Who Has The Tan Cloth Interior?

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I want the tan cloth interior (Sport S). Unfortunately I also want the Gobi exterior. I don't think they will work well together. But I don't want all black interior more than I want the Gobi, so I'm thinking Gator.

Seems like not many have the tan. How are you liking it? What color exterior? Do you plan on seat covers? What are any perceived disadvantages of the tan?
Sponsored

Professor57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2020 Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Keeping an eye on this thread. I’m thinking Gator Green with tan cloth too. I’d like to hear about experiences with the tan cloth too.

fourlow78

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 J10, '20 Gladiator Rubicon, '62 Ford Fairlane
Vehicle Showcase
I want the tan cloth interior (Sport S). Unfortunately I also want the Gobi exterior. I don't think they will work well together. But I don't want all black interior more than I want the Gobi, so I'm thinking Gator.

Seems like not many have the tan. How are you liking it? What color exterior? Do you plan on seat covers? What are any perceived disadvantages of the tan?

Tan on tan is what I was hoping for too. Would like to see one in person before I order one up. I did drive a Sport with the tan interior, but the Jeep obviously wasn't Gobi. Guess I'll continue to wait like everyone else.

ScottV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S

Tan cloth interior, red exterior (our choice, ordered from factory). We think it looks very classy in this combination. I also like the look of the "black and tan" interior (much of interior is still black -- dash, console, mats, etc., and we like the way it looks with the tan). There's enough black everywhere else for my taste. Also, the tan doesn't burn you when you sit down after leaving it topless in the sun (the black console is another matter). Now, part of that may be due to the material rather than the color, but the lighter color certainly helps. Finally, we have a horse with white hair, which doesn't show nearly as much with the tan seats vs. black. My profile pic includes the Gladiator, but I don't know how much of the seats you can see. You might also try to find a Wrangler with similar color options to get an idea (maybe dealer has one on the lot).

I don't plan on seat covers yet. Don't see any disadvantages to the tan so far. Good luck choosing!

OP
OP

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red with tan is a terrific look for sure.

I saw a YooToob vid where a reviewer said if one were doing any mudding then the tan would be a terrible choice. Can't see where he was coming from on that.

Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Should be getting my Sting-Gray with tan in the next couple weeks (hopefully next week)

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I’m just going to wander in here and start ranting.

Jeep, if you are going to offer a tan interior option why is it not carried through out? Door cards, dash trim, console etc. a snappy tan/khaki top and trim would make blue and red pop, white would look very regal safari, grey would look subdued, black would look gentlemanly sporting and the green would be very throwback tacit-cool but not mall ninja. Pair it with a oiled leather carpet and it would look great most of the time. Carry over some more exterior paint color to the interior and suddenly we have a rich and dynamic interior worth the money.

Big deep breaths...

So yeah, they could do more to make tan cooler.

swampy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Willys Wheeler Wrangler, JT Sport S ordered
Waiting on my black Sport S with tan seats. I'm thinking of doing the hotheads headliner in oak. I think that will look like and balance the black interior parts and the exterior with the tan shades. My wife and I have always liked the look of tan seats and so ordered that way since we got to pick.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004

Have you seen the Tan Cloth ? I have just a few days ago . . . and I really Like it ! I's seen the Tan Leather a month ago via in show room & out on the Lot (topless) Overland . I took pictures - on another thread . The Cloth, being it's Cloth, will NOT change its coloration as does the Leather -- because of the nature of it being able to absorb the light whereas leather reflects light . It's similar to the leather in its "natural indoors" iteration . Medium dark TAN (Not a paler skin tone) - I Like it and it will be my choice and also my choice in the Gator exterior . These 2 "Earth Tones" will go well together . Like you I think (not sure) the Gobi will be too similar yet clashing or shall I say competing of your eyes attention ! Follow ? The Tan will go nicely with the darker Grays & Blacks . . . not so much with the white, silver or oddball colors (mojito etcetera, sorry fans of !) . I like Earth tones . . . was disappointed jeep didn't have a brown or tan interior on the WK2 Recon Green 75th editions !

As a side . . . the RAM DT Big Horn can be had in a, IMO, very nice Black Brown Interior Cloth ! ! It too is what I would of gotten had I decided to go DT instead of JL or JT in 2019/20 !

Sponsored

OP
OP

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw the tan cloth once after hours at the local dealership. Truck was locked. Apparently it was only there a day or two. Manager told me he had to dealer trade it to close a deal on a Grand Cherokee or some such. He was none too happy about it either. AND it was a stick.

There's a white Sport S with tan at a dealer 30-45 minutes from me. They close at 7:00 pm (makes sense, huh? . . . especially in summer). I'll not go out of my way to deal with them.

I suppose I could go with the Gobi that I really want with either the black or tan interior and add some olive seat covers. Not a bad idea, really.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I saw the tan cloth once after hours at the local dealership. Truck was locked. Apparently it was only there a day or two. Manager told me he had to dealer trade it to close a deal on a Grand Cherokee or some such. He was none too happy about it either. AND it was a stick.

There's a white Sport S with tan at a dealer 30-45 minutes from me. They close at 7:00 pm (makes sense, huh? . . . especially in summer). I'll not go out of my way to deal with them.

I suppose I could go with the Gobi that I really want with either the black or tan interior and add some olive seat covers. Not a bad idea, really.
I'll make this alternate suggestion (again), as I have in the past on other similar threads -- With the lighter Tan Cloth you can Dye the cloth - I suggest having it done "professionally" . I've considered this as a future possibility, if I'm finding the tan to get too dirty too quickly . Possibly a Darker ("rich") Brown ?

OP
OP

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe, but seat covers keep the original interior nice and are easily replaced.

I don't know nuffin' 'bout dyin' seats . . .

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Red with tan is a terrific look for sure.

I saw a YooToob vid where a reviewer said if one were doing any mudding then the tan would be a terrible choice. Can't see where he was coming from on that.
If you get mud on the interior and you can’t clean it completely, the tan cloth will show stains more. Think of it like an oil stain on a shirt.

Now if we’re talking leather, I agree with you.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur