Sponsored

Max Tow?

Mr. Mango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon 2020 Gladiator Sport S, Colroada ZR2
Has anyone received theirs yet?
Have yet to see one in Canada. Most dealerships I’ve asked think it is the anti-spin differential option.
Still going back and forth over Sport S or Rubicon.
Sponsored

rigger 17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Took delivery of a sport s max tow in michigan yesterday. LOTS OF LITTLE CHANGES BESIDES THE HITCH ? lIGHT,FENDERS ,GEARING , AXLES,COOLING

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
Has anyone received theirs yet?
Have yet to see one in Canada. Most dealerships I’ve asked think it is the anti-spin differential option.
Still going back and forth over Sport S or Rubicon.
I am seeing lots listed noting Tow Package, but not Max Tow. Is there a way to tell visually? I thought I read something about the rear fenders.

Also, I don't think you cant get Anti-Spin with the Max Tow?

kndrewa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 XJ, 2015 A3
The front and rear fenders are both slightly wider with an additional lip to cover the wider axles. I found this quote in another thread;

Wraith said:
Hey everyone, exciting news for those of us waiting for the Max Tow group to be available in the Build & Price tool for the Sport and Sport S packages. It is finally up and live on Jeep's website and here are the details from the package. Definitely seems like a great package all around even for those not looking to tow the maximum capacity. You can also add the Trac-Lok Anti-Spin rear differential to the group (sales code: DSA).

Gear Ratios
  • 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio (Sales code: DMF)(Requires Max Tow Package)

Max Tow Package (Sales code: AJQ)
  • 240-Amp Alternator
  • 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio
    • A numerically lower axle ratio results in lower engine rpm and better efficiency. A numerically higher ratio improves acceleration when climbing grades, carrying loads or pulling a trailer.
  • Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc HD Brakes
    • Heavy-duty four-wheel disc antilock brakes are equipped with electronic sensors that help prevent wheel lockup, offering improved steering control under extreme braking or slippery conditions.
  • Class IV Receiver Hitch
    • A frame-mounted Class IV hitch lets you connect a trailer for serious towing.
  • Heavy Duty Dana 44 Wide Front Axle
  • Heavy Duty Dana 44 Wide Rear Axle
  • Daytime Running Lamp System
  • GVW Rating - 6250#
  • Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
  • Molded-In-Color Fender Flares (2-Pc)
  • Trailer Hitch Zoom
    • The ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera[1] provides a wide angle view of the area immediately behind the vehicle when it is shifted into reverse. The display includes dynamic gridlines to aid the driver when maneuvering into parking spaces or narrow areas. It also aids in lining up a trailer to the vehicle's trailer hitch, when so equipped, by allowing the driver to toggle back and forth between the normal view and a 4x zoom mode. The zoom feature is available with the Trailer Tow Package.

1. Always check entire surroundings visually before backing up.
Included are two images of a configured Sport S Max Tow package Gladiator. Note the two piece fender flares and LED marker lamps.

7486.jpg

7487.jpg

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I prefer open or limited slip over a locker in snow and ice. If one wheel spins, you may not want the other spinning too, or you will slide sideways. I have done a lot of hunting with open diffs and in snow, and have found this setup to work for me. I do prefer the things the max tow option gives me. On the dealer's lot, look for the little flares sticking out of the fenders, giving another half inch or so width to the fenders.

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
here are photos of the front and rear max tow fenders

101_1596 (2).JPG

101_1597 (2).JPG

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
The front and rear fenders are both slightly wider with an additional lip to cover the wider axles. I found this quote in another thread;

Wraith said:
Hey everyone, exciting news for those of us waiting for the Max Tow group to be available in the Build & Price tool for the Sport and Sport S packages. It is finally up and live on Jeep's website and here are the details from the package. Definitely seems like a great package all around even for those not looking to tow the maximum capacity. You can also add the Trac-Lok Anti-Spin rear differential to the group (sales code: DSA).

Gear Ratios
  • 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio (Sales code: DMF)(Requires Max Tow Package)

Max Tow Package (Sales code: AJQ)
  • 240-Amp Alternator
  • 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio
    • A numerically lower axle ratio results in lower engine rpm and better efficiency. A numerically higher ratio improves acceleration when climbing grades, carrying loads or pulling a trailer.
  • Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc HD Brakes
    • Heavy-duty four-wheel disc antilock brakes are equipped with electronic sensors that help prevent wheel lockup, offering improved steering control under extreme braking or slippery conditions.
  • Class IV Receiver Hitch
    • A frame-mounted Class IV hitch lets you connect a trailer for serious towing.
  • Heavy Duty Dana 44 Wide Front Axle
  • Heavy Duty Dana 44 Wide Rear Axle
  • Daytime Running Lamp System
  • GVW Rating - 6250#
  • Heavy Duty Engine Cooling
  • Molded-In-Color Fender Flares (2-Pc)
  • Trailer Hitch Zoom
    • The ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera[1] provides a wide angle view of the area immediately behind the vehicle when it is shifted into reverse. The display includes dynamic gridlines to aid the driver when maneuvering into parking spaces or narrow areas. It also aids in lining up a trailer to the vehicle's trailer hitch, when so equipped, by allowing the driver to toggle back and forth between the normal view and a 4x zoom mode. The zoom feature is available with the Trailer Tow Package.

1. Always check entire surroundings visually before backing up.
Included are two images of a configured Sport S Max Tow package Gladiator. Note the two piece fender flares and LED marker lamps.

7486.jpg

7487.jpg
Do the fenders come with the LED markers?!

Iceguy24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk / 2014 Ram 1500 Sport
Is max tow still an option in Canada for the Sport S? It's not listed on the Build & Price tool on Jeep's Canadian website.

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Is max tow still an option in Canada for the Sport S? It's not listed on the Build & Price tool on Jeep's Canadian website.
I ordered a 2021 Max Tow Sport S from my local Canadian dealer a few weeks ago. It should be here in 10 days. They didn't really know much about the Max tow. I just gave them a list of what I wanted and they ordered it.

It is on the Jeep builder site though. Both the 2020 and 2021 builder have it.

Iceguy24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk / 2014 Ram 1500 Sport
I ordered a 2021 Max Tow Sport S from my local Canadian dealer a few weeks ago. It should be here in 10 days. They didn't really know much about the Max tow. I just gave them a list of what I wanted and they ordered it.

I hope the next 10 days pass by quickly for you. Enjoy the Jeep when it arrives!

I figured out the issue with the Build & Price tool. The Max Tow Package only appears when you select the 3.6L engine with the automatic transmission.

Thanks!

Sponsored

YYCSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave 3.6 Auto

Congrats on your order. Long shot question. Do you know if 2021s can be leased? I don't see it on jeep.ca as an option. 2020s still show you can cash/finance/lease, but 2021s only show cash/finance. Thanks.

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Congrats on your order. Long shot question. Do you know if 2021s can be leased? I don't see it on jeep.ca as an option. 2020s still show you can cash/finance/lease, but 2021s only show cash/finance. Thanks.
Thanks. No Idea.

Sneeeez

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Government of Canada
You can lease a '21. We had a deal in place for a 5 year lease, but at the last minute we decided to go ahead with the purchaser instead !!
Sponsored