Gladiator in Europe, V6 3.0 EcoDiesel

MPV

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 GC
Interesting FCA press release as this implies that the 3.0L diesel will be for European customers.... sad for US/Canada if true.
  • Advanced fuel-efficient powertrains including a 3.6-litre, 285-hp Pentastar V-6 engine available in markets outside Europe and a 3.0-litre, 260-hp EcoDiesel V-6 for European customers.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Interesting FCA press release as this implies that the 3.0L diesel will be for European customers.... sad for US/Canada if true.
  • Advanced fuel-efficient powertrains including a 3.6-litre, 285-hp Pentastar V-6 engine available in markets outside Europe and a 3.0-litre, 260-hp EcoDiesel V-6 for European customers.
I would say that it is a export-only press release & means:
A. Everyone across the pond that has Jeep dealerships can get the Pentastar engine.
B. Only European customers can get the Ecodiesel.
That being said, export customers may get the 3.0L sooner than the US, depending on the EPA :rolleyes:

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I would say that it is a export-only press release & means:
A. Everyone across the pond that has Jeep dealerships can get the Pentastar engine.
B. Only European customers can get the Ecodiesel.
That being said, export customers may get the 3.0L sooner than the US, depending on the EPA :rolleyes:
I don't see that. Says "will arrive in Middle East showrooms in the first half of 2020, while its introduction in Europe will follow by end of next year"

Ram deliveries expected 4th Qtr this year as well as JL orders. So thinking JL and Middle East Deliveries begin about same time, followed by JT deliveries followed by Euro JT deliveries

EU_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BU Renegade Trailhawk Diesel - JT Gladiator Diesel
I can't wait to order one in Gobi color! hopefully the full color set in the US will be available across Europe

Giersz

First Name
Wojciech
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Launch Edition EcoDiesel
I just wonder if EU Jeep JT will be similar to EU JL or US JL/JT.
EU JL Rubicon got different fender flares, different axles, different transfer case, different engines and more.

I was informed by Jeep dealer that there are no plans to introduce JLU 3.0 Diesel on European market.
Only JT will have 3.0 EcoDiesel same as US market.
JT will follow homologation rules not as a typical car but as a Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV). This gives some more possibilities.

On official Jeep shows they were using JT in US specification probably so pictures are useless.
I am just wondering if EU JT will have high fender flares, wider axles with U-joints or CV joints and also transfer case with 4Hi Auto and so on.
Sponsored