Request: Rubicon with non painted fenders / Black 3-piece hard top

ChipFernandez

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 97 Harley-Davidson Fatboy, 2019 Coleman BT200X
I went billet silver with black top and black fenders. Spent a LOT of time on the JL forum looking at jeeps and trying to cover the back half of the top with my thumb.

My thought was to simply save the $1000 and use it on other features or upgrades. If I want to go painted later there is always a wrap job that can be put on the roof and fenders and it would also help protect against that Michigan pin striping.

and on top of that, I plan on getting the sunrider for hard top and I cant bring myself to like the contrast of a black section and painted on the roof.
I ordered mine unpainted black too. I figure there will be many after market options like the bushwacker pocket style flares eventually so I wanted to wait to see what comes out. We can always have the flares painted to match. I agree with you and allocated those funds to other options..
Sponsored

Spacecat

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 5-speed, 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Ltd, 1995 Toyota T100 SR5 4x4
I went billet silver with black top and black fenders. Spent a LOT of time on the JL forum looking at jeeps and trying to cover the back half of the top with my thumb.

My thought was to simply save the $1000 and use it on other features or upgrades. If I want to go painted later there is always a wrap job that can be put on the roof and fenders and it would also help protect against that Michigan pin striping.

and on top of that, I plan on getting the sunrider for hard top and I cant bring myself to like the contrast of a black section and painted on the roof.
My understanding is that the "painted" body-color matching tops and fenders on the JT (and JL also?) are not painted at all. The color on these parts are molded into and throughout the plastics,...not superficial. A later wrap job or paint job just won't be able to replicate.

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
My understanding is that the "painted" body-color matching tops and fenders on the JT (and JL also?) are not painted at all. The color on these parts are molded into and throughout the plastics,...not superficial. A later wrap job or paint job just won't be able to replicate.
I cant find any information about the plastic itself being a different color. But I found part numbers for Rubicon fenders that seem to show some differences for paintable or textured and Halogen or LED.

82215740AC Paintable Halogen light
82215741AC Paintalble LED light
82215742AC Textured Halogen light
82215743AC Textured LED light

The only thing that I find strange is the instructions seem to hint that they are the same part just with some extra steps for painting. Both Paintable and Textured have the same instruction PDF that I can find.
upload_2019-8-13_8-59-50.png

bmount

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
27543-aeed7652301a79e8e6fa1611740b8a59.jpg
Sponsored