Sponsored

Sting grey owners (future) check in

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
I'm still hanging out in JB Hell (since 7/12) and I'm trying to figure out what the hold up is. Has anyone seen any SG Rubi's with color matched fenders delivered? :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Mine. Delivered at midnight this past Monday.
Sponsored

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
Well son-of-a-biscuit! The first SG JT hit the lot here in the Atlanta market. Sport S model.

They can build for a potential customer but they can't build a sold one. :angry:
Irritating. I’m returned to “D” status for the 4th time. :headbang:

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
How y'all like the cloth seats? It's what I got. Haven't picked up yet.
I like mine! Looks really nice and seems durable. I’ve had black leather before and here in TX, it gets HOT. lol. So I’m good with cloth. :)

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
How y'all like the cloth seats? It's what I got. Haven't picked up yet.
Had leather in my JL, and now cloth in my Gladiator. While the leather will be easier to keep cleanand looked better(IMO) I like how I don't slide around in the cloth. I made the decision based on spending a weekend with my business partners 2dr JL with the cloth.

Riddler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Irritating. I’m returned to “D” status for the 4th time. :headbang:
I’ve bounced around several times as well and I am in D1 again. I received my VIN 6/25

Sponsored

Jeep Rigg

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT-RU Sting Gray, 2014 Toyota 4-Runner
Today I took my first road trip in my SG. Still under 500 miles total in 5 days, but I drove 2.5 hours one way today and learned some sh!t.

Like, the auto engine stop thingy, if you come to a stop and don't hold the brake pedal through the floor, the start/stop doesn't activate. (See if that changes as brake pads wear and I am forced to press harder to keep JT from rollin)

I opted for the 8.4 screen and stereo and its freaking killer. Could it be better, sure but it is an open air vehicle and its loud and clear. The steering wheel does shake a bit with bass, but not horrible like some dudes earlier were talking about. Again, they are big speakers in the dash (not in doors since doors come off) which is directly adjacent to the steering column, what could/should one expect, it's tight.

I think I'm the only SG JT in the Chicagoland area, and by the looks I got at a gas station out in the corn fields today, it might be the only JT they ever see. I was stopped at a gas station by 3 old dudes asking me questions. It was hilarious. Not sure they knew WTF it was.

Anyways, here are some road photos from today. Wish I got one of the old guys when they were lookin' her over. Oh and a pic of the hard top, low budget, storage system I build last night.

20190731_140302.jpg

20190730_224028.jpg

20190731_140308.jpg

Toomamyjeeps

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Comanche, 2000 Cherokee, 2020 Gladiator
Mine has been JB for 18 days but today was shipped to Sterling Heights. Slated for the mopar custom shop. Guess they don’t have the capacity to do the bedliners in Toledo so shipping some to sterling now. And my rail destination has changed from KC to OKC

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Today I took my first road trip in my SG. Still under 500 miles total in 5 days, but I drove 2.5 hours one way today and learned some sh!t.

Like, the auto engine stop thingy, if you come to a stop and don't hold the brake pedal through the floor, the start/stop doesn't activate. (See if that changes as brake pads wear and I am forced to press harder to keep JT from rollin)

I opted for the 8.4 screen and stereo and its freaking killer. Could it be better, sure but it is an open air vehicle and its loud and clear. The steering wheel does shake a bit with bass, but not horrible like some dudes earlier were talking about. Again, they are big speakers in the dash (not in doors since doors come off) which is directly adjacent to the steering column, what could/should one expect, it's tight.

I think I'm the only SG JT in the Chicagoland area, and by the looks I got at a gas station out in the corn fields today, it might be the only JT they ever see. I was stopped at a gas station by 3 old dudes asking me questions. It was hilarious. Not sure they knew WTF it was.

Anyways, here are some road photos from today. Wish I got one of the old guys when they were lookin' her over. Oh and a pic of the hard top, low budget, storage system I build last night.

20190731_140302.jpg

20190730_224028.jpg

20190731_140308.jpg
The ESS won't change. You can control it with brake pressure (assuming it is like the JL). If you have a manual you can control it even more.

Sponsored

Jeep Rigg

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT-RU Sting Gray, 2014 Toyota 4-Runner
The ESS won't change. You can control it with brake pressure (assuming it is like the JL). If you have a manual you can control it even more.
...or I turn the sum bich off. I dont mind it though as long as it doesnt do it every-single-time-I-stop, ie, I dont push the brake pedal through the floor board . Thanks @ThirtyOne

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I'm still hanging out in JB Hell (since 7/12) and I'm trying to figure out what the hold up is. Has anyone seen any SG Rubi's with color matched fenders delivered? :headbang::headbang::headbang:
I picked mine up on 7/23...and I think you saw it in the Facebook group. lol

Koala JT

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Awaiting Delivery)
Occupation
COMMERCIAL UAS PILOT
Been back and forth from d to d1 for the last 2 weeks from Jeep chat. Dealer's screen says estimated ship date of 8/2.......who should I believe? Lol
Mine has been the exact same also with an August 2nd ship date. No way it’s shipping on 8-2 unfortunately. They waiting continues.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Mine has been the exact same also with an August 2nd ship date. No way it’s shipping on 8-2 unfortunately. They waiting continues.
It's actually more possible than you think. Once my dealer texted me the estimated ship date and that it would be there in 10 days. 11 days later it arrived and I picked it up on day 12. It was in D1 the day he told it was going to ship in a couple days.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
And the answer for today is:
"I was able to locate the order and it has been sequenced for production and should start the build process soon!"

D1...
Sponsored