Sponsored

Alpine premium system-how many speakers?

Kelroundell

First Name
Kel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (white) 2012 Buick Enclave
Sorry to ask but how many speakers are there and where? Sorry I’ve looked everywhere to find out exactly what the system consists of.
Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
And it sounds F’n AMAZING!!!
I cant speak for how they sound in a JT since I do t have mine yet. However, in our JL, not worth the extra cost compared to the stock speakers. The extra bass is definitely not worth $1200.

Maybe different in a JT with a smaller cab. However, the bass drivers in the JT I assume will be smaller since there is less room to fit. I still dont think it is worth $1200. Also. When driving at speed... say 50mph+ the additional noise seeping in the cabin makes it difficult to truly appreciate a good sound system. Save your money towards other mods. If I could do over again, I would not choose to "upgrade" (term used very loosely) to the Alpine speaker system.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Sorry to ask but how many speakers are there and where? Sorry I’ve looked everywhere to find out exactly what the system consists of.
If you havent placed your order yet, I highly suggest you sit in a JT equipped with the Alpine speakers and without. Even if you are not an audiophile, you will not here much difference in how the speakers deliver mids and highs. Only the lows since the Alpine system comes with an additional bass driver. Now imagine listening to your music at speed with all of the outside noise interference since the Jeep's cabin does an awful job with sound isolation. You will hear very minimal difference between the upgraded Alpines vs Stock. I dont know what type of music you listen to but if you are a bass head , Then you know you can Install an aftermarket bass unit for far less than $1200.

Sponsored

PackerBacker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S w/Max Tow
I consider myself someone that appreciates fine speakers (but not an audiophile), and I totally agree with sitting in a JT with and without the Alpines but for the opposite reason of others on here. I had a JLU Wrangler Sahara with the crap stock speakers and recently bought a JT that was pre-spec’d and in the lot and happened to have the Alpine. I know the space is smaller in JT vs the JLU, but I have been amazed at how the Alpines sound compared to the JL stocks. I ended up buying the 4x Kicker speakers that were shown on the JL forum and that made the sound in the JL tolerable, but hardly good.
I know that plenty of people can do aftermarket solutions that sound way better for <$1295, but that is not my area of expertise.
Btw, listen to Sirius XM or something of slightly higher quality than FM signal to really hear the difference between the stock and Alpines. If the JT makes things better or you can’t hear a difference, then more power to ya!

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
I had the 28-speaker 900 watt Harmon Kardon system in my SRT for 5 years, cranked it daily. This Alpine system outperforms it! Do you lose audio quality and deeper bass with the top/doors off? Yes. No matter what system you go with (stock or upgrade) you’re going to lose some quality but right out the box without having to install one wire...totally worth it for me. This is coming from a guy with a 4000 watt system on his boat ;)

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I cant speak for how they sound in a JT since I do t have mine yet. However, in our JL, not worth the extra cost compared to the stock speakers. The extra bass is definitely not worth $1200.

I agree. If I could do it over again, I would have spent the $1,300 elsewhere on the order sheet. The Alpine system is a major disappointment.

I came from a JLU with the standard system, and this Alpine system sounds EXACTLY the same with the only difference being some added thump from the sub at volumes below 14. Above 14 it starts to rattle and sound ghetto.

You could literally take the standard system, add a $300 amp and sub, and have the exact same thing Jeep is selling for $1,300.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I had the 28-speaker 900 watt Harmon Kardon system in my SRT for 5 years, cranked it daily. This Alpine system outperforms it! Do you lose audio quality and deeper bass with the top/doors off? Yes. No matter what system you go with (stock or upgrade) you’re going to lose some quality but right out the box without having to install one wire...totally worth it for me. This is coming from a guy with a 4000 watt system on his boat ;)
Sounds like a good party!!

Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I agree. If I could do it over again, I would have spent the $1,300 elsewhere on the order sheet. The Alpine system is a major disappointment.

I came from a JLU with the standard system, and this Alpine system sounds EXACTLY the same with the only difference being some added thump from the sub at volumes below 14. Above 14 it starts to rattle and sound ghetto.

You could literally take the standard system, add a $300 amp and sub, and have the exact same thing Jeep is selling for $1,300.
Where exactly are you putting that sub?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Where exactly are you putting that sub?
Same location as the OE unit or under a seat are the typical spots. Or, a guy could get creative.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I test drove both the Overland and Rubicon with the Alpine system, it sounded awesome in both compared to my wife's new Acura MDX! Definitelly recommend it!

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I'm reading two camps here, one says "It sounds great!" and the other says "It's not $1200 worth of great." I think there is room for those to mean the same thing though. The question is, are you willing to take the time to make your own great for less than $1200.

There is a 3rd group, "It sucks." which is definitely an option as well. I do wonder if those that swear on its awesomeness are just good at finding value in everything they spent money on to justify that expenditure. I imagine even if they sound amazing, you can still make them sound that amazing or more so for less than $1200. Its a tiny cabin and speaker placement is the same no matter what. Buy better speakers, buy an amp, apply sound deadening strips on the roof/doors/floor and you're golden.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
So is it a question of how many speakers, or the larger screen? If you get the larger screen the alpine system is only a few hundred dollars more.$300 to be sure. So if you need to qualify the value, get the larger screen, and then get the alpine system because upgrading the speakers is not as easy as just throwing a subwoofer in there.
Sponsored