Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
If the bed is anything like my 14 RAM 1500, drilling/mounting will be fine. As long as you don't drill into something directly underneath the bed of course. I put a 4 single etrack mounts requiring two bolts each. They are to transport a couple of dirtbikes without the need for straps. No issues so far.

IMG_20190309_125017.jpg

IMG_20190309_125027.jpg

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
...I put a 4 single etrack mounts requiring two bolts each. They are to transport a couple of dirtbikes without the need for straps....
Interesting device - it looks like you push the front tire into the corner of the bed to keep it from moving back and forth? It also would seem to stop the back end hopping around. Sometimes I'd get lazy and not tie down the rear tire and when blasting down a road it would bounce around.

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
Interesting device - it looks like you push the front tire into the corner of the bed to keep it from moving back and forth? It also would seem to stop the back end hopping around. Sometimes I'd get lazy and not tie down the rear tire and when blasting down a road it would bounce around.
The tire being in the corner is just how it ended up. The footpeg tie downs are called "Bike Binderz.". Highly recommended though pricey. The owner is a stand up guy. They do compress the suspension just enough to where the front tire doesn't move much and certainly the rear isn't going anywhere.

Takes about 15 seconds to tie down the bike with those... Really nice. No more straps everywhere.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Anytime you are drilling through or attaching to sheet/gauge metal if possible you want bolt through with added support behind the sheet to distribute the load over a wider area, resulting in the bed being sandwiched between the fastened device and the reinforcement you put on the back side.

Do not attach anything with screws that are going to be loaded even modestly. They WILL pull out and loosen with time and frequently the bed will crack around them.

Make sure your added support matches the bed contours, do not expect it or the bed to conform under pressure (because they will and then your shit will be loose). Good prep and proper fitment and mods will last forever. Mild steel strapping in 1/8" to 1/4" is easily worked and very inexpensive.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.