Sponsored

Up to 7% off in Idaho

Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Why would you want to reamortize? If you make a big payment on month 1, you are only paying interest on the remaining balance for months 2+ and would pay off the loan before the end of the term. Reamortize would only reduce your monthly payment but keep the same higher interest rate. If that's a big deal, just wait the 6 months and refi the loan with your local credit union at a lower interest rate. That would cost you far less in the long term than keeping a high interest rate for several years.
You are right. It is definitely cheaper over the long term to refinance than keep a high interest rate. I am going to double check something, but I was under the impression that re-amortizing is a way to lower your monthly payment on your bill while not affecting your credit score for the first 6 months if you wanted that flexibility.
Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
They offered you $500 for Rubicon takeoff wheels AND tires? No thank you.
Not often that I quote myself, but I’ll retract the above comment...

As I’m picking up my Gladiator next week, Derik at Peterson reached out re: accessories.

Been considering tires and he offered me $500 credit for the set of 4 or 5 (incl spare) tires - OEM stock 285/70R17 Rubicon Falken Wildpeak Mud Terrains - that came on my Gladiator.

The $500 credit is for TIRES ONLY. So I took him up on the offer. My rationale:
  • OEM 285 sized tires cost $200/each (Amazon).

• New Rubicon take-off tires AND wheels fetch $900/set. And takeoff Rubicon wheels-only fetch $500. So brand new takeoff tires only have maybe a $400 market value.

• My tires will have no less than 1K miles on them when I’m ready to sell. They will certainly be worth less than brand new take-off tires bc of the miles driven.

• Selling used tires will be a pain...list online and coordinate showing just to get haggled down to <$500.

• Hauling 5 tires back home from ID stopping overnight multiple times means someone likely will steal the tires from the bed (no cover).

• New tires were (almost) price matched to Amazon.

• New tires come with factory road hazard warranty that any Jeep dealer will honor. Tire warranty cost was price matched to Discount Tire (~$35 per tire).

And Derik will reprogram the TPMS for the 35” tire change ($125). I’m fairly certain a tire shop will not do that for you. While I could just buy the Tazer and reprogram it myself but need this to be turnkey for now (I’ll buy a Tazer later anyway).

Really didn’t want to go 37s as that would require lift and re-gearing. Not to mention the hit to mileage and driveline stress on a brand new truck.

Considered all kinds of different 35” tires - Nitto, BFG, GY, Toyo, Yoko, Milestar and Falken. Really wanted a M/T tire instead of A/T. Lastly, didn’t want to drop a small fortune on tires.

So I’m staying with Falken Wildpeak M/Ts but going 35x12.5s. Would have gone 11.5s but Falken doesn’t make it in a 35 for 17” wheels.

From my perspective, Jeep did a fair amount of work in selecting this tire for capability on/off road, towing, ride, noise, longevity and mileage. So I’ll start here which gives me plenty of time to think about other tires and sizes down the road...

UPDATE: At 1,000 miles the Falken tire in the larger 35x12.5R17 drives great, rides great, quiet, very good on-road dry traction and excellent off-road traction in sand (almost too good) and rocks.

Last edited:

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Can’t say enough good things about Kent and his pricing program. Same goes for Derik in Parts and Jeremy in Finance. No pressure and no bait-and-switch...simply the best purchase transaction I’ve ever done!

Picked up my Gladiator this past Friday in Nampa and driving it back to Los Angeles.

It’s a mildly optioned Rubicon (automatic, tow pkg, bed liner, active safety, all weather mats)...and upgraded to 35” Falkens and Black Satin Grille before leaving dealership.

I’m not home yet and I’ve had the Gladiator on sand dunes and (a very short section of) The Rubicon already!

The Jeep is a hit with my two boys making the trip with me. And I have to say I’m very satisfied with my purchase. :)

82964A3F-6845-431D-A1D1-20998302D3E4.jpeg

329F6B5E-D11C-46CC-9551-FF8786B17B03.jpeg

57D963FB-56B3-46B3-896D-293B5E1B91FD.jpeg

69965CF0-37E5-4F04-A183-3685F534CBF3.jpeg

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I sent Kent an email last Thursday. Hoping to hear back soon. I'm starting to hit some brick walls locally.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
I sent Kent an email last Thursday. Hoping to hear back soon. I'm starting to hit some brick walls locally.
Yep I shot him an email on Friday night for the same reasons! Hopefully we will here from him soon.

What's his average turnaround time on placing the order and taking delivery?

Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
What's his average turnaround time on placing the order and taking delivery?
Keep in mind Kent is a busy guy...he and his team are managing OVER 300 Gladiator orders. He has two communication assistants but they don’t get assigned to you until AFTER your order is placed.

My suggestion is that you send him an email with your exact list of options. Use the Jeep site to confirm option #s and how some options trigger other packages/options to be forced as well. Just a generic message otherwise is tire-kicking...but (in my opinion) an exact list of options and a question about who do I give a deposit to says I’m serious and ready to place the order.

It may take a couple days, but he will email you back to confirm everything and walk you through the -7% of invoice pricing. If you are happy he asks for a couple of signatures and secures a $1,000 deposit. One he places the order (same day for me), he will get back to you with your VON. Along the way his communication assistants provide periodic status updates and answer questions for you.

The amount of time it takes to get your Gladiator to the dealer has many variables out of his control. Mostly based on the factory securing all your parts before starting the build, any vendor installed options at the factory, QC and shipping.

You should expect 8 - 10 weeks to arrive at the dealer. If it arrives earlier that’s a bonus.

Redlab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Thank you to Kent, Derik, Jeremy, and Ari at Peterson in Nampa. Picked up my JT Sport this weekend and could not be happier. They were first class all the way. So helpful in putting this order together. Even picked me up at the airport and Iwas in and out of the dealer in 90 minutes. Have never enjoyed a 9 hour drive home more. Thank you!

134134E9-8A78-4E34-B76E-D90258075F61.jpeg

B9206B61-8F35-4EF4-8412-3D2559AB2FBD.jpeg

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Thank you to Kent, Derik, Jeremy, and Ari at Peterson in Nampa. Picked up my JT Sport this weekend and could not be happier. They were first class all the way. So helpful in putting this order together. Even picked me up at the airport and Iwas in and out of the dealer in 90 minutes. Have never enjoyed a 9 hour drive home more. Thank you!

What options did you get? What lift? Rims look like powder coated mopar? Tires and size? Bumper? and finally is that aftermarket leather? Very nice ride-congrats!

Redlab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
What options did you get? What lift? Rims look like powder coated mopar? Tires and size? Bumper? and finally is that aftermarket leather? Very nice ride-congrats!
35” Nitto grapplers with 18” XD 140 recon wheels, mopar 2” lift, Katzkin mahogany perforated leather seats, and mopar steel bumper.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Lot of pages. Anyone have the email for the other Idaho dealer. Not Kent I emailed him already.

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Anyone have Derik in parts at Peterson's email?

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible

Wow that leather is gorgeous. Good choice!

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
@kayakmike is that your truck in your pic? Did it finally arrive?

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Thank you. I don't need to email him actually now. Just found out you cant add the heated and cooled seats from katskins to the gladiator so that made my decision to buy factory leather easy.
Sponsored