First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
So I was trying to determine which makes more sense in the long run. From what I understand, Ceramic Coating is:

1) Somewhat Pricey (I've heard anywhere from $500-2k)
2) Variable in terms of coverage, warranty, and product effectiveness
3) Beautiful if properly applied
4) Helpful in limiting chips/scratches to your paint?

That being said, I would love to hear more from the members here who have had the ceramic coating done. I'm looking for Price, Warranty, and who did it. I don't really want to know how it went with your gladiator, I'm more interested in the lasting (4-5yrs) effects of the product.

In my experience, I have never done ceramic coating. I just wash normally, Clay Bar the car 1x/yr, and then wax and polish 1x/yr. I use "Gliptone" products (Local company near me) and for everything, I'm under $100, which will last me 2 years. That seems to cover my bases for a nice looking finish. While I get it's not going to "protect" from a hardness standpoint, it more than does the job of getting all the garbage out of the clear coat (and keep it out) while keeping the surface smooth as the day it was painted.

It seems as though one of the most expensive add-ons will be the Ceramic if I need to go that route, so I want to be sure there's not a product that will compete with it for a fraction of the cost.
Sponsored

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
I did a full write up of the ceramic coating process I had done to my Gladiator Rubicon here...I need to post a video of water beading off the truck, it’s insane. I’m a month in and have zero regrets! Find a reputable shop, then talk to/see/feel customer vehicles who have had their vehicle done at that shop. You want to find one of these shops where the guys applying it have actually gone offsite for training. Also...Make sure the shop does paint correction prior to ceramic coating.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...headed-to-buy-it-now.17569/page-2#post-268699

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
I uploaded a quick vid - check it out!

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I did a full write up of the ceramic coating process I had done to my Gladiator Rubicon here...I need to post a video of water beading off the truck, it’s insane. I’m a month in and have zero regrets! Find a reputable shop, then talk to/see/feel customer vehicles who have had their vehicle done at that shop. You want to find one of these shops where the guys applying it have actually gone offsite for training. Also...Make sure the shop does paint correction prior to ceramic coating.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...headed-to-buy-it-now.17569/page-2#post-268699
This is awesome. I’ve been meaning to ask something similar. I’ve got a guy here locally that comes very well recommended and is affordable, I’ve been debating whether or not to do it.

jpfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Sport S
I went with Mothers CMX. It’s a spray on wipe off “ceramic” coating. I’m not sure how well it will hold up compared to the professional stuff but it repels water really well. I used a clay bar on it first and did 3 coats after that. It took some time/work but I’m happy with the results.

Sponsored

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
I went with Mothers CMX. It’s a spray on wipe off “ceramic” coating. I’m not sure how well it will hold up compared to the professional stuff but it repels water really well. I used a clay bar on it first and did 3 coats after that. It took some time/work but I’m happy with the results.
Anything off the shelf will only perform so well...but if you’re happy with the results, awesome! Lots of products out there claiming to be ceramic or nanoceramic but it’s kinda like the modern day “cure all” CBD hype:CWL:

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
@WakesurfVT so after doing this do you strictly hand wash?
Yessir...check out the double bucket wash method from The Chemical Guys! I bought a foam cannon from them, it’s pretty fun to use although I don’t use it for every hand wash. I’m also a big advocate for touchless car washes after the ceramic coating process, especially thinking it will be key for winter washings.

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales

MiMoore85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 S65 AMG
I guess I'll chime in with my $.02. My Gladiator is currently with my detailing guy getting Ceramic Pro applied (after paint correction).

This is my sixth vehicle I'm having coated, so I'm definitely a believer. Everything cleans off so much easier and the extra gloss in the paint is noticeable.

I think my price for the Gladiator is $700, but I'm getting the two year package (it's a lease). I paid $1000 for a 5 year package on my S65, and it was the same price on my other sedans. I had a 2500 Silverado that he charged $1250, but that thing was way bigger than anything else.

For washing, I almost strictly use Optimum No Rinse with the two bucket wash now. I don't have experience with the Gladiator yet, but I can wash my S Class in 20 minutes and it looks great when I'm done. I used to use microfiber towels, but recently picked up the Optimum sponge thing and it seems to work well with less washing of microfiber.

Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
So I was trying to determine which makes more sense in the long run. From what I understand, Ceramic Coating is:

That being said, I would love to hear more from the members here who have had the ceramic coating done. I'm looking for Price, Warranty, and who did it. I don't really want to know how it went with your gladiator, I'm more interested in the lasting (4-5yrs) effects of the product.

In my experience, I have never done ceramic coating. I just wash normally, Clay Bar the car 1x/yr, and then wax and polish 1x/yr. I use "Gliptone" products (Local company near me) and for everything, I'm under $100, which will last me 2 years. That seems to cover my bases for a nice looking finish. While I get it's not going to "protect" from a hardness standpoint, it more than does the job of getting all the garbage out of the clear coat (and keep it out) while keeping the surface smooth as the day it was painted.

It seems as though one of the most expensive add-ons will be the Ceramic if I need to go that route, so I want to be sure there's not a product that will compete with it for a fraction of the cost.
There are numerous YouTube real world tests comparing ceramic to other protectants... generally ceramic appears to be a con.
$10 a bottle Turtlewax Ice “Seal & Shine” our performs, and outlasts, so called “Ceramic” applications, repeatedly in multi month, non sponsored, real world comparison tests! ;{

JT_Ollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBB BMW M2, SG Jeep Gladiator
I did 2 coats of cquartz 3.0. Cost me $50 and a few hours of time. I think my coats were too thin or the JT surface area is less when compared to a car? Becuase I have half a bottle left still. We will see how it holds up. The sting gray is so flat it's hard to tell there's even a coating on but feels slick

IMG_1675.JPG

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
There are numerous YouTube real world tests comparing ceramic to other protectants... generally ceramic appears to be a con.
$10 a bottle Turtlewax Ice “Seal & Shine” our performs, and outlasts, so called “Ceramic” applications, repeatedly in multi month, non sponsored, real world comparison tests! ;{
I used the Seal and Shine tonight. The car looks fantastic. We'll see how it holds up.

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
I've only used seal and shine for about 4 months now but it is fantastic compared to everything else I have used. It still looks great and I used to have to reapply a good carnauba wax every other month and this still beads up better than the carnauba. I don't usually wash my vehicle until its dirty or stops beading up and I haven't had to wash nearly as often as I used to with the paste wax. I am sold on seal and shine.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
If you want help with cups and scratches beyond swirls, you want clear bra.

Sponsored