Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Looks like I ordered right after you - 133753

Checked Jeep Chat this morning - still in JB :headbang:
I know there have been issues in JB... does anyone have a definitive explanation as to the build ups in JB status?
Mine was in JB for 3 days, but the only thing I would have had installed there would be the bedliner.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Welp, Last Friday I was put in D1 (7/12), checked again today and now I am back in D somehow. The person on jeep chat said they see me scheduled to be put into D1 next week.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Well, received word from my dealer,
VIN assigned and currently in D status.
That was all in a space of one day!
Pretty promising. I will have patience.
"Welcome to the party pal!"

UCF33

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Ordered
Updated to Inspection Status today. Ordered 6.23 with painted flares and dual-top, black.

Right in line with the other recent posts - 133847

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
I know there have been issues in JB... does anyone have a definitive explanation as to the build ups in JB status?
Think of JB where they put the things on that you can add to a Jeep that is already built. Things like bedliners, bluetooth speakers, floor mats, etc.

There aren't necessarily issues. It is just that if they can build a Jeep they will, even if they don't have all the parts that get installed in JB. So sometimes Jeeps build up in JB waiting on parts.

I've been watching this process for like 6 model years. People spend a lot of effort trying to figure out what the different hold ups are and by the time they do it has already changed. It will make you crazy. The way I see it there are 2 choices:

1 - avoid adding a bunch of Mopar extras you can buy later. It adds to your finance cost and could slow down your build.

2 - Get exactly what you want and don't worry about it. A few extra weeks in the scheme of things doesn't really matter.

I recommend option 2.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Mine’s been in JB for 10 days now. The only options I ordered were black hard top, auto transmission, 8.4 radio, and the forced bedliner.

TaylorWoodham

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Ordered - 6/24
D1 - 7/15
D - 7/19

...I’m going backwards lol

Gobills007

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Think of JB where they put the things on that you can add to a Jeep that is already built. Things like bedliners, bluetooth speakers, floor mats, etc.

There aren't necessarily issues. It is just that if they can build a Jeep they will, even if they don't have all the parts that get installed in JB. So sometimes Jeeps build up in JB waiting on parts.

I've been watching this process for like 6 model years. People spend a lot of effort trying to figure out what the different hold ups are and by the time they do it has already changed. It will make you crazy. The way I see it there are 2 choices:

1 - avoid adding a bunch of Mopar extras you can buy later. It adds to your finance cost and could slow down your build.

2 - Get exactly what you want and don't worry about it. A few extra weeks in the scheme of things doesn't really matter.

I recommend option 2.
I hear ya...I just thought I ordered far enough in advance that I wouldn’t have to worry about being without a vehicle. I have a lease that has to be turned in. When I ordered the dealership said 5-6 weeks...now they are saying we are on track but things can get held up in JB for a few weeks.

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just talked to my dealer. He said mine is in route to the dealership in Arlington, TX! Hopefully I'll get to see her and take her home in the next few days! :like::clap::jk:

Sponsored

MyFRAGisFUBAR

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Jeep JKU, 97 TJ
Just got an update from Travis. He said my JT should hit Winston Salem NC on the 26th and be at the dealership with a week of that. You hate to wish your life away, but speeding up about 10 days wouldn't be so bad right?

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
Just got an update from Travis. He said my JT should hit Winston Salem NC on the 26th and be at the dealership with a week of that. You hate to wish your life away, but speeding up about 10 days wouldn't be so bad right?
Mine is due in Winston Salem on 7/24. ;) I'm hoping to pick up by the 29th. Going on vacation on the 30th. Long shot i'm sure...

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
Finally D1 after 30 days in D!

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Day 11 in "D". Ugh.

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just talked with Chat and mine is in KZ T now! Whoo hoo!! Toledo to Dallas! C'mon baby! DRIVE THAT TRAIN! :clap:
Sponsored