Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
So 1C6JJTBG9LL134660 IS OFFICIALLY THE 1ST KNOWN VIN FOR A GCLE? I know they are building vin #40000 sometime this week. so 34660 was built weeks ago. lets all call customer service and ask about this vin, ask who it was issued to and then tell them we got same vin...that'll throw a monkey wrench in their system...
This is the first build Granite LE VIN that we know of.

The first Granite LE VIN was in this thread, but it's still not showing as built (no build sheet/sticker yet). 1C6JJTBG8LL113721
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/granite-launch-edition.17787/
Sponsored

terrordbn

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition, 2020 Jeep Granite Crystal Gladiator Launch Edition (on order)
Vehicle Showcase
Sticker also shows last 4 of VON as 5423, but looking at the tracking spreadsheet, the Granite VONs are 4359xxxx through 4364xxxx. Last 4 doesn't help much in figuring out when it was actually ordered compared to the rest of us.

Build sheet does show it as a sold order (a production evaluation run) vs. dealer order, so maybe someone backed out and/or they shipped one of the production guinea pigs.
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6JJTBG9LL134660
Dealership just texted me and said it was an order that the buyer backed out on. If that is the case, why are the rest of our orders not progressing? Why build one and not all the other orders?

Aaron

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Dealership just texted me and said it was an order that the buyer backed out on. If that is the case, why are the rest of our orders not progressing? Why build one and not all the other orders?

Aaron
The build sheet shows it as a Production Evaluation Run. I personally wouldn't want one they are still practicing on how to build/paint them, especially after waiting this long.

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR LE Black, 1996 XJ 4.0 5.5" long arm, 2003 Matrix XRS,
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Director
Seeing this has made me even more excited that I switched to BLACK LE. Im sure many of us are triggered by this as I am. I have been in the dealership world for 22 years and I have never heard or seen anything like this. FCA has egg on their face with this one unit on the ground available and did not give to the "next" person in line that ordered a Granite LE. I had heard from my dealer that the 12th of august was when they were going to start down that line....no guarantee...which is different from the 26th that has been floating around here from the concierge as the date to go down the assembly line. Even if they are they are not going to get them thru for all or most of us to have taken delivery by september october or even november. If we see the patterns of what the averages are of those that ordered to when they recieved taken delivery I'll bet the timelines would equal winter months.

CAPPLET

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
This really gets under my skin. How can a dealer have a GCM LE on their lot for sale when customer pre-orders cannot even get a solid status of our orders?

Aaron
So stupid! Clearly GC LE and we don’t know anything.

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I was just looking at the order tracking tool and it shows a GCM LE for "onthelot" completed in the last 24 hours.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
OMG!!!! Called the concierge line today. I'm officially D status!!! Granite LEs are finally moving forward after 18 weeks! Paige said most of them changed to D yesterday, and should be D1 next week with VINs.:clap::clap:

Now we can be in D/D1 hell for months!

Dealer's been radio silent on my Silver LE swap, so may wait this out after all.

Last edited:

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
OMG!!!! Called the concierge line today. I'm officially D status!!! Granite LEs are finally moving forward after 18 weeks! Paige said most of them changed to D yesterday, and should be D1 next week with VINs.:clap::clap:

Now we can be in D/D1 hell for months!

Dealer's been radio silent on my Silver LE swap, so may wait this out after all.
Stoked for you! I say wait it out, you are moving now!

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
Yahoo!! Kayakmike!! I’ve tried to call twice and keep getting sent to voicemail. I’ll let y’all know what they say too.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Yahoo!! Kayakmike!! I’ve tried to call twice and keep getting sent to voicemail. I’ll let y’all know what they say too.
I will say Paige was in much better spirits this morning. Think she was getting tired of saying “C” status over and over.

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
I will say Paige was in much better spirits this morning. Think she was getting tired of saying “C” status over and over.
We’ve had so many disappointments... we look like the news media running with every “This is it! This is the END OF TRUMP!” story... only to be crushed the next day, when the story crumbles!
I don’t know... I’m just to skeptical... think I’ll reserve my happydance till Paige or Barb tells ME I’m in “D”! :fingerscrossed:;{

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide