Sponsored

First Granite Crystal VIN# Post Here

SledHead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black LE
Talked to the concierge today. I was told they "hope to begin production of Granite LEs by the end of the month, but no promises".
Sponsored

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
These I Can Promise by Mark Twain
I cannot promise you a life of sunshine with your GCLE
I cannot promise riches, wealth, or gold with your GCLE
I cannot promise you an easy pathway with your GCLE
That leads away from change or growing old with your GCLE
But I can promise all my heart's devotion with your GCLE
A smile to chase away your tears of sorrow with your GCLE
A love that's ever true and ever growing with your GCLE
A hand to hold in yours through each tomorrow with your GCLE*.
*Footnote; “with your GCLE” addendum circa July 16, 2019. Author - Hikerbob

Tom in Long Island NY

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Gladiator LE
Same for me today , 'C' status with no guarantee of starting by months end.. CRAZY. All the excitement April 4th, "sold out" in a day etc and 13 weeks later no firm answers or ETA. YET... and this is sad, on Jeep's part ( i'm a die hard jeep fan so..)that the LE rollout being so messed up there is LE's being "dropped" of the list by buyers giving in and more telling is my dealer (I'm waiting now for Granite crystal M)has a Black LE sitting on the lot! not claimed. I am very tempted as no guarantee means to me it could be Christmas time by delivery. oh and I passed 4 GCM JL's on the road . So paint can't be an issue. some were body colored tops too. Rubicon Black LE looking real good right now

Jensen66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Saw Palmer had a Black LE for sale. Nope. Not going to do it. Waiting it out. Will be seeing you on 400 Jensen66!
I pick up mine on Thursday. I give you guys who are passionate about the color credit, for me it was never that strong a feeling. If you go by Palmer before Thursday you can see mine, just don’t sit in it ;):like:

Skyler7381

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite LE
I pick up mine on Thursday. I give you guys who are passionate about the color credit, for me it was never that strong a feeling. If you go by Palmer before Thursday you can see mine, just don’t sit in it ;):like:
What's your spec?

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
What's your spec?
Think he mentioned it yesterday in this post. Gave up on Granite for Red LE.
I am out. Dealer had a red LE available for trade for my eventual GC LE, I will pick it up Thursday (already have pics on dealer lot). Color choice was tricky for me, I like red for safety reasons on Atlanta’s highways (if you can see me maybe you wont hit me?) but my ‘84 CJ-7 was also red and my ‘12 wrangler is a dark red. Really only had two colors that I did not want , black (too hot in the south for me) and white (too clean for me), both of which I guess technically are not even “colors” ;-). Went with GC based on the on-line pics and limited selection but the waiting is crazy, in the end, it is just a color, love the way the red looks and I am sure I will love the GC when I finally get to see it too. Good luck guys, see you around town

Michaelamici

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Just spoke with Paige again. Still in C. She said hopefully by end of or beginning of month they will start. They are making sure paint and parts are correct. She said all the granites going through one shot. When I asked her to ballpark me on how long she said hopefully within 2 months of start.

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
B25E8A01-A348-42DD-AD3F-C38C78CEDC38.jpeg
Really frustrating to see a “normal” Gladiator sitting 2 miles away from my house and I’m still waiting...probably went to buy a Renegade and decided on the Gladiator instead. I’m just angry about the situation not the person. Or maybe if I saw the person I’d be angry too.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Just spoke with Paige again. Still in C. She said hopefully by end of or beginning of month they will start. They are making sure paint and parts are correct. She said all the granites going through one shot. When I asked her to ballpark me on how long she said hopefully within 2 months of start.
Do you think when she made the one shot comment she was including both LEs and regular order granites?

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1929 Model A RPU, 1930 model A roadster, 1932 Ford 3 window coupe, 1952 HD FL, 1956 Chevy Wagon, 1969 Jeepster Commando, 2018 Dodge Charger Scat Pack,
Who's left on the Granite Crystal Metallic wait list? Had a few more drop in the last week or two...

LEs (all C status): @BillyBob, @gsxr310, @HikerBob, @jctnt1, @jncomatrix, @Jprepp, @kayakmike, @Magnus Rudis, @panic1372, @Rubicon Bob, @SledHead, @Skyler7381, @terrordbn, @Tom in Long Island NY, @tanman, @WildJD
Non-LEs:
  • @ScottA (Rubi, color fenders, black dual top) D1 status 7/15
  • @homerun (Rubi, manual, color fenders, black dual top) D status 7/15
  • @sog (Sport S, manual) F status 7/15
Granite LE RIP list:
4/26: @Jeepznthingz -> White LE
4/26: @pilotpat -> White LE
4/26: @robbyr1000 -> White LE
6/28: @nate320 -> Black LE
7/3: @Rebel JT -> TBD
7/15: @Nujejep -> Black LE
7/15: @Jensen66 -> Red LE
???: @mimms123 -> ???

(will update this post as I get new folks that I inadvertently forgot)
Might as well throw me on that list as well
Rubi man black top/fenders 8.4 aux switches trail rail cloth interior

Sponsored

Spyder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 JT Granite Chrystal Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Who's left on the Granite Crystal Metallic wait list? Had a few more drop in the last week or two...

LEs (all C status): @BillyBob, @gsxr310, @HikerBob, @jctnt1, @jncomatrix, @Jprepp, @kayakmike, @Magnus Rudis, @panic1372, @Rubicon Bob, @SledHead, @Skyler7381, @terrordbn, @Tom in Long Island NY, @tanman, @WildJD
Non-LEs:
  • @ScottA (Rubi, color fenders, black dual top) D1 status 7/15
  • @homerun (Rubi, manual, color fenders, black dual top) D status 7/15
  • @sog (Sport S, manual) F status 7/15
Granite LE RIP list:
4/26: @Jeepznthingz -> White LE
4/26: @pilotpat -> White LE
4/26: @robbyr1000 -> White LE
6/28: @nate320 -> Black LE
7/3: @Rebel JT -> TBD
7/15: @Nujejep -> Black LE
7/15: @Jensen66 -> Red LE
???: @mimms123 -> ???

(will update this post as I get new folks that I inadvertently forgot)
I just recently got on this forum and I have a GCM LE in C status as well.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
Just for that, I’m going to fart in it. Lol.

atlRubyGlad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Raptor, 2020 Jeep Gladiator GCLE
Long time lurker... and also waiting for my GC LE, FYI

SledHead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black LE
Going to look at the black LE my dealership has available. I figure if they can come down on the price to the number i have in my head I'll take the black one. If not, I'll wait.
Also, since Sting Gray was my first choice of color (not available on LE), and is available for order now. I may ask them to order a fully built SG Rubicon, as in LE build minus wheels, wrapped dash and badges, and then I'll take which ever one lands first.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
*IF* they start building the end of the month (which they have been saying for several months now), are they building them in one shot, or taking 2 months to build them? You can't have both. Below is an earlier analysis I had posted.

If they are really building them "in one shot", and they are making at least 250 JTs a day, they should be able to knock out ~1200 Granite LEs in a week.

If they (continue) to slow roll the build of the earliest customer paid orders, it would take ~3 months if ~5% of builds are Granite LEs. Two months to build them is completely reasonable, but definitely not "in one shot.

So, I tried to run some numbers today. A whole lotta what ifs/assumptions, but this is what I'm seeing as possible (even if not desired).

In this post (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...more-yet-to-be-built.18346/page-2#post-278430), based on a couple of reference points, it looks like Granite made up 28-30% of LE orders. Based on that they would build ~1200 Granite LEs.

Heard numbers of 75k JTs per year. That would be ~6200/mo, or ~250 a day with ~25 work days/mo (heard somewhere else 50 per hour, so maybe that's conservative).

Fulfilling the early LE orders has NOT been a priority for Jeep, as seen by other LE color deliveries. I mean, even the $100k contest winner got their check well before they got their LE (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...launch-edition-100k-winner.17304/#post-282917). Assuming ~5% of the builds are actually LEs, that would be ~310/month. That means it would take over 3 months to build the Granite LEs. So even if they started building them this week, it's possible some won't be built until October, and may not see VINs until close to then. Jeep may surprise us, but lately it's been mostly disappointment.
Sponsored