Glad Grandpa Firecracker Red LE Build

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
Hey G’pa, I’m not a big guy, 5’9” and don’t want the Lord Farquaard syndrome. I noticed that you don’t have any step on the sides and have a 2” lift. Any issues getting in or out for your grandchildren who are probably the same size as I am? By the way my boys are 6’2 and 6’3. Tall wife.:involve:

Also, when you removed the bumper ends did you have to buy those finished ends?

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Hey G’pa, I’m not a big guy, 5’9” and don’t want the Lord Farquaard syndrome. I noticed that you don’t have any step on the sides and have a 2” lift. Any issues getting in or out for your grandchildren who are probably the same size as I am? By the way my boys are 6’2 and 6’3. Tall wife.:involve:

Also, when you removed the bumper ends did you have to buy those finished ends?
I have Rockslide Engineering steps ordered! They are needed for Nana!! Stubby ends are finished, just needed to remove the ends!

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Any chance the documentation for the crossbars mentioned weight capacity? Can't seem to get an accurate number anywhere.....

Installed the Mopar cross bars on the rail system. You have to start them in the front of the box in the slots shown in picture. I was able to leave the tonneau cover on but had to move it all forward.
64DAEE3C-9650-40EE-9C89-4D8B35006B37.jpeg
]

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
Any chance the documentation for the crossbars mentioned weight capacity? Can't seem to get an accurate number anywhere.....
I believe it is 165 lbs as it is made by Thule. I'll check tonight if the documentation has that info.

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Le Mars, Iowa - Ice Cream Capital of the World! We were lifelong Iowans up until about 14 months ago when we moved to NC. We were in Des Moines and most recently in Iowa City. We do miss it!

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Le Mars, Iowa - Ice Cream Capital of the World! We were lifelong Iowans up until about 14 months ago when we moved to NC. We were in Des Moines and most recently in Iowa City. We do miss it!
You miss the ice cream or the corn? :CWL::LOL::CWL:

Sponsored

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AVS bug shield.
I know everyone has an opinion on bug shields, but I've never heard any specific to the flatter windshield of Wrangler/Gladiator...thoughts on benefits? This AVS appears to be great looking....

OP
OP
Pat2Alaska

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Jedi
I know everyone has an opinion on bug shields, but I've never heard any specific to the flatter windshield of Wrangler/Gladiator...thoughts on benefits? This AVS appears to be great looking....
My intention with this is two-fold, appearance and prevent rock chips on leading edge of hood. I have no expectation that it will help keep anything off my windshield!!

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My intention with this is two-fold, appearance and prevent rock chips on leading edge of hood. I have no expectation that it will help keep anything off my windshield!!
one more question if you don't mind....is that an adhesive strip version or a bolt on version?

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
@Pat2Alaska

Do you like the alien sunshade?
Close to pulling the trigger on one, getting sunburn is bad!
Sponsored