Truck Bed Hard Top

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
Other than trying to retrofit a topper made for a different truck, I've seen zilch on a hard topper built for the JT. Am I missing something or just too early? Anyone hear of something like this in the works by an aftermarket vendor?
Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Dunno, but I am seriously considering one.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Other than trying to retrofit a topper made for a different truck, I've seen zilch on a hard topper built for the JT. Am I missing something or just too early? Anyone hear of something like this in the works by an aftermarket vendor?
I have not seen a single cap - I think that's what you are referring to. Seems like most of the attention has been on expedition racks and things of that nature.

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
I’m betting Bestop will make a soft top one.

Otherwise I would watch ARE,Leer, or any of the other major manufacturers

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Bestop is supposed to come out with a soft cap and SofTopper says theirs will be ready in the Fall. It took about 2 years for the major manufacturers to come out with hard shells for the Canyon/Colorado so don't hold your breath.

Sponsored

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
I have been checking with many of the known hard top shell manufacturers and none of them have anything for the Gladiator yet. Many indicated they are working on designs but no firm dates provided. I definitely want a hard shell for my rig.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I have been checking with many of the known hard top shell manufacturers and none of them have anything for the Gladiator yet. Many indicated they are working on designs but no firm dates provided. I definitely want a hard shell for my rig.
Gotcha taken care of...
https://extang.com/solid-fold-2-0/2020/jeep/gladiator

I have this on my F-350 with an 8' bed and am very happy with it.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I need a cab height cap or shell. Like ARE or LEER.
Still a few months away...maybe more. ARE first said nothing is coming, and then more recently they've said late 2019, early 2020.
Nothing yet from LEER, not that I've heard. @steffen707 you?

I'm sure there are companies that just make custom ones, but that may be more expensive.

AkChas

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on 2020 Gladiator Overland (M/T)
I just came from a local Seattle-area dealer for RLD Designs (South Africa). https://adventure-ready.com/rld-design-truck-caps-canopies/
It's the only Bed Canopy for the Gladiator that I've found, to-date. The dealer (Adventure-Ready), is actually about to receive their first shipment of a few Gladiator canopies -- and I managed to get the one I need, when they arrive in the next week or so (got REAL Lucky) -- Black with White Doors, for my White Overland w/manual transmission (same color-scheme as in the pics, if you follow the link above). Though, I didn't get the insert with plates, cups, glasses, drop-down table, Bottle of Scotch.....etc : )
The latches and other hardware are solid and very high quality! I'm very glad I found this cap and actually got to see and touch one (albeit, on a Tacoma : )
There are numerous other options and configs available, including sliding stowage drawers at bottom, rail system across bed for "Tiger Boxes"; Side windows; Sliding Side Windows (note: RLD Roof-Rack not included). Cap comes with a "Positive Pressure Vent", designed to keep dust out (pretty cleaver -- and a necessity in the Bush regions in/around South Africa).
The guys at Adventure-Ready were super nice and we had great conversations about Overlanding, etc. They do a ton of other mods and sell various roof-top tents, etc, etc. First time I'd ever been there -- I suspect I'll be back again and again.

I got Real Lucky in finding these guys that just happened to have one more cap available on an incoming shipment! Can't wait to get it on the truck!

upload_2019-7-22_19-42-48.png

upload_2019-7-22_19-44-5.png

upload_2019-7-22_19-45-24.png

upload_2019-7-22_19-46-26.png

Sponsored

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Devices
I just came from a local Seattle-area dealer for RLD Designs (South Africa). https://adventure-ready.com/rld-design-truck-caps-canopies/
It's the only Bed Canopy for the Gladiator that I've found, to-date. Though, I didn't get the insert with plates, cups, glasses, drop-down table, Bottle of Scotch.....etc : )
Well that would work! Except it really needs single malt. I look forward to seeing what it looks like on your JT.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Still a few months away...maybe more. ARE first said nothing is coming, and then more recently they've said late 2019, early 2020.
Nothing yet from LEER, not that I've heard. @steffen707 you?

I'm sure there are companies that just make custom ones, but that may be more expensive.
LEER sent out a survey to gauge interest in various designs. Someone posted it to the facebook group. I went through it. Sure looks like they're in the beginning stages of actually prototyping anything. I suspect it will be a while.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
AKChas-

This canopy is on my short list.
Please keep us informed and take plenty of pics.
I didn’t see a base price but I’m assuming it’s around $3K right?

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Devices
$3,424.99 with shipping. No longer on my short list. White with White doors.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
3400 base price! ouch that is a lot!
Sponsored