Sponsored

Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here!

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I'm guessing that a reason for mine taking nearly 15 weeks was that I ordered the steel bumper 2-3 days before they stopped allowing them to be ordered...and I was not allowed to delete it from the order. Now I think the wait was worth it.
Are you going to give us a write up on your initial thoughts? As a long time member and Jeep owner I would love to hear what you think.
Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Are you going to give us a write up on your initial thoughts? As a long time member and Jeep owner I would love to hear what you think.
Initial thoughts on the 140 mile drive home are that I love it. Yes, it does wander a bit at highway speeds as some have complained. Part of that may be because the dealer crammed 49 lbs of air into the tires. I'll take them down to a reasonable level today. I was impressed with the silence of the Falkens. I don't like the ESS though it functioned well. I have a SmartStopStart module that I will install today or tomorrow to kill that nanny.

It seems to have plenty of power and the shifting of the 8-speed tranny is flawless and rarely noticeable. I could not say that about the GMC Canyon that I traded. As per break-in recommendations in the owners manual, I varied my speeds a lot and floored it for brief moments at highway speeds. Absolutely no problem pulling the steep hills headed toward my cabin.

The push-button start will take some getting used to. Every time I got in the vehicle, I pulled the keys from my pocket...then realized I didn't need them.

When I pulled it into the garage for the first time, I could tell that it was much taller than my Canyon...or I was at least sitting a lot higher. The width and length are nearly identical to the mid-sized Canyon...even though it seems much larger.

Not much else to say at this point.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing that a reason for mine taking nearly 15 weeks was that I ordered the steel bumper 2-3 days before they stopped allowing them to be ordered...and I was not allowed to delete it from the order. Now I think the wait was worth it.
I agree 100% and enjoy! There's alot of us on here that are quite envious! Enjoy!

Rush83

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Looking for estimates on how long it took for your JT to ship after placed in KZS status?

Sponsored

Gladiator Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JTR
Initial thoughts on the 140 mile drive home are that I love it. Yes, it does wander a bit at highway speeds as some have complained. Part of that may be because the dealer crammed 49 lbs of air into the tires. I'll take them down to a reasonable level today. I was impressed with the silence of the Falkens. I don't like the ESS though it functioned well. I have a SmartStopStart module that I will install today or tomorrow to kill that nanny.

It seems to have plenty of power and the shifting of the 8-speed tranny is flawless and rarely noticeable. I could not say that about the GMC Canyon that I traded. As per break-in recommendations in the owners manual, I varied my speeds a lot and floored it for brief moments at highway speeds. Absolutely no problem pulling the steep hills headed toward my cabin.

The push-button start will take some getting used to. Every time I got in the vehicle, I pulled the keys from my pocket...then realized I didn't need them.

When I pulled it into the garage for the first time, I could tell that it was much taller than my Canyon...or I was at least sitting a lot higher. The width and length are nearly identical to the mid-sized Canyon...even though it seems much larger.

Not much else to say at this point.
Good review. I agree with you that it drives great. The engine and transmission together never left me wanting more. Although, I havenā€™t towed yet. It also doesnā€™t seem to be that big in person; the photos seem to exaggerate its dimensions. Iā€™m almost at 300 miles total and I must be getting used to the live axels because I barely notice the wandering anymore.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Tonight!! After almost a year of wanting and research I finally have my Gladiator! Couldn't be happier and can't wait to take this rig out on my next overlanding adventure!
IMG_20190809_200308626.jpg
IMG_20190809_200322638.jpg

OP
OP
propkillr

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
Looking for estimates on how long it took for your JT to ship after placed in KZS status?
Two weeks from ready to ship to me driving! I live in SC

Sponsored

Chazsquatch

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT
Hello. New guy here. Just took possession of my Gladiator Friday. Unfortunately I had to tow it back to the dealership on Saturday due to it overheating. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon and I can get back to enjoying it.

B3BD53C9-BE7E-458A-8EFB-6FBE29CBB9C5.jpeg

JTJAY

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
Ordered my launch edition 4/5/19 and finally got it 7/12/19. This is my third Jeep over 24 years and by far my favorite already. I do feel bad for those who are still waiting for their order but it will be well worth the wait when they finally get it.
I know a guy who ordered a granite launch edition a day before me and his truck was just assigned a vin last week.

53588216-B911-44C1-84DD-C34CC5038262.jpeg

06B2F5AB-E54C-4F83-B377-57808134BD6B.jpeg