Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Not making excuses for Jeep... or the lack of their openness about the issues with Granite... I'm certainly not shooting you any line of BS either. Completely agree they "Should" have known... As for Mucho Dollars, metallic paint (and especially repairs) in a private shop cost more to color match, which is what I was referring to... Obviously a large scale operation is more cost effective and they can spread cost out across the board... Painting a (Metallic colored) vehicle as one unit is the proper way to go for metallic paints, painting items separately (using different processes) is just asking for trouble. I've done enough painting to know the problems metallic colors can cause.... If I had to guess, I'd say Jeep has subbed them out for one contractor to paint them as a unit with the same equipment to correct the paint issues....

Last I heard the Punkin metallic's actual production date had been pushed back 60 days to get the Granite orders done first... but we can't trust Jeep to give us the straight scoop....on anything apparently!
Punk'N Metallic orders are getting VINs assigned a few days after ordering. Think that 60 day delay for Punk'N was just a bad rumor. Granite LEs STILL aren't getting VINs assigned 16 weeks after orders were placed. If Jeep had any clear plan about actually producing Granite, we would have VINs/D status (and get stuck there 30-60 days like others have seen). Sure sounds like Granite Crystal Metallic production continue to get kicked down the line with no definitive plan to start producing. If @jctnt1 actually got a VIN assigned, maybe we are starting to see some movement from Jeep.

Think we are all really getting tired of this. Looking at the latest list I started last week, 5 people have bailed on Granite LEs in the last week alone. We are really getting tired of waiting with no clear path forward from Jeep. Also telling from this list, nearly everyone who bailed on Granite LEs just got another color LE, so Jeep knows they aren't losing any sales from dragging their feet, so there is no motivation for them to fix this situation or give us any real status.

Who's left on the Granite Crystal Metallic wait list? Had a few more drop in the last week or two...

LEs (all C status): @BillyBob, @gsxr310, @HikerBob, @jctnt1, @jncomatrix, @Jprepp, @kayakmike, @Magnus Rudis, @Michaelamici, @panic1372, @Rubicon Bob, @Skyler7381, @Spyder, @terrordbn, @tanman, @VVRRRMM, @WildJD

Non-LEs:
  • @chickencalada (Rubi, manual, LEDs, Towing, Bedliner, Cold Weather, 8.4" Screen, Safety, Tonneau, Cargo) D status 6/13
  • @ScottA (Rubi, color fenders, black dual top) D1 status 7/15
  • @homerun (Rubi, manual, color fenders, black dual top) D status 7/15
  • @sog (Sport S, manual) F status 7/15
  • @Beerbreedreverend, (Rubi manual black top/fenders 8.4 aux switches trail rail cloth interior)
Granite LE RIP list:
4/26: @Jeepznthingz -> White LE
4/26: @pilotpat -> White LE
4/26: @robbyr1000 -> White LE
6/28: @nate320 -> Black LE
7/3: @Rebel JT -> TBD
7/11: @gladtohaveit -> Silver LE
7/15: @Nujejep -> Black LE
7/15: @Jensen66 -> Red LE
???: @mimms123 -> ???
7/21: @SledHead -> Black LE
7/22: @Tom in Long Island NY -> Black LE

(will update this post as I get new folks that I inadvertently forgot)
Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
When i switched to the red LE it was more of a swap for one otherwise ordered by a guy who works at the dealer so I expect that when “my” GCLE is shipped to the dealer he will take it or it will go on the lot but not go away
Yeah, we were talking earlier about how they’re still building all the LE’s that get cancelled... and the dealers just sell them on the lot. They’re the LE’s the dealers are advertising with someone’s name on the window sticker, “This vehicle built especially for ______!” ;{

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Was just informed I moved from D to D1, however they could not provide an estimated build date for the Jeep. Progress!

Last edited:

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
Punk'N Metallic orders are getting VINs assigned a few days after ordering. Think that 60 day delay for Punk'N was just a bad rumor. Granite LEs STILL aren't getting VINs assigned 16 weeks after orders were placed. If Jeep had any clear plan about actually producing Granite, we would have VINs/D status (and get stuck there 30-60 days like others have seen). Sure sounds like Granite Crystal Metallic production continue to get kicked down the line with no definitive plan to start producing. If @jctnt1 actually got a VIN assigned, maybe we are starting to see some movement from Jeep.

Think we are all really getting tired of this. Looking at the latest list I started last week, 5 people have bailed on Granite LEs in the last week alone. We are really getting tired of waiting with no clear path forward from Jeep. Also telling from this list, nearly everyone who bailed on Granite LEs just got another color LE, so Jeep knows they aren't losing any sales from dragging their feet, so there is no motivation for them to fix this situation or give us any real status.
Hey, look what Moonridge just posted up! There's hope yet for Ya'll ! Has anyone actually been assigned a VIN for Pumpkin? all I've seen are VON's posted and claims to have been "ordered"...... some one post an actual VIN of an ordered Pumpkin!
img_2319-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Frat36

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma, waiting on 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Just placed my GCM order yesterday. Sport S, Max Tow, 7in Uconnect, dual top, bed liner, cargo management group. Hoping they figured out all the issues with GCM, if not I can wait a little longer.

First post

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
So this was posted on a Punk'N thread. Maybe the same problem they have been fighting with the Granites for a few months now:
I was put on a 3 way call today with my dealer and the regional Jeep rep and was told Punk'n failed FCA's engineering tests so they put a hold on them. He said it was flaking off of plastic surfaces so they're going to tweak the formula of the paint and try again. Hopefully no more than a 30 day hold he said. I switched from Gator to Punk'n to get the truck sooner. He also told me they ran out of Trac Lok differentials for the Sports so I would have to wait until the 7th or so before another allocation of those came in.

WNCJEEP

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite Crystal Launch Edition Rubicon Gladiator; 2014 JKU Rubicon; 1981 CJ7 Laredo
At this point I don’t even care about the color matching top. Just give me a dual top and call it a day. Jeep screwed this whole launch up big time. @JeepCares
Yes, I would take black fenders too

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
Hey, look what Moonridge just posted up! There's hope yet for Ya'll ! Has anyone actually been assigned a VIN for Pumpkin? all I've seen are VON's posted and claims to have been "ordered"...... some one post an actual VIN of an ordered Pumpkin!
img_2319-jpg.jpg
I ordered my punk’n yesterday and got my VON right away, got my VIN today.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Called the worthless concierge line again today. Still C status. Barbara gave the same BS paint issues story they've been feeding us for several months now. In June it was probably early July. For the last month it was "end of the month, but no guarantees". Now that we've reached the end of the month she won't even guess at a start date. If there was any plan to start these in the next month or so they'd start assigning VINs. Only conclusion we can draw is we've still got several more months of waiting until they start to build these.

@jctnt1, if you are really in D, did you get a VIN assigned and/or estimated build date?

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Called the worthless concierge line again today. Still C status. Barbara gave the same BS paint issues story they've been feeding us for several months now. In June it was probably early July. For the last month it was "end of the month, but no guarantees". Now that we've reached the end of the month she won't even guess at a start date. If there was any plan to start these in the next month or so they'd start assigning VINs. Only conclusion we can draw is we've still got several more months of waiting until they start to build these.

@jctnt1, if you are really in D, did you get a VIN assigned and/or estimated build date?
First, let me briefly apologize once again for my outburst the other day. I have been to our mountain, and regained my Zen Balance.
As frustrated as I am, and we all are, I must reiterate, my dealer (who has been very straight and above board with me all along) did tell me, on April 4th, to expect delivery “sometime between August and October.” I, of course, in my exuberance and excitement, totally disregarded his statement, and expected things to proceed much quicker. Point being, regardless of whatever the Concierge’s assigned talking points may be, it’s apparent to me, FCA is following their predetermined schedule, (which has nothing to do with paint), and will probably deliver our GCMLEJTs closer to October than August.
What FCA’s motivation, for this delay, might possibly be, eludes me. However, I’ve determined to stop hoping for a miracle, and accept my, painfully frustrating, lesson in patience. This Launch Edition debacle may have been intentional, or ineptitude, but either way... I’ll get my precious Gladiator... when it comes... and not before! ❤
Ohmmmmmmmmm... ;{

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Hi everyone. I ordered my granite crystal on 6/10 and according to Jeep cares chat, I am in KZ status!!! Released and ready to ship!
Congratulations, here's wishing you fast shipping.

Tell us more about your build, matching fenders/top? 6 or 8 speed? Bed liner? I think these 3 specifically are the items slowing things down. Maybe steel bumper and forward camera as well?

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi everyone. I ordered my granite crystal on 6/10 and according to Jeep cares chat, I am in KZ status!!! Released and ready to ship!
Does yours have body colored fenders and top? ;{

Last edited:
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1929 Model A RPU, 1930 model A roadster, 1932 Ford 3 window coupe, 1952 HD FL, 1956 Chevy Wagon, 1969 Jeepster Commando, 2018 Dodge Charger Scat Pack,
I was told by the dealer to expect delivery about 8/5 yesterday

jjarrell13us

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Well...Below was from Matthew at Jeep Chat just now. Looks like its the steel REAR BUMPER causing the problems in delivery.

"The Gladiator is currently in the pre-production stage which means that it is waiting for all of the parts to be gathered so that it can enter into the build process. At this time I do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. I do see that this is a Rubicon model and you have the steel rear bumper, so there is a bit of a delay while we wait for those parts to come in. I would suggest allowing a week to pass then contact us back for an update, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact back sooner."

My Gladiator details -

Granite Crystal
Rubicon
Black Freedom Top and Black Fenders
Trailer Tow Package
No Steel Front Bumper (not available at time of ordering)
8.4 Inch Audio
8-Speed Auto
Tonneau Cover
Bed liner
Leather Interior
LED Lighting

Order Details:
Order Submitted - June 14
VIN Assigned - June 17
D1 Status - July 9 with Est. Ship Date July 25...
Sponsored