ThomFoolery

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1978 Bandit Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
Took my Sith Lord into the dealership for his first service this past Friday! It was the first one they sold and the first one in the service department. Fun seeing everyone gather to check it out. Loving this beast quite a bit!
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Did you make sure they didn't overfill the crank case?

From the 1980s until early 2018 the V6 engines in Jeep Wranglers always took 6 quarts of oil, and it seems that most dealerships never got the memo that the oil capacity has now changed.

The Wrangler/Gladiator get 4 FREE oil changes per the Jeep Wave Program, but you must verify that they do the job correctly! :)

Nice Jeep!

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Did you make sure they didn't overfill the crank case?

From the 1980s until early 2018 the V6 engines in Jeep Wranglers always took 6 quarts of oil, and it seems that most dealerships never got the memo that the oil capacity has now changed.

The Wrangler/Gladiator get 4 FREE oil changes per the Jeep Wave Program, but you must verify that they do the job correctly! :)

Nice Jeep!
Is that true about the oil changes? My dealership said I get 2 free from them.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is that true about the oil changes? My dealership said I get 2 free from them.
We want you to take pride in driving your Jeep® Brand vehicle. Jeep Wave members receive four oil changes and tire rotations for the length of membership.

https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

The real question is, does it cost anything to remain a Jeep Wave member after a designated time.
Yes, it is true. Wrangler, Gladiator, and a couple of other models are automatically enrolled in the Jeep Wave Program. You get 4 free oil changes, 4 free tire rotations, and discounts on parts, among other things.

And yes, after the allotted time is expired you have to pay a fee if you wish to remain enrolled. Some models of Jeeps have to pay to enroll from day 1.

Sponsored

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Got first oil change with the Wave program and dealer said they would not rotate the tires since the wheels were aftermarket. Too many customers complain of damage. Asked the service rep, "what more can you do to them?". It's not like I would be able to tell.

IMG_2409.JPG

NektoInPhx

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99Taco4x2, 04Taco4x4, 13JKSport
Got first oil change with the Wave program and dealer said they would not rotate the tires since the wheels were aftermarket. Too many customers complain of damage. Asked the service rep, "what more can you do to them?". It's not like I would be able to tell.

IMG_2409.JPG
Haha, that's what my wheels generally look like too! :rock:
If anything, more scratches would make them look more uniform.

OP
OP
ThomFoolery

ThomFoolery

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1978 Bandit Trans Am
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't know about the possible overflow but I will check. AND I didn't know about Jeep Wave giving me 4 free so thank you! I'll definitely look into that as I am enrolled.

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
I didn't know about the possible overflow but I will check. AND I didn't know about Jeep Wave giving me 4 free so thank you! I'll definitely look into that as I am enrolled.
I bought my Gladiator on May 31st and was automatically enrolled, I just received a Jeep wave packet yesterday with a ID card that they said to present to the dealership when getting service.

Sponsored

TxGladiator

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I bought my Gladiator on May 31st and was automatically enrolled, I just received a Jeep wave packet yesterday with a ID card that they said to present to the dealership when getting service.
I’m enrolled in Jeep Wave but didn’t receive a packet.Will need to give them a call.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
My service manager was adamant about not needing any scheduled service until 10,000 miles. At that time they will change oil, filter, rotate tires and give my JT a complete systems going over. All at no charge to me. Plus I have 8 years, 100k miles bumper to bumper warranty. Of course that does not cover consumables such as wiper blades, etc.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If I was a service tech, I wouldn't want to rotate aftermarket wheels and tires either. Most times, an aftermarket wheel/tire combo can go 90-120 lbs. each. Why should I lug that stuff around for a customer when the job calls for rotating OE equipment which is half the weight?

10,000 miles is a lot on break-in oil. The highest concentration of contaminate and metal particles will be in that first oil cycle.

Also, make sure they are aware that the current Pentastar V6 used in JL/JT is the first six-cylinder ever put in a Wrangler/Gladiator that requires FIVE quarts of oil.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I was automatically enrolled in jeepwave but I have seen nothing regarding free oil changes anywhere on the site other than them trying to sell prepaid oil change packages. Am I missing where to look? Let's face it at $40 or whatever that's a couple hundred I could use for other goodies. The dealership didn't say ANYTHING regarding free oil changes and this is not the first Jeep I have bought there.

DISREGARD!

I found it, for those of you who don't know where to look, you sign into wave click on "my account" then click on "jeep wave" then click on "my jeep wave". On that page it shows your enrollment date, number of oil changes remaining and there is a button to schedule service.
Sponsored