle. I apologise for any confusion.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I hope you get this resolved. I feel for you. When is your dealer going to give you an answer?

OP
OP
swsmith.ss001

swsmith.ss001

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I hope you get this resolved. I feel for you. When is your dealer going to give you an answer?
I spoke with them yesterday evening again because even after the alignment they did the vehicle still has a slight pull to the right very minor but I would expect them to have this resolved after the second attempt. He informed me that Jeep has not released the specs for the alignment yet and that they are doing it off of the new JL specs. The rubbing has disappeared after the re alignment but is still very close to rubbing. He informed that he still needs to speak with his sales and parts manager but they are looking to remove the panels that sit under the running lights. I told him I would be in this Saturday to have the issue resolved and if they were still unsure to just remove the lift all together and put the vehicle back to stock. We shall see what happens.

Sponsored

JTwantMe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Comanche Pioneer, 02Liberty Limited
My opinion the 20" rims and too much offset is the problem, I do not recall anyone else trying to run 20" rims!

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke with them yesterday evening again because even after the alignment they did the vehicle still has a slight pull to the right very minor but I would expect them to have this resolved after the second attempt. He informed me that Jeep has not released the specs for the alignment yet and that they are doing it off of the new JL specs. The rubbing has disappeared after the re alignment but is still very close to rubbing. He informed that he still needs to speak with his sales and parts manager but they are looking to remove the panels that sit under the running lights. I told him I would be in this Saturday to have the issue resolved and if they were still unsure to just remove the lift all together and put the vehicle back to stock. We shall see what happens.
Ask if they torqued everything correctly while up on the hoist. Then ask them if they re-torqued again when put back on the ground. This is a common issue for shops that do not install lifts regularly. If they only torqued when in the air then the squat of the rig, when back on the ground, is misaligned.

BTW, check this video on a stock JT Sport with 35s. No lift and rubbing the front bumper like yours.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
My opinion the 20" rims and too much offset is the problem, I do not recall anyone else trying to run 20" rims!
The wheel diameter is not a problem, the OD of the tire is not the problem, the width of the tire is not the problem,the bumper is not the problem and the lift is not the problem.

The problem is in the wheel offset..

If the truck is pulling they need to fix that, and they need to accept that the guy who picked out wheels is a dumb ass and correct the problem.

I'm not criticizing the OP for not knowing or understanding, people SHOULD be able to trust the professionals at a dealership, but this dealership does not seem to fall into that category. They shouldn't have let it out of the shop the first time, and certainly not the second, there is some incompetence going on there.

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
This is the instructions for a Rough Country 2 1/2 leveling kit.

Jeep JT Gladiator 2.5” Leveling Kit Thank you for choosing Rough Country for your suspension needs.
Rough Country recommends a certified technician install this system. In addition to these instructions, professional knowledge of disassemble/reassembly procedures as well as post installation checks must be known. Attempts to install this system without this knowledge and expertise may jeopardize the integrity and/or operating safety of the vehicle.
Please read instructions before beginning installation. Check the kit hardware against the parts list. Be sure you have all needed parts and know where they go. Also please review tools needed list and make sure you have needed tools.
PRODUCT USE INFORMATION
As a general rule, the taller a vehicle is, the easier it will roll. Seat belts and shoulder harnesses should be worn at all times. Avoid situations where a side rollover may occur.
Generally, braking performance and capability are decreased when larger/heavier tires and wheels are used. Take this into consideration while driving. Do not add, alter, or fabricate any factory or after-market parts to increase vehicle height over the intended height of the Rough Country product purchased. Mixing component brands is not recommended.
Rough Country makes no claims regarding lifting devices and excludes any and all implied claims. We will not be re- sponsible for any product that is altered.
This suspension system was developed using a 35x12.50x20 tire on a 20x10 wheel with -18 offset. Different wheel and tire combinations my be used but different tire manufactures designs may result in a tire width that could result in contact with the lower control arm and/or front sway bar link in a sharp turn. Please consult with your tire and wheel expert be- fore purchasing. Also note that if wider tires are desired, offset wheels will be required. If question exist we will be happy to answer any questions concerning the design, function, and correct use of our products by calling 1-800-222-7023.
NOTICE TO DEALER AND VEHICLE OWNER
Any vehicle e
quipped with any Rough Country product should have a “Warning to Driver” decal installed on the inside of the windshield or on the vehicle’s dash. The decal should act as a constant reminder for whoever is operating the vehi- cle of its unique handling characteristics.
Tools Needed:
6mm Allen
10mm Socket & Wrench 15mm Socket & Wrench 18mm Socket & Wrench 21mm Socket & Wrench 22mm Deep Well Socket Pliers
9/16” Socket & Wrench 3/4” Socket & Wrench Jack
Jack Stands
Prior to installing this kit, with the vehicle on the ground, measure the heights of your vehicle. This measurement can be recorded from the center of the wheel straight up to the top of the inner fender lip. Record the measurements.
LF:__________ ,RF:___________, LR:__________, RR:___________

63430 KIT CONTENTS
Kit Box 63430
Qty
Description
Front Coil Spacers
Front Shocks
Front Sway Links
Front Bump Stop Spacers
Hardware Bag
Instruction Bag
Front Bump Stop Bag
634BAG1
Qty
Description
1/2” Flat Washer
12mm x 65mm Bolt
12mm Flange Lock Nut
1609BAG7
Qty
Description
3/8” Flat Washer
3/8” x 3” Bolt
3/8” Flange Lock Nut
63400 KIT CONTENTS
Kit Box 63400
Qty
Description
Front Coil Spacers
Front Shock Brackets
Front Sway Links
Front Bump Stop Spacers
Hardware Bag
Shock Bracket Bag
Instruction Bag
Front Bump Stop Bag
634BAG2
Qty
Description
1/2” Flat Washer
12mm x 65mm Bolt
12mm Flange Lock Nut
Shock Bracket Crush Sleeves
3/8” x 1” Bolts
3/8” Flat Washers
3/8” Flange Locknuts
12mm x 65mm Bolts
12mm Flange Locknuts
12mm Flat Washers
1609BAG7
Qty
Description
3/8” Flat Washer
3/8” x 3” Bolt
3/8” Flange Lock Nut

Torque Specs:
Size Grade 5 5/16” 15 ft/lbs 3/8” 30 ft/lbs 7/16” 45 ft/lbs 1/2” 65 ft/lbs 9/16” 95 ft/lbs 5/8” 135 ft/lbs 3/4” 185 ft/lbs
Grade 8 20 ft/lbs 35 ft/lbs 60 ft/lbs 90 ft/lbs 130 ft/lbs 175 ft/lbs 280 ft/lbs
Class 8.8 6MM 5 ft/lbs
8MM 18ft/lbs 10MM 32ft/lbs 12MM 55ft/lbs 14MM 85ft/lbs 16MM 130ft/lbs 18MM 170ft/lbs
Class 10.9 9 ft/lbs 23 ft/lbs 45ft/lbs 75ft/lbs 120ft/lbs 165ft/lbs 240ft/lbs
63430 KIT PIC
63400 KIT PIC

FRONT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Place vehicle in park and chock the rear wheels. Raise the front of the vehicle with a jack and secure a jack stand beneath each frame rail behind the front control arms. Ease the frame down onto the stands. Place the jack under the front axle for support when removing the coil springs.
2. Remove the front tires/wheels, using a 22mm deep well socket.
3. Mark and remove front driveshaft from axle using a 15mm socket. Hang the driveshaft up don't let it fall or rest
on the driveshaft boot or it could damage the boot.
4. Using a 21mm socket and wrench, remove the bolt securing the front track bar to the frame. See Photo 1. Retain
hardware for reuse.
5. Using an 18mm socket and wrench remove the bottom sway bar link bolts. Retain hardware for reuse. See Photo 2.
PHOTO 1 PHOTO 2
Remove the track bar bolt. Remove the lower sway link bolt.
6. Remove the lower shock bolt using a 18mm socket and wrench. You may have to raise the axle with the jack and pull down on the shock to remove the bolt. See Photo 3. Retain stock hardware.
7. Using a 15mm wrench, remove the brake line bracket from the lower control arm. See Photos 4 & 5. Retain hard- ware for reuse.
PHOTO 3 PHOTO 4
Remove the lower shock bolt. Remove the brake line bracket.
8. Using pliers, remove the wiring harness from the upper control arm. See Photo 6.
9. Loosen the upper control arms using a 18mm wrench.
10. Loosen the lower control arms but do not remove using a 21mm & 24mm wrench.
PHOTO 5 PHOTO 6
Remove the brake line bracket Pull the wiring harness from the control arm.

11. Using pliers, remove the axle vent tube from the differential housing. See Photo 7.
12. Unplug the 4x4 actuator for slack. See Photo 8.
PHOTO 7 PHOTO 8
Remove the axle vent tube. Unplug the 4x4 actuator.
13. Lower the jack, careful not to let the axle reach full droop, and remove the coil spring and spring isolator. See Photo 9.
14. Using a 10mm wrench, remove the brake line bracket from the coil mount. Retain hardware for reuse. See Photo 10.
PHOTO 9 PHOTO 10
Remove the coil spring.
Install the coil spacer and coil isolator.
15. Install the supplied spring spacer with coil spring isolator under the spacer. Remove the coil spring isolator locator nipple using side cutters. See Photo 11.
16. Install the factory coil spring. See Photo 12.
PHOTO 11 PHOTO 12
Install the coil spacer and coil isolator. Install the coil spring.

17. Install the bump stop spacer into the lower coil mount. See Photo 13.
18. Place the supplied 3/8” x 3” bolt, washers, and nut (1609BAG7) through the spacer and coil mount. See Photo 14.
PHOTO 13 PHOTO 14
Install bump stop spacer. Use supplied 3/8” hardware.
19. Tighten using 9/16” wrenches. See Photo 15.
20. Install the brake line bracket on the coil mount using the factory hardware and a 10mm wrench.
21. Remove the upper shock mounting bolt using a 19mm wrench. Retain hardware for reuse. See Photo 16.
PHOTO 15
PHOTO 16
Tighten using 9/16” wrenches. Remove the upper shock bolt.
22. If installing kit with shock relocation brackets, skip to step 25.
23. Install the supplied shock in the upper and lower mounts using the factory hardware. Tighten using a 19mm wrench.
Make sure the upper eyelet is offset to the outside of the vehicle. See Photo 17.
24. Tighten the lower shock mounting bolt using an 18mm wrench and socket. Skip to step 30. See Photo 18.
PHOTO 17 PHOTO 18
Install the supplied front shock. Install the shock in the lower mount.

25. Install the supplied shock extension bracket using the supplied 3/8” x 1” bolt, 3/8 washer, and 3/8” flange locknut (634BAG2), through the bottom hole of the bracket. Do Not Tighten. It may be necessary use a 3/8” drill to deburr the bottom hole in the factory shock mount. See Photo 19.
26. Place the supplied crush sleeve (634BAG2) into the factory shock bracket. Install the factory shock hardware into the brackets and through the sleeve. See Photo 20.
PHOTO 19 PHOTO 20
Install the shock ext. bracket. Install the supplied sleeve.
27. Tighten the lower bolt using a 9/16” socket and wrench. Torque to 30ft/lbs. See Photo 21.
28. Using a jack to compress the suspension, install the shock in the extension bracket using the supplied 12mm x
65mm bolt, 1/2” washers, and 12mm nut (634BAG2). See Photo 22. PHOTO 21
PHOTO 22
Tighten the lower mounting bolt. Install the shock.
29. Tighten the factory bolt using an 18mm socket and wrench. Torque to 55ft/lbs. See Photo 23.
30. Tighten the lower shock bolt using an 18mm socket and wrench. Torque to 55ft/lbs. See Photo 24.
PHOTO 23
PHOTO 24
Tighten the factory hardware. Tighten the shock mounting bolt.

31. Install the brake line bracket on the lower control arm using the factory hardware. Tighten using a 15mm wrench. Torque to 18ft/lbs. See Photo 25.
32. Remove the sway link from the sway bar using a 6mm Allen and an 18mm wrench. See Photo 26.
PHOTO 25 PHOTO 26
Install the brake line bracket. Remove the factory sway link.
33. Install the new supplied bent sway link using the supplied 12mm x 65mm bolt, 1/2” washers, and lock nut (634BAG1) to attach the link to the sway bar and the factory hardware to attach the link to the axle. Torque to 55ft/lbs. See Photo 27.
34. Clip the wiring harness into the upper control arm.
35. Attach the axle vent tube to the differential using a pair of pliers. Plug-in the 4x4 actuator. See Photo 28.
PHOTO 27
PHOTO 28
Tighten upper sway link bolt. Plug in the 4x4 actuator.
36. Attach the sway bar links, to the axle, using the factory hardware and an 18mm socket and wrench. Torque to 55ft/ lbs.
37. Reinstall the front tires/wheels, using a 22mm deep well socket.
38. Lower the vehicle to the ground.
POST INSTALLATION
1. Confirm that the draglink was adjusted to the center steering wheel BEFORE the vehicle is driven. Failure to do so will cause a computer error, odd handling, and poor performance.
2. Check all fasteners for proper torque. Check to ensure there is adequate clearance between all rotating, mobile, fixed and heated members. Check steering for interference and proper working order. Test brake system.
3. Perform steering sweep. The distance between the tire sidewall and the brake hose must be checked closely. Cycle the steering from full turn to full turn to check for clearance. Failure to perform inspections may result in component failure.
4. Re-torque all fasteners after 500 miles and recheck after 1000 miles. Alignment must be checked by a qualified me- chanic. Visually inspect components and re-torque fasteners during routine vehicle service.
5. Readjust headlights to proper settings.
6. Have a qualified alignment center realign the front end, to the factory specifications immediately.
Thank you for purchasing a Rough Country Suspension System.
By purchasing any item sold by Rough Country, LLC, the buyer expressly warrants that he/she is in compliance with all applicable , State, and Local laws and regulations regarding the purchase, ownership, and use of the item. It shall be the buyers responsibility to comply with all Federal, State and Local laws governing the sales of any
items listed, illustrated or sold. The buyer expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Rough
Country, LLC for all claims resulting directly or indirectly from the purchase, ownership, or use of the items.

OP
OP
swsmith.ss001

swsmith.ss001

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
The wheel diameter is not a problem, the OD of the tire is not the problem, the width of the tire is not the problem,the bumper is not the problem and the lift is not the problem.

The problem is in the wheel offset..

If the truck is pulling they need to fix that, and they need to accept that the guy who picked out wheels is a dumb ass and correct the problem.

I'm not criticizing the OP for not knowing or understanding, people SHOULD be able to trust the professionals at a dealership, but this dealership does not seem to fall into that category. They shouldn't have let it out of the shop the first time, and certainly not the second, there is some incompetence going on there.
Thank you for your input this is the general answer I am getting from my post which is what I was looking for. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience. The dealership has been dodging my calls and giving me the run around. I hope to have this fixed soon.

Sponsored

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Thank you for your input this is the general answer I am getting from my post which is what I was looking for. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience. The dealership has been dodging my calls and giving me the run around. I hope to have this fixed soon.
Sucks this is happening to you. I’m not surprised that they are dodging you, typical dealership. At this point if it was me, I’d demand them to put it stock, refund me my $$, and leave. They could also be waiting so enough time has past to tell you it’s too late to fix it. They obviously don’t know what to do with you and don’t care since they made their $$ already. You should not be having this much trouble with a brand new vehicle. You have them a fair opportunity to solve the issue, and they did nothing.

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
You should call MOPAR directly and ask for the tech guy or gal about the lift they installed. Ask them for the instructions and ask them about the correct wheel fitment. Then explain to them what’s going on and reach out to JEEP CARES as well as MOPAR for support. A call from MOPAR to the dealer and or another party should stoke the dealer to realize this is a serious issue and has to be resolved. Also take the instructions to the service manager and parts manager to see what the proper procedure was required to do the job correctly. Good luck and hope this works out for you.

OP
OP
swsmith.ss001

swsmith.ss001

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
You should call MOPAR directly and ask for the tech guy or gal about the lift they installed. Ask them for the instructions and ask them about the correct wheel fitment. Then explain to them what’s going on and reach out to JEEP CARES as well as MOPAR for support. A call from MOPAR to the dealer and or another party should stoke the dealer to realize this is a serious issue and has to be resolved. Also take the instructions to the service manager and parts manager to see what the proper procedure was required to do the job correctly. Good luck and hope this works out for you.
I took your advice and called MOPAR, they contacted the dealer directly and told me that they are opening a case and assigning a manager to look into what's going on. They said I should hear back from the case manager within 24 hours. Fingers crossed this gets the ball rolling. Thank you for your advice I appreciate the help.

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
I took your advice and called MOPAR, they contacted the dealer directly and told me that they are opening a case and assigning a manager to look into what's going on. They said I should hear back from the case manager within 24 hours. Fingers crossed this gets the ball rolling. Thank you for your advice I appreciate the help.
We are all praying for you that this gets resolved quickly!

Mancerator

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2018 Range Rover Sport V8 SC
The front tire looks too far forward in the wheel well (not centered). Could it be some nuts/bolts weren't tightened properly during the conversion and slipped as you drove those 100 miles?
Sponsored