Sponsored

Simone Giertz is the best!! lol TESLA PICKUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
i was just about to post this......i've been beaten. Sweet video.
I think that video will make her a household name. The one person Iā€™m surprised was not a part of this is Adam Savage. I wonder if his obligations to Discovery didnā€™t let him partake of this amazingness.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Meh. I am not sold on it I guess - I didn't see anything on how they maintained and increased the structural integrity, rigidity, load capacity for the bed and how it can carry tons of plywood? If it is just putting a bed in the back and it might mess up something else then you just ruined a functional Tesla. I would think there is more to converting a car into a truck than just cutting it and adding a bed... what if you get rear ended how will it affect the car/truck? I feel like it is a cool hobby project but more gimmicky with $$ to burn... When I was watching that V8 upgrade on the Gladiator they pretty much redo the frame and build bottom up to reinforce everything for the extra power. I would have thought these guys might have to do something like that as well for the payload capacity?

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Meh. I am not sold on it I guess - I didn't see anything on how they maintained and increased the structural integrity, rigidity, load capacity for the bed and how it can carry tons of plywood? If it is just putting a bed in the back and it might mess up something else then you just ruined a functional Tesla. I would think there is more to converting a car into a truck than just cutting it and adding a bed... what if you get rear ended how will it affect the car/truck? I feel like it is a cool hobby project but more gimmicky with $$ to burn... When I was watching that V8 upgrade on the Gladiator they pretty much redo the frame and build bottom up to reinforce everything for the extra power. I would have thought these guys might have to do something like that as well for the payload capacity?
Pure gimmickry in my opinion. It looks like a quick skin job to me and the real structural considerations SleepyJeep brought up are significant. Her money, her Tesla, so she is free to do as she likes. Putting it on YouTube invites comments so she should be prepared for the negative responses. Maybe it was the foul rants about big oil that outweighed any charm she had. Clearly she doesnā€™t understand the full scope of oil companies within the global economy and all they bring. Though Iā€™m in Houston, I work in the tech sector, not energy. Iā€™m not defending any company out of self interest, just looking at things objectively.

Watching this young lady reminded me of a ā€œman on the streetā€ interview about the bad financial troubles the family farms were having back in the ā€˜70s. When asked about her opinion on the farmersā€™ plight, a woman responded, ā€œ it really doesnā€™t matter to me. I get my food from the grocery store.ā€

A lot of people are slow. Some people will never get there at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
It's absolutely a gimmick... or maybe a publicity stunt. That's what the internet is about these days, no?
Is she really going to load it up with plywood? No... not at all... she doesn't work with plywood much anyway. She might do it for a picture or two... It's a conversation piece. Isn't that what most of the automotive industry is about anyway?

It was just fun to watch. Do I think it really works? No, not at all. LoL.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
pretty sweet. i can't wait to see all these new electric trucks coming out!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.